PDA

View Full Version : BBTN at the Winter Meetings...

getonbckthr
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Is on ESPN today from 4pm-5pm. (right now)

Lip Man 1
12-08-2008, 05:30 PM
No thanks....I have no desire to watch an hour show dealing with all things Red Sox and Yankees.

Lip

DSpivack
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
No thanks....I have no desire to watch an hour show dealing with all things Red Sox and Yankees.

Lip

The hour was mostly devoted to Greg Maddux.

itsnotrequired
12-08-2008, 06:08 PM
The hour was mostly devoted to Greg Maddux.

He spent the majority of his career with the Red Sox and Yankees. I mean, that's all BBTN talks about, right?

NoNeckEra
12-08-2008, 06:28 PM

Lip
While this is only slightly exaggerated, the Red Sox and Yankees DO have slightly more national interest than do our beloved ChiSox, sorry to say.

SoxNation05
12-08-2008, 06:38 PM
While this is only slightly exaggerated, the Red Sox and Yankees DO have slightly more national interest than do our beloved ChiSox, sorry to say.
:scratch: Since when?

cws05champ
12-08-2008, 08:01 PM

It's a self fulfilling prophecy...you talk about them more and show them on TV more and they develop more of a following. I can see the Yankees because they have more of a winning tradition and history....but not the Red Sox.

MHOUSE
12-08-2008, 10:18 PM
It's a self fulfilling prophecy...you talk about them more and show them on TV more and they develop more of a following. I can see the Yankees because they have more of a winning tradition and history....but not the Red Sox.

Are you saying the die-hard, dedicated members of Red Sox Nation are not the greatest fanbase in the history of professional sports? They're an ESPN-created mob who was nowhere to be found 5 years ago? Ruh roh Scooby.

btrain929
12-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Are you saying the die-hard, dedicated members of Red Sox Nation are not the greatest fanbase in the history of professional sports? They're an ESPN-created mob who was nowhere to be found 5 years ago?

http://www.creepygif.com/images/full/402.gif

Tekijawa
12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Are you saying the die-hard, dedicated members of Red Sox Nation are not the greatest fanbase in the history of professional sports? They're an ESPN-created mob who was nowhere to be found 5 years ago? Ruh roh Scooby.

Most of them were dead until some of their grandchildren were able to score some wicked awesome tickets to the World Series, down a few beers and reminisce about how much their grandparents loved the team in-front of any available camera.

Gammons Peter
12-09-2008, 11:12 AM
I hate teal

SoxNation05
12-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I hate teal
I don't even know what color teal is any more because for some reason it is posted as the wrong color more than it is the right.