PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede to the Giants?

Rockabilly
12-07-2008, 11:22 AM
A lot of radio talk lately here in CA that Crede will be signing with the Giants ..

Rowand has been trying to get is good friend to join the team.

Craig Grebeck
12-07-2008, 11:24 AM
A lot of radio talk lately here in CA that Crede will be signing with the Giants ..

You listen to too much radio.

itsnotrequired
12-07-2008, 11:27 AM

is there some type of time limit?

Craig Grebeck
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
is there some type of time limit?
Well, considering he comes on here nearly daily and posts rumors that only seem to appear on radio, and never seem to materialize or make any sense whatsoever, I'd say he listens to too much.

veeter
12-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Crede does fit the Giant's profile, though. Old, or beat up and over paid.

Rockabilly
12-07-2008, 11:57 AM

I work 14- 16 hours a day.. So the radio lets the time go by a lot faster

maybe you should listen to MLB Home Plate on XM radio to get the rumors that are going on...

Craig Grebeck
12-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I work 14- 16 hours a day.. So the radio lets the time go by a lot faster
Yikes. I don't blame you man.

whitesox901
12-07-2008, 12:06 PM
I could see them giving him 6 years 80 million.

Seems to be the Giants style of signing

Brian26
12-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Well, considering he comes on here nearly daily and posts rumors that only seem to appear on radio, and never seem to materialize or make any sense whatsoever, I'd say he listens to too much.

Considering you come on here daily and respond to nearly every one of his posts, one could argue you are online too much.

DumpJerry
12-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Well, if he listened to the radio for only five minutes a day and during those five minutes he hears of speculation(s), would you still say he listens to too much radio?

IIRC, Rockabilly lives in Arizona, so the radio he listens to reports different rumors than what Chicago radio reports. Rockabilly is letting us know what they are saying in another part of the country.

Unless, of course, we learn that "Rockabilly" was Kenny's nickname on his high school football team.....:wink:

Rockabilly
12-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Well, if he listened to the radio for only five minutes a day and during those five minutes he hears of speculation(s), would you still say he listens to too much radio?

IIRC, Rockabilly lives in Arizona, so the radio he listens to reports different rumors than what Chicago radio reports. Rockabilly is letting us know what they are saying in another part of the country.

Unless, of course, we learn that "Rockabilly" was Kenny's nickname on his high school football team.....:wink:

Actually I live in CA and Chicago

DumpJerry
12-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Actually I live in CA and Chicago
Well, Arizona is in between the two places.

Wasn't Kenny born (http://www.baseball-reference.com/w/willike02.shtml) in California? Hmmmmm..........

Brian26
12-07-2008, 12:23 PM

If Crede and Boras can get 13+ million a year over six years, tip your cap. That's insane based on Crede's 2007/2008 performances and his questionable back.

gr8mexico
12-07-2008, 12:24 PM

Who cares

Lip Man 1
12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Brian:

Well played sir!

Lip

whitesox901
12-07-2008, 12:39 PM
If Crede and Boras can get 13+ million a year over six years, tip your cap. That's insane based on Crede's 2007/2008 performances and his questionable back.

Insane...I'd say Giants style :D:

sox1970
12-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Crede will be lucky if he gets a multi-year contract. He may get a one-year with an option that kicks in if he plays x amount of games. I'd say at this point, his career is in serious jeopardy.

getonbckthr
12-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Who cares
This is "Whats the Score" the place for all things rumors.

Craig Grebeck
12-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Considering you come on here daily and respond to nearly every one of his posts, one could argue you are online too much.
Oh give me a break. It was in jest.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-18-2008, 03:31 AM
Oh give me a break. It was in jest.

No break will be given to you ya jagbag.

Anyway.... I'm scared to ask these questions... but I will...
a) is there anyway Crede can step infront of Boras and talk to Kenny alone (I know it's legally possible but any chance of it actually happening)?
b) is there anyway Kenny can get Crede to sign a one-year deal for a fair amount of cash (sayyy... $4.5mm and it has to be done legally so avoid the "yeh, Kenny can put a gun to Crede's head" posts)?
c) would you guys want Crede back for one last, last, last dance?

I'm one of the people who wrote Crede off before last season and thought he wouldn't be back. I was wrong then but I think we are all 100% positive that he definitely won't be back in 2009. But if Fields is as bad as some of you make him out to be (I can't say I remember too much of him at third and I know he played a lot in 2007 but I tried to avoid baseball in 2007 because it was a year I am still trying to forget. Two words: Andy. Gonzalez.), maybe we should at least try to bring Crede back for one more season? I'm doubting myself as I type this but maybe some of you have better/more intelligent thoughts (except Craig Grebeck, don't respond).

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-18-2008, 05:43 AM

a) is there anyway Crede can step infront of Boras and talk to Kenny alone (I know it's legally possible but any chance of it actually happening)?
b) is there anyway Kenny can get Crede to sign a one-year deal for a fair amount of cash (sayyy... $4.5mm and it has to be done legally so avoid the "yeh, Kenny can put a gun to Crede's head" posts)?

I'm one of the people who wrote Crede off before last season and thought he wouldn't be back. I was wrong then but I think we are all 100% positive that he definitely won't be back in 2009. But if Fields is as bad as some of you make him out to be (I can't say I remember too much of him at third and I know he played a lot in 2007 but I tried to avoid baseball in 2007 because it was a year I am still trying to forget. Two words: Andy. Gonzalez.), maybe we should at least try to bring Crede back for one more season? I'm doubting myself as I type this but maybe some of you have better/more intelligent thoughts (except Craig Grebeck, don't respond).

As much as I really like Crede, I don't want him anywhere near the Sox next season or the near future. He a huge liability. If he didn't have more and more back issues keep appearing every year, then it would be great to have him back. Like someone stated earlier, his career is in real jepardy right now, and if the Sox are going to dish out a couple million or so, I'd rather it be put towards something that we need even more: starting pitching or a leadoff hitter. Fields and/or Betemit will be just fine (hopefully).

oeo
12-18-2008, 06:34 AM

No, it's time to move on. Crede's back is trash, and it's looking like his career could be completely over in a couple of years because of it.

Steelrod
12-18-2008, 06:35 AM

We have already paid him for 2 years when he spent at least 1/2 the time on the DL. Plus, it is obvious to me that he is firmly entrenched in the Boras camp.
Goodbye Joe, and best of luck to you.

HomeFish
12-18-2008, 06:44 AM
I'd rather have Herbert Perry at 3B in 2009 than Joe Crede. Thanks for 2005, but your time in Chicago is over.

spawn
12-18-2008, 08:09 AM
No, it's time to move on. Crede's back is trash, and it's looking like his career could be completely over in a couple of years because of it.
Word.

Dibbs
12-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Everyone freaked out on Rockabilly when he posted about Wood going to Cleveland...and that turned out OK. I didn't see any credit given. Why do people freak out so much when a rumor is posted?

Tekijawa
12-18-2008, 09:43 AM

There should be at least 1 more number in that salary... that's more their style.

Marqhead
12-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Everyone freaked out on Rockabilly when he posted about Wood going to Cleveland...and that turned out OK. I didn't see any credit given. Why do people freak out so much when a rumor is posted?

WSI tradition? :dunno:

For the most part it's the repetetiveness, the inaccuracy, and the ridiculousness of some of the threads posted. I never minded, I like seeing where players might end up. Most people feel that if someone wants to know every single MLB whisper during the offseason that they should do their own research.

Rocky Soprano
12-18-2008, 10:15 AM

The Sun Times/Trib, can't remember which had a blurb about the move the day before he did. So why should he get credit for it?

Whatever, I don't miss him.

dwalteroo
12-18-2008, 10:58 AM
I'd rather have Herbert Perry at 3B in 2009 than Joe Crede.

Are you saying there's a chance we get Perry back?!

beasly213
12-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Are you saying there's a chance we get Perry back?!

MY EYES!

:tealpolice:

kittle42
12-18-2008, 11:31 AM

Because he acted like he had inside info and the same information could have been found on numerous popular websites. It was annoying. I read it earlier that day on Rotoworld. Should I get "credit?"

Dibbs
12-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Because he acted like he had inside info and the same information could have been found on numerous popular websites. It was annoying. I read it earlier that day on Rotoworld. Should I get "credit?"

Well, he was the first to post it here. I don't have time to look on a bunch of sites, and I definitely do not read the Tribune or Sun-Times regularly.

Anyway, I was just using that thread as an example. Some of his rumors turn out to be correct, while many never happen. I don't see why so many people freak out about his rumors.

ode to veeck
12-18-2008, 03:33 PM
KNBR used to be a decent sports radio station here in the Bay Area but it's gotten so crappy I can't stand to listen to it at all anymore here and switched too KCBS full time for my AM radio fix. KNBR can't even do decent updates of games in progress, so why even bother listening to them; they're so full of crap and in love with listening to themselves; I'm not surprized to hear their rumor mongering out of their asses on Crede. It's sad there's so little decent radio anymore these days ...

Rocky Soprano
12-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Well, he was the first to post it here. I don't have time to look on a bunch of sites, and I definitely do not read the Tribune or Sun-Times regularly.

Anyway, I was just using that thread as an example. Some of his rumors turn out to be correct, while many never happen. I don't see why so many people freak out about his rumors.

It's not HIS rumor.
:rolleyes:

Dibbs
12-18-2008, 04:05 PM
It's not HIS rumor.

OK, I worded it wrong. The rumors he passes along. If I remember correctly, he broke the Quentin trade news before anyone knew of it...that goes a long way in my book! :D:

TDog
12-18-2008, 04:14 PM
KNBR used to be a decent sports radio station here in the Bay Area but it's gotten so crappy I can't stand to listen to it at all anymore here and switched too KCBS full time for my AM radio fix. KNBR can't even do decent updates of games in progress, so why even bother listening to them; they're so full of crap and in love with listening to themselves; I'm not surprized to hear their rumor mongering out of their asses on Crede. It's sad there's so little decent radio anymore these days ...

I have KNBR on my car radio buttons because it has the Giants games. I get the A's games on a station in Modesto that doesn't scream with static when I'm stopped at the light at Oakdale and Floyd. When I'm in the car flipping around, KNBR is in the rotation. It does have some comic value with an afternoon host who sounds like the late Truman Capote. He was talking about Crede the other day, about how there is question that he will play much, if at all this season. He said Crede's manager last year doubted he would be able to play.

There certainly is talk out there about Crede coming to the Giants. I don't see him getting a long-term contract with big money from the Giants -- or anyone for that matter.

I used to be a big Joe Crede fan, in large part because of his defense. I never believed back surgery would be the answer for him, and it seems he has as many problems post-surgery as he did when many around here were complaining that he should have the surgery and get the problem fixed.

soxfanreggie
12-21-2008, 10:40 AM
I might be willing to take a flyer on him if all we're looking at besides him is Fields, but in all honesty, if we're going young and shedding payroll, just stick Fields out there and see if he can do it. If not, you know you need a FA 3rd baseman.

Brian26
12-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I might be willing to take a flyer on him if all we're looking at besides him is Fields, but in all honesty, if we're going young and shedding payroll, just stick Fields out there and see if he can do it. If not, you know you need a FA 3rd baseman.

No way in hell Crede comes back to the Sox. The bridge has been burned.

soxfanreggie
12-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I completely agree with you Brian. What I would be willing to do is a lot different than what Jerry/Kenny/Ozzie are going to be willing to do.

For example, if I'm "going younger" and pretty much slashing payroll, there are several veterans on the team I am trying to trade right now because their contracts will expire in a year or two. Might as well try to get something good for them now, unless we are going to want to pay them and hope for compensation draft picks. It all depends on when we want to start seriously competing again.

Where do you think Crede goes? I think someone signs him to a 1-year $4-5 million deal...anyone else willing to go past that is taking on a huge risk.

12-21-2008, 04:34 PM
It's not HIS rumor.

Who ****ing cares?

Rocky Soprano
12-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Who ****ing cares?

Obviously you do.

12-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Obviously you do.

Good one.

Domeshot17
12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
First, there was the drinking team.

Then, there was the brown team.

Now comes the rockabilly groupies! Maybe they will file petition to bring him back!

thomas35forever
12-21-2008, 08:26 PM
I'd rather have Herbert Perry at 3B in 2009 than Joe Crede. Thanks for 2005, but your time in Chicago is over.
Wow, that says something. You could have said something more realisitic though like Robin Ventura coming out of retirement to play third, only now he's old enough to beat the crap out of anyone who charges him.

BadBobbyJenks
12-22-2008, 01:34 AM
First, there was the drinking team.

Then, there was the brown team.

Now comes the rockabilly groupies! Maybe they will file petition to bring him back!

:rolling:

blackcloud1956
12-31-2008, 09:21 AM
I've always been a fan of Crede but, with his bad back I'd stay away from a long term deal. Wherever he signs, that team may have to make the trek from the dugout to third base, wheel-chair accessible.

everafan
01-02-2009, 03:49 PM
"a) is there anyway Crede can step infront of Boras and talk to Kenny alone (I know it's legally possible but any chance of it actually happening)?
c) would you guys want Crede back for one last, last, last dance?"

Over the years Crede has shown that he will never go against his agent's advice, so I will say there is no chance of any of that happening. It will be hard to see him in another uniform but it is inevitable.

Jurr
01-02-2009, 04:38 PM
"a) is there anyway Crede can step infront of Boras and talk to Kenny alone (I know it's legally possible but any chance of it actually happening)?
c) would you guys want Crede back for one last, last, last dance?"

Over the years Crede has shown that he will never go against his agent's advice, so I will say there is no chance of any of that happening. It will be hard to see him in another uniform but it is inevitable.
If a team hands Crede any kind of significant money over any amount of significant time, they are absolutely stupid.

Crede's back is a ticking time bomb. It will feel better for spells after bouts of anti-inflammatory injections, rehab, and rest. He will torque it again through the constant repeat of a violent swing and the rigors of playing third base. He'll be on the shelf again and again. It's just the hand he's been dealt. Your last conservative option for disc herniation is a microdiscectomy, which he had last year. He showed that the rigors of his job won't hold up to that type of strain. Until a sufficient disc implant hits the market (and they're on the way), he's going to be facing an uphill climb.

In baseball terms, you don't commit much of anything to him, besides an incentive-laden deal that covers your butt against further injury and missed playing time. I guarantee you that Boras is trying to buy Crede some time to get the injury healed up just enough for Crede to look decent at a physical, then he'll strike. This isn't Magglio's knee. This is much more of a problem.