PDA

View Full Version : Laird to Tigers.

Scottiehaswheels
12-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Per MLBTradeRumors.com

That kinda sucks, he's done more damage against us than IRodriguez did if memory serves.

btrain929
12-08-2008, 12:42 AM
I never bought into all the Gerald Laird hype, but they needed a catcher. I just hope they are dumb enough to get Adam Everett to be their starting SS.

BadBobbyJenks
12-08-2008, 12:53 AM
I never bought into all the Gerald Laird hype, but they needed a catcher. I just hope they are dumb enough to get Adam Everett to be their starting SS.

Didn't they just acquire Jack Wilson?

Scottiehaswheels
12-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Didn't they just acquire Jack Wilson?Nah, Pirates were asking too much I guess?

btrain929
12-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Didn't they just acquire Jack Wilson?

Yeah it looks like the Dye to Reds situation now: "deal is done" than later "nothing is official" to "not even close" etc...

BadBobbyJenks
12-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Yeah it looks like the Dye to Reds situation now: "deal is done" than later "nothing is official" to "not even close" etc...

Oh wow I thought it was official and just didn't really care enough about the move to ever check back.

veeter
12-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Didn't they just acquire Jack Wilson?Of course not, because the Score reported that they did.

AzureJazzMan
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM

Your wish is granted... LINK (http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/pbc/archive/2008/12/08/tigers-will-not-trade-for-wilson.aspx)

btrain929
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Your wish is granted... LINK (http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/pbc/archive/2008/12/08/tigers-will-not-trade-for-wilson.aspx)

Hahaha. Wow, I guess I'll have to break this out for the 2nd time today. Hey Adam Everett....

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/you_suck.gif

MHOUSE
12-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I like the Laird move from the Tigers end, especially only giving up Moscoso. The Everett signing is weak, but he has to bounce back this year doesn't he? Can you go lower than rock bottom? lol The bad part for us is they've filled out their lineup and still have $$ left for their pitching staff. Boo.

AnkleSox
12-09-2008, 12:45 AM
I like the Laird move from the Tigers end, especially only giving up Moscoso. The Everett signing is weak, but he has to bounce back this year doesn't he? Can you go lower than rock bottom? lol The bad part for us is they've filled out their lineup and still have $$ left for their pitching staff. Boo.

Bounce back would imply that he fell from somewhere.

TDog
12-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Per MLBTradeRumors.com

That kinda sucks, he's done more damage against us than IRodriguez did if memory serves.

I don't know. During an A's game this year, the radio announcers were talking about how many of the hitters who have success with the Rangers prove to be disappointments when they move to other teams.

oeo
12-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Per MLBTradeRumors.com

The only thing I remember him doing is grounding out to Crede to finish off Buehrle's no-no.