PDA

View Full Version : i am a sox fan

newfoundsoxfan
05-21-2002, 08:41 PM
Well all you experienced sox fans, i hope that you learn to acecpt me into your interactive white sox forum. I recently decided to become a sox fan, thanks to the influence of my friends. I wish that you all welcome me into your society, and i soon will become an educated member of the white sox forum. thank you, and good night.

Jeff

Chisox_cali
05-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by newfoundsoxfan
Well all you experienced sox fans, i hope that you learn to acecpt me into your interactive white sox forum. I recently decided to become a sox fan, thanks to the influence of my friends. I wish that you all welcome me into your society, and i soon will become an educated member of the white sox forum. thank you, and good night.

Jeff

Welcome aboard Jeff!! :gulp: Who were you a fan of before you joined the black and silver?

KruseControl04
05-21-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Welcome aboard Jeff!! :gulp: Who were you a fan of before you joined the black and silver?

Listen here..... This Jeff might not be trustworthy. I know him personally, and before he came to the Sox, he was a Cubs fan. That's right, he was a flub. I just fear that he may turn his back to the Sox and go back to the Cubs' losing ways. Hopefully when he sees the greatness that is the White Sox, he will never go back to his old ways. That is all.

Daver
05-21-2002, 09:42 PM
:crossdresser

Procol Harum
05-21-2002, 10:19 PM
Who is that rather <ahem> healthy young lady, Daver? The first Mrs. Sandberg? :o:

voodoochile
05-22-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Who is that rather <ahem> healthy young lady, Daver? The first Mrs. Sandberg? :o:

That's no lady, and "she" ain't Cindy Sandberg either...

Though if she was, it would have made it easier on Ryno when she banged the batboy, and the rest of the team...

Now, back to the question at hand...

NFSF - burn your flubbie hat while repeating after me:

"Good Guys Wear Black!"
"Winning Matters!"
"ShamMEMEME is a gloryhogging, steroid-shooting, showboating, Primadonna who believes his own hype!" (Say this one until you actually understand it is the truth and can repeat it by heart)
"I want to see a World Series Title in my lifetime!"
"There is more to baseball than beer, sunshine and ivy!"
"Wrigley Field is for losers!"

Then read up on the ex-flubbie factor and report back here.

Ridding yourself of the disease is hard, but it can be done. You must rid your house of all flubbie paraphenalia. Your friends are going to razz you, but the true ones will stick by you no matter what happens. If you need amunition, familiarize yourself with the overall records of both teams since 1901 (the year our Sox were created). Memorize the head to head records(again, they favor the Sox). Every chance you get remind your loser flubbie friends that their team is headed for a century of futility - a record that dwarfs all other records in all professional sports for length and unbreakability. When in doubt, mention 1906... If you want to be a Sox fan, you have to know what happened that year...

Good Luck...

Just Say No To:
:bluerock

Nellie_Fox
05-22-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
NFSF - burn your flubbie hat while repeating after me:

&quot;Good Guys Wear Black!&quot;
&quot;Winning Matters!&quot;
&quot;ShamMEMEME is a gloryhogging, steroid-shooting, showboating, Primadonna who believes his own hype!&quot; (Say this one until you actually understand it is the truth and can repeat it by heart)
&quot;I want to see a World Series Title in my lifetime!&quot;
&quot;There is more to baseball than beer, sunshine and ivy!&quot;
&quot;Wrigley Field is for losers!&quot;

Ridding yourself of the disease is hard, but it can be done. You must rid your house of all flubbie paraphenalia. Your friends are going to razz you, but the true ones will stick by you no matter what happens. If you need amunition, familiarize yourself with the overall records of both teams since 1901 (the year our Sox were created). Memorize the head to head records(again, they favor the Sox). Every chance you get remind your loser flubbie friends that their team is headed for a century of futility - a record that dwarfs all other records in all professional sports for length and unbreakability. When in doubt, mention 1906... If you want to be a Sox fan, you have to know what happened that year...

Good Luck...

Just Say No To:
:bluerock
Beautiful Voodoo. There is nothing left to be said. But know this: it is difficult for any crack users to quit. The same is true of cubbydom. We will take this convert in, and provide sustenance and succor. But we are also aware that many who claim to convert are, in fact, front runners, and as soon as the northside nine move back into contention they will run back to the sunshine and beer to listen to Bill Murray sing, and throw back homerun balls while checking out the babes and talking on their cellphones, all the while proclaiming their "diehard" status. Yes, though we will accept you into our midst, we will be wary.

voodoochile
05-22-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Beautiful Voodoo. There is nothing left to be said. But know this: it is difficult for any crack users to quit. The same is true of cubbydom. We will take this convert in, and provide sustenance and succor. But we are also aware that many who claim to convert are, in fact, front runners, and as soon as the northside nine move back into contention they will run back to the sunshine and beer to listen to Bill Murray sing, and throw back homerun balls while checking out the babes and talking on their cellphones, all the while proclaiming their &quot;diehard&quot; status. Yes, though we will accept you into our midst, we will be wary.

I am living proof that it can be done, but Nellie is correct... Don't even try to halfass it. You will end up bandwagon jumping for years and never truly know the love of rooting for only one team. Better you stay a blue clad loser than that because professional bandwagoners are the slime of the baseball universe.

LuvChiSox
05-22-2002, 10:26 AM
I just want to add one more thing regarding Sox fans:

Sox fans DO NOT, repeat DO NOT throw back homerun balls!!

Soxheads
05-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by LuvChiSox
I just want to add one more thing regarding Sox fans:

Sox fans DO NOT, repeat DO NOT throw back homerun balls!!

Haven't had the luck to catch one yet, but I'd never throw it back.

Iwritecode
05-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Speaking of that, does anyone realize that it was broken last year? Mike Morgan, Luis Gonzales(sp?) and Mark Grace were all on the D-backs when they won the WS. That other curse about the 36 homeruns or whatever # it was got broken too...

FarWestChicago
05-22-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Speaking of that, does anyone realize that it was broken last year? Mike Morgan, Luis Gonzales(sp?) and Mark Grace were all on the D-backs when they won the WS. That other curse about the 36 homeruns or whatever # it was got broken too... Morgan didn't count as a ex-Flub because he had played on every team in both leagues. :smile:

voodoochile
05-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Speaking of that, does anyone realize that it was broken last year? Mike Morgan, Luis Gonzales(sp?) and Mark Grace were all on the D-backs when they won the WS. That other curse about the 36 homeruns or whatever # it was got broken too...

Actually, it has happened once before too, but it was a long time ago. I think the D-Backs had Batistia too. But, Grace renounced his flubbiness long and loud when he was let go. He ripped the organization for not caring about winning and he ripped ShamMEMEME for being an egotistical jerk who only cares about zingers. In the original analysis of the ex-flub factor there was another player who followed that same method and was no longer counted as an ex-flub.