PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Stark's Las Vegas Preview

BadBobbyJenks
12-07-2008, 10:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&page=rumblings081207

Top 5 trading Chips:

1) Jake Peavy
2) Jermaine Dye
3) JJ putz
4) Zach Greinke
5) Jeremy Hermida

MOD EDIT: Copyrighted text

MHOUSE
12-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I like Stark, but this article didn't have anything that we didn't all ready know. I'm wondering when the dominoes are going to start to fall. I don't know if it's the economy or Boras or what but man, things have moved slowly this year.

sunofgold
12-07-2008, 11:47 PM
For the money, Greinke would be a better deal than Peavy. Royals though would be crazy to trade Greinke.

NLaloosh
12-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Greinke could be Peavy if he pitched in San Diego for 10% of the cost.

KyWhiSoxFan
12-08-2008, 10:47 AM
If Stark believes Dye is the second-best trading chip on the board, I don't see how Homer Bailey is a great return. Bailey may turn out to be good, but at this point I think the Sox should be able to get more from a team that is young and believes they are an established, steady veteran away from the playoffs or the World Series.

veeter
12-08-2008, 10:50 AM
If Stark believes Dye is the second-best trading chip on the board, I don't see how Homer Bailey is a great return. Bailey may turn out to be good, but at this point I think the Sox should be able to get more from a team that is young and believes they are an established, steady veteran away from the playoffs or the World Series.If this rumor is true, the Sox return is probably the hold up. Kenny is in a position of strength here and wants as much as possible.

btrain929
12-08-2008, 10:52 AM
If Stark believes Dye is the second-best trading chip on the board, I don't see how Homer Bailey is a great return. Bailey may turn out to be good, but at this point I think the Sox should be able to get more from a team that is young and believes they are an established, steady veteran away from the playoffs or the World Series.

I don't know how much stock I put into that top 5 since Greinke is damn near untouchable and Hermida isn't that good....

KyWhiSoxFan
12-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't know how much stock I put into that top 5 since Greinke is damn near untouchable and Hermida isn't that good....

I was surprised to see Greinke in that list, too. But Stark is pretty good. He does not usually just throw names out there. He must have heard something. Maybe because KC is still so far away from being competitive, they're trying to turn Greinke into a team's best three or four prospects. You can always ask for something outrageous because some team may actually take it.

whitesox901
12-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Why in the world would KC trade Greinke?

California Sox
12-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Why in the world would KC trade Greinke?

Maybe because he's two years from free agency, is arb eligible, and has a social anxiety disorder that derailed his career earlier and always presents a risk. Maybe they're going to weigh the market and try to sell high on the kid. One thing is for sure, when he hits free agency, he's gone.