PDA

View Full Version : Another day, another sale at whitesox.com

doublem23
12-08-2008, 10:18 AM
25% off your entire order. Today (12/8) only.

http://shop.mlb.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1452347&partnerId=ed-2146941-55446205&source=ed-2146941-55446205

esbrechtel
12-08-2008, 10:23 AM
I noticed the online league stores are having insane sales every day. NHL, MLB and NFL sites are offering "one day" discounts every day...

I always feel like I will buy something only to see that it is a higher % off the next day...

soxfan13
12-08-2008, 10:39 AM
I got myself in trouble friday with the buy one get one free sale. I still have to tell the wife about the 250 dollar charge on the credit card. I am going with the "but honey its 800 dollars worth of stuff that I got incredibally cheap":D:

skottyj242
12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I got myself in trouble friday with the buy one get one free sale. I still have to tell the wife about the 250 dollar charge on the credit card. I am going with the "but honey its 800 dollars worth of stuff that I got incredibally cheap":D:

I just got an email saying my order should arrive today.

soxfan13
12-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I just got an email saying my order should arrive today.

Yeah I know I got my email saying its gonna be alot sooner. My stuff is in Chicago right now. I have to break the news tonight. I might not be in tomorrow:wink:

Yep I am suppose to get it tomorrow DAMN!!!!!

esbrechtel
12-09-2008, 08:46 AM
How did she take it Soxfan13? Are you still alive :redneck

soxfan13
12-09-2008, 08:51 AM
How did she take it Soxfan13? Are you still alive :redneck

I pussed out I am just gonna throw it at her when she calls me later asking me about this big box we just got delivered to the house. I checked the tracking and it is being delivered today:redneck

soxpride724
12-09-2008, 08:59 AM
And the sale is extending through today as well. I'm hoping they do another 30% off everything again.

soxfan13
12-09-2008, 09:07 AM
and the sale is extending through today as well. I'm hoping they do another 30% off everything again.

stay away :d:

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-09-2008, 09:44 AM
stay away :d:

Or just give her the credit card for an hour or so.

soxfan13
12-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Or just give her the credit card for an hour or so.

that doesnt work she is the frugal one , out of us. :redneck

esbrechtel
12-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I pussed out I am just gonna throw it at her when she calls me later asking me about this big box we just got delivered to the house. I checked the tracking and it is being delivered today:redneck

:popcorn:

This is entertaining to me because I have been there before...

soxfan13
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
:popcorn:

This is entertaining to me because I have been there before...

yeah so have I but I never learn!!!:tongue:

esbrechtel
12-09-2008, 01:28 PM
yeah so have I but I never learn!!!:tongue:

The winter classic jersey purchase has put me in that position this year as well. Although not mad I purchased it, mad that I "bought myself a gift"

soxfan13
12-09-2008, 06:07 PM
The winter classic jersey purchase has put me in that position this year as well. Although not mad I purchased it, mad that I "bought myself a gift"

Well it went surprisingly well. I had to break it to her over the phone but I had no choice. The following phone call is a true story and names have been changed to protect the innocent, mainly me

Soxfan13: Hey honey how was your day?

Pregnant Soxfan : It was ok. what did you do?

Soxfan13: What do you mean?

Pregnant Soxfan: you never call me honey, what did you do?

Soxfan13: Nothing I am just in a good mood....ok I have to tell you something

Pregnant Soxfan: What?

Soxfan13: I put a charge on the credit card and I wanted to tell you before you got the bill

Pregnant Soxfan: What credit card and how much?

Soxfan13: My credit card and it was about 250 dollars

Pregnant Soxfan: I know YOUR credit card but how did you get it.

Soxfan13: I know were you hide it, its in the safe (nervous giggle)

Pregnant Soxfan: You are an ass I told you let me pay it off then you can have it back.

Soxfan13: but I checked the balance and said it was down to only owing 50 bucks

Pregnant Soxfan: Well lets see that means its still not payed off

Soxfan13: I rounded down so to me it was payed off

Pregnant Soxfan: WHATEVER ASS what did you get?

Soxfan13: It was an emergency and MLB was having a great clearance sale, I couldnt pass it up.

Pregnant Soxfan: What did you get?

Soxfan13: I got 800 dollars worth of stuff for about 250 dollars

Pregnant Soxfan: WHAT DID YOU GET?

Soxfan13: Some White Sox stuff

Pregnant Soxfan: I assumed that ******* but what.

Soxfan13: I got a Dye Civil Rights Jersey and a Swisher 1983 throwback jersey

Pregnant Soxfan: Swisher isnt even on the team anymore and you said you didnt like him

Soxfan13: No I said he was having a horrible year and he better play better next year and besides my choices were limited on the jerseys

Pregnant Soxfan: Oh thats a great reason for buying one

Soxfan13: ahhh but I didnt buy the Swisher jersey it was free so how can I pass on a free jersey

Pregnant Soxfan: I wasnt free you bought it.

Soxfan13: No I bought the Dye jersey and the Swisher jersey was free (another nervous giggle)

Pregnant Soxfan: Whatever!!! What else did you get?

Soxfan13: Sox stuff

Pregnant Soxfan: quit being an *******

Soxfan13: I got a zipper hoodie and a jacket and the pink mothers day bat for the Sox room in the basement.

Pregnant Soxfan: you have a ton of sweatshirts

Soxfan13: Yeah but now that you are pregnant you steal them all and besides I dont have a zipper Sox hoodie

Pregnant Soxfan: Another great reason to buy something.

Soxfan13: But I bought the sweatshirts for you

Pregnant Soxfan: No you didnt quit lying now

Soxfan13: I love you

Pregnant Soxfan: shut up

Soxfan13: I do and at least I told you before the bill got to the house

Pregnant Soxfan: You probably only told me because the **** is gonna be delivered soon

Soxfan13: well yeah its being delivered about a week early and should be there today, can you check behind the bushes when you get home?

Pregnant Soxfan; You are such an ass I am at the doctor now I will see you later and we need to talk about your idea of an emergency and my idea of an emergency.

Pregnant Soxfan: yeah yeah bye.....click:D:

esbrechtel
12-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Nice...that is sitcom quality right there...hopefully Dye doesn't get traded or you will be up a creek :redneck

soxpride724
12-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow Soxfan, I can't tell you how many times I have had that same exact conversation lol! I thought I was the only one.

turners56
12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Well it went surprisingly well. I had to break it to her over the phone but I had no choice. The following phone call is a true story and names have been changed to protect the innocent, mainly me

Soxfan13: Hey honey how was your day?

Pregnant Soxfan : It was ok. what did you do?

Soxfan13: What do you mean?

Pregnant Soxfan: you never call me honey, what did you do?

Soxfan13: Nothing I am just in a good mood....ok I have to tell you something

Pregnant Soxfan: What?

Soxfan13: I put a charge on the credit card and I wanted to tell you before you got the bill

Pregnant Soxfan: What credit card and how much?

Soxfan13: My credit card and it was about 250 dollars

Pregnant Soxfan: I know YOUR credit card but how did you get it.

Soxfan13: I know were you hide it, its in the safe (nervous giggle)

Pregnant Soxfan: You are an ass I told you let me pay it off then you can have it back.

Soxfan13: but I checked the balance and said it was down to only owing 50 bucks

Pregnant Soxfan: Well lets see that means its still not payed off

Soxfan13: I rounded down so to me it was payed off

Pregnant Soxfan: WHATEVER ASS what did you get?

Soxfan13: It was an emergency and MLB was having a great clearance sale, I couldnt pass it up.

Pregnant Soxfan: What did you get?

Soxfan13: I got 800 dollars worth of stuff for about 250 dollars

Pregnant Soxfan: WHAT DID YOU GET?

Soxfan13: Some White Sox stuff

Pregnant Soxfan: I assumed that ******* but what.

Soxfan13: I got a Dye Civil Rights Jersey and a Swisher 1983 throwback jersey

Pregnant Soxfan: Swisher isnt even on the team anymore and you said you didnt like him

Soxfan13: No I said he was having a horrible year and he better play better next year and besides my choices were limited on the jerseys

Pregnant Soxfan: Oh thats a great reason for buying one

Soxfan13: ahhh but I didnt buy the Swisher jersey it was free so how can I pass on a free jersey

Pregnant Soxfan: I wasnt free you bought it.

Soxfan13: No I bought the Dye jersey and the Swisher jersey was free (another nervous giggle)

Pregnant Soxfan: Whatever!!! What else did you get?

Soxfan13: Sox stuff

Pregnant Soxfan: quit being an *******

Soxfan13: I got a zipper hoodie and a jacket and the pink mothers day bat for the Sox room in the basement.

Pregnant Soxfan: you have a ton of sweatshirts

Soxfan13: Yeah but now that you are pregnant you steal them all and besides I dont have a zipper Sox hoodie

Pregnant Soxfan: Another great reason to buy something.

Soxfan13: But I bought the sweatshirts for you

Pregnant Soxfan: No you didnt quit lying now

Pregnant Soxfan: shut up

Soxfan13: I do and at least I told you before the bill got to the house

Pregnant Soxfan: You probably only told me because the **** is gonna be delivered soon
Soxfan13: well yeah its being delivered about a week early and should be there today, can you check behind the bushes when you get home?
Pregnant Soxfan; You are such an ass I am at the doctor now I will see you later and we need to talk about your idea of an emergency and my idea of an emergency.

Pregnant Soxfan: yeah yeah bye.....click:D:

:rolling::rolling:

That is gold!