PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with DJ

Rockabilly
12-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Spring training is a few months away and I still haven't heard if DJ is going to move to the radio booth with Farmer or we get someone new..

Any ideas who might take the radio job, if DJ moves on...

Scottiehaswheels
12-05-2008, 08:27 AM
I was wondering this too, I saw a snippet about a week ago that he had interviews this week for MLB network and would know something within the next couple of weeks.

Rockabilly
12-05-2008, 08:33 AM
I was wondering this too, I saw a snippet about a week ago that he had interviews this week for MLB network and would know something within the next couple of weeks.

I hope the Sox bring in someone with a lot of charisma.. IMO Farmer is to dam boring to listen to...

Black Jack is probably a long shot.. DAM

VeeckAsInWreck
12-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I wish they'd replace Farmer too. It'd be great if they could just simulcast Hawk and Stoney.

kba
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
I wish they'd replace Farmer too. It'd be great if they could just simulcast Hawk and Stoney.

If he did a simulcast, Hawk would have to say something if a Sox player strikes out or an opposing hitter homers. His long, brooding silence wouldn't work so well on radio.

dwalteroo
12-05-2008, 11:38 AM
I love Farmio! Seriously, he adds a lot of character to the broadcast. I hope they keep him for a long time.

Law11
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
IMO Farmer is to dam boring to listen to...

What you mean you dont want to hear about a fishing trip he took while attending St. Rita a billion years ago.

FP_sox
12-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I like Farmer, but not as play by play

soxinem1
12-05-2008, 01:00 PM
I like Farmer, but not as play by play

He was tolerable doing color.

As play by play, he's like a Yugo engine in a Bimmer. He does not belong.

Jim Shorts
12-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Plesac just took a gig with MLB Network. Did he beat out DJ?

Lundind1
12-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I think that DJ is going to remain silent till after the first of the year as weighs his options and what offers come his way. Remember that it was at the last second that the offer can in for Chris Singleton to do the ESPN gig. IMO I think DJ is going to go into the radio booth with Farmeo and they should do very well together.

I am just wondering how the Stoney/Hawk combo is going to work with both having fairly above average opinions on everything. $20 says that they are ready to kill each other on at least a few occasions by the All-Star break.

soxrepublican
12-06-2008, 05:35 PM
I think that DJ is going to remain silent till after the first of the year as weighs his options and what offers come his way. Remember that it was at the last second that the offer can in for Chris Singleton to do the ESPN gig. IMO I think DJ is going to go into the radio booth with Farmeo and they should do very well together.

I am just wondering how the Stoney/Hawk combo is going to work with both having fairly above average opinions on everything. $20 says that they are ready to kill each other on at least a few occasions by the All-Star break.

Agreed on both paragraphs. DJ will come to the radio booth, and Hawk and Stony may throw a few fists......:cool:

JNS
12-06-2008, 07:24 PM

Hopefully it's Stone that will come out on top of that one. Hawk has improved a bit over the years (back in the day, when he was kissing "Double-D's" butt he was un-listenable), but Stone is absolutely one of the best in the business in every way.

As for Farmer, I wish he had stayed on that fishing trip back when he was taking too many shots to the head on the Rita football team. Absolutely one of the worst in the business.