PDA

View Full Version : Furcal?

soxfanreggie
12-06-2008, 11:44 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on offering Furcal a one or two year deal and leaving Alexei at 2B for another year or so. Furcal would give us a good hitting leadoff hitter with good speed. He might even be willing to play 2B again if we wanted to make the Alexei move.

It's probably a pipe dream, but we could offer him a short-term deal that would allow him to head back to free agency when the economy is better and he has more options. Normally I wouldn't want a rent-a-player like this, but he would be a huge upgrade to the batting order by being a true leadoff hitter and a threat on the basepaths.

He was offered 4 years at $35-40 million. Can we come up with 2 years $22-24 million? Would we want to?

Ultimately, I would think getting someone like Furcal would be a minute probability. However, it's something I wouldn't mind exploring to see his interest on being here short-term. Some may call me crazy or stupid; however, I like at least exploring all options.

getonbckthr
12-06-2008, 11:51 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on offering Furcal a one or two year deal and leaving Alexei at 2B for another year or so. Furcal would give us a good hitting leadoff hitter with good speed. He might even be willing to play 2B again if we wanted to make the Alexei move.

It's probably a pipe dream, but we could offer him a short-term deal that would allow him to head back to free agency when the economy is better and he has more options. Normally I wouldn't want a rent-a-player like this, but he would be a huge upgrade to the batting order by being a true leadoff hitter and a threat on the basepaths.

He was offered 4 years at $35-40 million. Can we come up with 2 years $22-24 million? Would we want to?

Ultimately, I would think getting someone like Furcal would be a minute probability. However, it's something I wouldn't mind exploring to see his interest on being here short-term. Some may call me crazy or stupid; however, I like at least exploring all options.
First of all Furcal would play 2nd not Alexei. Next I highly doubt Furcal settles for only 2 years, at least this early into free agency.

dasox1024
12-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey will not accept a 2 year deal.... He wants a long term contract because of his injury that have been coming up the last few years.

jabrch
12-06-2008, 11:53 AM
This would be my #1 choice for FAs (assuming CC Sabathia is considered unreasonable). He'd fix many problems. He could play either 2B or SS, he's lead off, and he's be that disruptor at the top of the lineup.

If not for his history of injuries, I don't think he'd have a problem getting 4/52+.

btrain929
12-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I read somewhere that he turned down an offer around 4/40 from the A's. Soooo.....yeah.....

jabrch
12-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I read somewhere that he turned down an offer around 4/40 from the A's. Soooo.....yeah.....

He doesn't want to take a paycut from the 13mm he got last year, and he wants a 4 year deal. It is rumored that the As deal was 4 years, but less than 10mm per. Seems like the first 4/52 offer will be sufficient. I'm a big fan of Furcal. The question is will he be able to stay healthy over a 4 year deal, into his mid 30s. Most signs point to no.

whitesox901
12-06-2008, 12:02 PM
If we can get him more power to us, do I see it happening...nay

champagne030
12-06-2008, 12:08 PM
He doesn't want to take a paycut from the 13mm he got last year, and he wants a 4 year deal. It is rumored that the As deal was 4 years, but less than 10mm per. Seems like the first 4/52 offer will be sufficient. I'm a big fan of Furcal. The question is will he be able to stay healthy over a 4 year deal, into his mid 30s. Most signs point to no.

I'm confident that you'll say he's the greatest thing since sliced bread if we sign him and he's a piece of **** if we pass.

illini81887
12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Furcal rejected A's offer, just saw on rotoworld

soxfanreggie
12-06-2008, 02:00 PM
If nobody's willing to give him a 4 year $50 mil or more deal, he's going to have to sign multi-years for less or a short-term deal and test FA waters again. It's not like a bigger offer than the A's put out there will magically show up. Everything I've seen has him getting a short-term offer from a contender to tide him over til team decide to loosen their purse strings more. Personally, I would take the 4 year deal, but that's just me-someone who would want the security. However, I would also go to the Sox for a huge discount as long as they used the savings to improve the starting rotation.

munchman33
12-06-2008, 04:15 PM
mlbtraderumors said there's talk the Twins are backing off of Blake and looking at Furcal.

Tragg
12-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me Reggie, although I don't know if he'd go for it.
With Furcal at SS, we could cede CF and the 9 hole to Anderson.

Now we might have to trade Dye to finance it, but apparently we want to do that anyway. And it begs the question: Who plays RF? (or LF, if TCQ plays right). But they must have some idea, as they basically gave Swisher away.

getonbckthr
12-06-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Dye and Peavy are virtual washes right? ( Maybe Peavy makes 2 million more?) The reason I ask is would be at all possible if we move Dye for a couple solid prospects then throw a combo of prospects for Peavy and maybe Giles (1 yr left only I believe). Or would that be too much salary?

diehardRLsoxfan
12-06-2008, 04:57 PM
I predict that we let another team sign him to a four year deal now and then trade for him in 2012 hoping that he can recapture some of his magic from the younger years.

Craig Grebeck
12-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Dye and Peavy are virtual washes right? ( Maybe Peavy makes 2 million more?) The reason I ask is would be at all possible if we move Dye for a couple solid prospects then throw a combo of prospects for Peavy and maybe Giles (1 yr left only I believe). Or would that be too much salary?
Peavy will not come here. Stop bringing this up.

oeo
12-06-2008, 06:10 PM
mlbtraderumors said there's talk the Twins are backing off of Blake and looking at Furcal.

And in the end, they will have a Nick Punto there.

MHOUSE
12-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Furcal turned down a very reasonable contract offer from the As. There's no way he's worth what he's asking for by the end of that deal. Speedy middle infielders don't seem to age that well (see: Luis Castillo) and Furcal has all ready had his share of injuries. That said, I don't see him as a guy who would be willing to move to 2B to allow Alexei to slide over, but that's just my impression of him.

oeo
12-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Furcal turned down a very reasonable contract offer from the As. There's no way he's worth what he's asking for by the end of that deal. Speedy middle infielders don't seem to age that well (see: Luis Castillo) and Furcal has all ready had his share of injuries. That said, I don't see him as a guy who would be willing to move to 2B to allow Alexei to slide over, but that's just my impression of him.

Maybe he just didn't want to play for the A's. :shrug:

btrain929
12-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Maybe he just didn't want to play for the A's. :shrug:

If that was the case, he never would have went down to OAK to meet with them. :shrug:

oeo
12-08-2008, 10:56 PM
If that was the case, he never would have went down to OAK to meet with them. :shrug:

Why? Oakland wanted to talk, he talked with them, and maybe he didn't like what they were doing...

No one really knows what the A's are doing right now. They just had a fire sale last year, then acquired Matt Holliday this year (who will probably be traded in July).

WhiteSoxFan84
12-08-2008, 11:47 PM
why are you guys so certain that furcal won't take a 2 year deal?
a lot of these guys will soon start considering that option as the market is drier than expected. furcal can easily take a 2 year deal for more money (annually) than he even expected himself asking for a 4-year deal. then, after that 2 year deal ends, he'll be 33, not too old at all to ask for a 3-year deal.

so if i was furcal, id take 2 years/$28 mill right now, im sure someone will offer him that (dodgers would probably do that), and then come back in 2 years, hope for the market to be strong again, and get paid even more for even longer.

WHILEPITCH
12-08-2008, 11:57 PM
why are you guys so certain that furcal won't take a 2 year deal?

If he did, it would be for way more than you hypothesize it could be

Renteria just took a two years for 18.5, after what's pretty much his worst year ever...so there's no way Furcal would be happy for 2/28 after a really strong partial year.

While it's a weak market for FAs, Furcal is a guy who will set the bar...and if the right team has an opening they'll spend for him.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-09-2008, 12:01 AM
If he did, it would be for way more than you hypothesize it could be

Renteria just took a two years for 18, so there's no way Furcal would be happy for 2/28

look around my friend, no one will be happy with what they get.
he'll have to settle and 14mm per is a lot more then 9mm per.

look at it this way, the A's originally offered him 4/40 n he said no. a team could run upto him and say "we'll give you 2/28mm, that means you could make 70% of what oakland originally offered in half the time". HEY KENNY, I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO USE THAT AS YOUR SALES PITCH! :redneck

Tragg
12-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Trade Dye; sign Furcal to a 2 year deal. Put the Missle in right. Let BA play CF and the 9 hole.
Essentially traded Dye for our leadoff hitter.
OF defense much improved.

kittle42
12-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Put the Missle in right.

Why do people here just love to toss players into whatever defensive position they want? This isn't RBI Baseball.

btrain929
12-09-2008, 12:56 AM
sign Furcal to a 2 year deal. Put the Missle in right..

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/Virus9484/l_50c4ea1a2e276940076a29b1f975ae-1.gif

oeo
12-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Why do people here just love to toss players into whatever defensive position they want? This isn't RBI Baseball.

Honestly, I don't see what all the gripe is over the lack of a leadoff hitter and centerfielder when we have Jim Thome who can do both.

whitesox901
12-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Trade Dye; sign Furcal to a 2 year deal. Put the Missle in right. Let BA play CF and the 9 hole.
Essentially traded Dye for our leadoff hitter.
OF defense much improved.

Why? Furcal has played Second Before........

thedudeabides
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM

He has played 5 games at 2b since 2000.

thedudeabides
12-09-2008, 10:30 AM
look around my friend, no one will be happy with what they get.
he'll have to settle and 14mm per is a lot more then 9mm per.

look at it this way, the A's originally offered him 4/40 n he said no. a team could run upto him and say "we'll give you 2/28mm, that means you could make 70% of what oakland originally offered in half the time". HEY KENNY, I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO USE THAT AS YOUR SALES PITCH! :redneck

I would be hesitant to give him that. He only played 36 games last year and missed 45 games the season before in which he batted 270/333/355, with only 32 extra base hits. That's pretty much a Juan Pierre type season. Some think the recent struggles are from what could be a re-occuring back problem. That's a big risk for that type of money and the back issue may not be a road the Sox are willing to travel again.

Tragg
12-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Who plays right field? Dewayne Wise?

If Missle was in center, his first position, I assume he can play right.

SoxNation05
12-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Who plays right field? Dewayne Wise?

If Missle was in center, his first position, I assume he can play right.
Alexei's first position is SS. That was the position he played most in Cuba. Then CF and the 2B.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-10-2008, 03:39 PM
The A's offer that Furcal turned down was 4 years, 36mill.
Would you guys give him 4 years, $44 mill and hope he signs?

oeo
12-10-2008, 03:43 PM

I wouldn't give him four years, period. Look for other options.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't give him four years, period. Look for other options.

Really? Why though? Is it his age? He's "31" maybe 32 or 33, so a 4-year deal would lock him up until 35-37 and that's not too bad especially with his defensive abilities.

kittle42
12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Really? Why though? Is it his age? He's "31" maybe 32 or 33, so a 4-year deal would lock him up until 35-37 and that's not too bad especially with his defensive abilities.

Agreed. I'd at least try 4/$40.

oeo
12-10-2008, 04:01 PM

If we're going to bring anyone in, I'd rather it just be a stopgap. Yeah, I know some of you are not inclined to believe that Beckham will pan out...I am.

Otherwise (and this is what I want them to do), I'd rather give the second base job to Getz and spend the money on pitching. BTW, I'm also in favor of Getz leading off.

khan
12-10-2008, 04:29 PM

By my understanding, Furcal was at $15.74M last year!

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/DATABASE02/80402008/-1/database

So no, even with the injuries, I don't think he'll accept much less than what he was making last year. What's more, the union won't like him accepting much less than what he was making last year.

Now, he might take a shorter-term deal for similar money, but going from $15.74M/yr to ~$11M/yr is a ~30% cut in pay!

In either case, given the salary dump so far [yeah, I know KW isn't "calling" it a salary dump, but it is one] I don't know where KW would find the ~$13M/yr to $15M/yr to bring in Furcal.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-10-2008, 10:01 PM
By my understanding, Furcal was at $15.74M last year!

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/DATABASE02/80402008/-1/database

So no, even with the injuries, I don't think he'll accept much less than what he was making last year. What's more, the union won't like him accepting much less than what he was making last year.

Now, he might take a shorter-term deal for similar money, but going from $15.74M/yr to ~$11M/yr is a ~30% cut in pay!

In either case, given the salary dump so far [yeah, I know KW isn't "calling" it a salary dump, but it is one] I don't know where KW would find the ~$13M/yr to $15M/yr to bring in Furcal.

The shape the economy is in, he'll have to settle for 10-11mill per whether he or the MLBPA like it or not. I think the only guys that will get paid what they actually were looking for are Sabathia and Teixeira. K-Rod has already proven that the market is dry and FAs better start accepting the "little" money that's out there now before even that's gone.

I truly think 4 yrs, $44 mill would get Furcal to put the pen to the paper.

khan
12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
The shape the economy is in, he'll have to settle for 10-11mill per whether he or the MLBPA like it or not. I think the only guys that will get paid what they actually were looking for are Sabathia and Teixeira. K-Rod has already proven that the market is dry and FAs better start accepting the "little" money that's out there now before even that's gone.
I'd like to agree with this, but the Yankees are [apparently] stupidly giving $66M/4yrs ~$16.5M/yr to a 36 year old bad guy in Derek Lowe suggests that this may not be the case.

K-Rod is a much overused closer with a history of shoulder/elbow injuries. He's a guy who has an extremely violent motion. And he was a Type A FA in a year when there were other decent options at closer available in FA. All of these reasons attenuated his value on the market. All of these reasons led to K-Rod only getting a 3 year deal, despite his obvious quality and relative youth.

Of course, the last guy to get nearly as many save opportunities as he was our Bobby Thigpen, and Thigpen was out of baseball 5 years after his record-setting year.

I truly think 4 yrs, $44 mill would get Furcal to put the pen to the paper.

You might be right, but I'm still dubious. In any case, I don't think that the payroll is available for him to come here. The multitude of extant IF might not enable him to have a spot here, though he's admittedly better than any of our options. The OF, the starting rotation, and the bullpen could use the $11M moreso than yet another IF, IMO.

Domeshot17
12-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Khan whats with the personal vendetta on Lowe? I know the guy got busted messing around on his wife, but I would bet over 60% of athletes cheat on their spouses.

khan
12-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Khan whats with the personal vendetta on Lowe? I know the guy got busted messing around on his wife, but I would bet over 60% of athletes cheat on their spouses.

Oh, I have no doubt that its more like 80%+ that cheat on their wives. The fact that he's one of the few to get caught suggests that he's dumb, at best.

KRS1
12-16-2008, 03:08 AM
Looks like Furcal is going back to the Braves.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8947764/Source:-Furcal-to-sign-with-Braves

This one caught me by surprise.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Does this make Yunel Escobar available or does he move to second base and Kelly Johnson is available? ..... KENNY: GO GET KELLY JOHNSON! :redneck

GAsoxfan
12-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Does this make Yunel Escobar available or does he move to second base and Kelly Johnson is available? ..... KENNY: GO GET KELLY JOHNSON! :redneck

If Furcal actually signs, the Braves could reopen trade talks with the Padres since Escobar was the main piece of their offer.

veeter
12-16-2008, 07:55 AM
Good for the Braves.

chisox616
12-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Looks like the Braves are doing everything they can to improve, good for them, I'm excited to see how they handle the Mets and Phillies next year (or the Nats with Tex)...

jabrch
12-16-2008, 09:29 AM
If Furcal actually signs, the Braves could reopen trade talks with the Padres since Escobar was the main piece of their offer.

They won't give him an NTC.

He won't go anywhere without it.

Unless either of those change, they won't reopen talks with the Pads. Both teams agreed on a package. That was never the issue.

NLaloosh
12-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Did the Sox get him?

What a shocker. I thought he was coming here.:smile:

champagne030
12-16-2008, 11:37 AM

Why would they go and sign Furcal if Escobar was on the block? They were so high on Lillibridge taking over SS.

GAsoxfan
12-16-2008, 12:21 PM
They won't give him an NTC.

He won't go anywhere without it.

Unless either of those change, they won't reopen talks with the Pads. Both teams agreed on a package. That was never the issue.

I thought he already had a full NTC through 2010 and a partial NTC for 2011 & 2012?

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/san-diego-padres.html

tm1119
12-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Braves say they will play Furcal at 2B and move Johnson to back to LF. Cant really see them doing that though. Johnson is a nice player and everything but his bat is no where near good enough for a corner OF spot. Wonder if we could swing another deal with the braves for Johnson and 1 of Parr, Hanson, or Redmond in exchange for Dye. We could then try to sign 1 of Burrell or Dunn to a 1 or 2 year for around the same amount as Dye was making.

GAsoxfan
12-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Braves say they will play Furcal at 2B and move Johnson to back to LF. Cant really see them doing that though. Johnson is a nice player and everything but his bat is no where near good enough for a corner OF spot. Wonder if we could swing another deal with the braves for Johnson and 1 of Parr, Hanson, or Redmond in exchange for Dye. We could then try to sign 1 of Burrell or Dunn to a 1 or 2 year for around the same amount as Dye was making.

While it's possible the Braves move Johnson back to LF, that would leave them with very little power in their lineup. I still expect the Braves to move Escobar for pitching and sign an outfielder.

Also, I don't know much about Parr or Redmond, but Hanson isn't being traded.

jabrch
12-16-2008, 01:16 PM
I thought he already had a full NTC through 2010 and a partial NTC for 2011 & 2012?

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/san-diego-padres.html

He does - and he is insisting on continuing to have a full NTC after being traded. The Braves don't grant them - denied them to Maddux and Smoltz - so they are not about to change their policy for Peavy.

tm1119
12-16-2008, 01:28 PM
While it's possible the Braves move Johnson back to LF, that would leave them with very little power in their lineup. I still expect the Braves to move Escobar for pitching and sign an outfielder.

Also, I don't know much about Parr or Redmond, but Hanson isn't being traded.

Apparently there is no way Escobar is being traded now.

"The Braves plan to keep Escobar, according to officials familiar with their plans. After offering him to the Padres as the key to a deal for Peavy, the Braves are now determined not to trade him.
"It would take an act of Congress to get him moved now," one of the officials said."

http://danny-knobler.blogs.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/8590096/12323544?source=rss_blogs_MLB

And yeah Hanson probably wont be traded but they need a power bat in the OF and they have a surplus of young pitchers in Parr, Hanson, Morton, Redmond, Reyes, and Medlen who all have advanced to at least AA already. It makes no sense for them to keep all of them when they have other needs.

Scottiehaswheels
12-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Who's left besides the Dodgers shopping for a SS? Orioles supposedly signed Izturis. So that leaves Cabrera, Rivas, Vizquel, and Eckstein as SS candidates for the Dodgers and who else?

cws05champ
12-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Who's left besides the Dodgers shopping for a SS? Orioles supposedly signed Izturis. So that leaves Cabrera, Rivas, Vizquel, and Eckstein as SS candidates for the Dodgers and who else?
Tigers, A's, possibly Toronto, Cin, Cleveland

Scottiehaswheels
12-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Tigers, A's, possibly Toronto, Cin, ClevelandTigers signed Everett. I really really hope the Dodgers take Cabrera as the best of the bad to get us our picks next year.

btrain929
12-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Tigers signed Everett. I really really hope the Dodgers take Cabrera as the best of the bad to get us our picks next year.

That would be amazing if our best-case-scenario for Cabrera came true. He likes the West Coast, and I'd imagine he'd wanna play for a competitor if he's not gonna break the bank. So I think there's a good chance of that happening. That would give us 2 picks in the first 24, and 3 picks in approximately the first 40-50.

Dibbs
12-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Not a Brave yet...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3772806

Gammons Peter
12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Looks like he's now leaning towards the Dodgers....thats bad because we want them to sign Cabrera

jabrch
12-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Tigers signed Everett. I really really hope the Dodgers take Cabrera as the best of the bad to get us our picks next year.

Keep in mind - that backfires if they sign multiple FAs and one is ranked higher than OC. Then we get their 2nd pick, instead of a bad teams higher second pick.

btrain929
12-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Looks like he's now leaning towards the Dodgers....thats bad because we want them to sign Cabrera

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8954110/Sources:-Furcal-picks-Dodgers-over-Braves

Well god damnit. The only other teams that are eligible to give us their 1st rd pick for a Type A FA AND possibly need a SS are the Blue Jays, Twins (unlikely), Cubs (unlikely), and the Angels (probably only possible if they trade their younger options like Wood, Aybar, to the Pads for Peavy).

cards press box
12-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Does this make the Braves the leading contender for Orlando Cabrera?

btrain929
12-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Does this make the Braves the leading contender for Orlando Cabrera?

Well they were never really hard-pressed to acquire a SS since they DO have Y.Escobar. It would just make sense to keep the middle IF as-is and just sign a LF'er...

NLaloosh
12-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Looks like neither Cabrera nor the Sox will come out as well as hoped.

No team has a glaring need or burning desire for him so his big pay day is unlikely. And, the Sox will likely end up with a 2nd round pick for him.

Scottiehaswheels
12-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Looks like neither Cabrera nor the Sox will come out as well as hoped.

No team has a glaring need or burning desire for him so his big pay day is unlikely. And, the Sox will likely end up with a 2nd round pick for him.As much as I hate to say it... Now that this thing has gone to hell, would it be worth it to sign him to a one year deal and hope he retains his Type A status next year?

soxinem1
12-17-2008, 06:28 PM
As much as I hate to say it... Now that this thing has gone to hell, would it be worth it to sign him to a one year deal and hope he retains his Type A status next year?

Hmmm.

The White Sox don't want him.

OC does not want the White Sox.

OC and Ozzie don't like each other.

OC would make at least $10 million for a team obviosly cutting costs.

SOUNDS LIKE A MARRIAGE MADE IN HEAVEN!!!!

Scottiehaswheels
12-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Hmmm.

The White Sox don't want him.

OC does not want the White Sox.

OC and Ozzie don't like each other.

OC would make at least $10 million for a team obviosly cutting costs.

SOUNDS LIKE A MARRIAGE MADE IN HEAVEN!!!!
Ha, I didn't say I liked the idea either. Just one of those things we have to contemplate. I also don't see him getting 8 figures at this point.

btrain929
12-17-2008, 07:13 PM
As much as I hate to say it... Now that this thing has gone to hell, would it be worth it to sign him to a one year deal and hope he retains his Type A status next year?

LOL absolutely not. It's just a 1 pick difference. We were always getting a compensation pick. But instead of a 1st rounder, we'll get a 2nd rounder (and more likely, a high second rounder). We'll still have 4 picks in the top 80-ish picks. We still come out waaaay ahead.

sox1970
12-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Back with LA.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081217&content_id=3720331&vkey=hotstove2008&fext=.jsp

LoveYourSuit
12-17-2008, 08:37 PM
That's a very nice recession friendly contract, loaded on the back when we assume the economy will get back on it's feet.

That is not a bad contract Kenny could have taken a flyer on, but I think we are way too loaded now in the IF .... but I still don't see a lead off hitter there.