PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Will Be on the Score

Rockabilly
12-05-2008, 09:13 AM
At 930 am today...

it will be great to hear. what he has to say about the off season moves....

whitem0nkey
12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
cant wait. i hope we get some more info with all the rumors and recent moves.

soxfan43
12-05-2008, 10:39 AM
I bet he rips Javy.

esbrechtel
12-05-2008, 11:09 AM
recap anyone?

oeo
12-05-2008, 11:24 AM
recap anyone?

Probably a no show. :lol:

DaveIsHere
12-05-2008, 11:44 AM
He was on for over 20 minutes, it should be up on the Score's website soon. He went over a lot of stuff. Got me ready for baseball to start.

GoGoCrede
12-05-2008, 11:57 AM
It's on the website now

soxfan43
12-05-2008, 11:57 AM
It's on the website now

For those of us that can't download/stream audio at work, can anyone give a recap?

GoGoCrede
12-05-2008, 11:59 AM
From what I've heard so far, he expects the team to be able to contend in 2009, felt that Javy wouldn't be back. Still listening. Says one of the negative things about Javy was losing it in big games, but the fact that he threw 200+ innings was huge.

GoGoCrede
12-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Infield - Right now, no one has a job for sure, leaning for some guys, but they need to prove themselves first.

Feels ballclub is strong right now, esp. in middle lineup. Biggest thing right now is pitching.

Cabrera arbitration - he says it won't be uncomfortable to have him back, plays better than what we saw. If he comes back, it's up to KW.

Has no idea about FA signings. Times are hard, money-wise. He'd love to have Sabathia, but he'd rather spend the money on a few players, rather than just one for that kind of money. CC is not on his "wish list"

Would Garland be welcomed back? Ozzie says of course. Wish he could have him tomorrow.

Swisher - what went wrong? Ozzie says he did a good job, but was hitting, playing out of position, didn't like Swisher's body language toward the end of the season. He expected that, but it wasn't helping the team. But that wasn't the reason he got rid of him, which Ozzie wanted to make clear.

Is Ozzie concerned about the unproven players, ie, Lillibridge? He talks about Quentin, Danks, etc. Says speed is needed; he's kind of rambling here, but what I gather is that he's glad to have young, speedy players.

Viciedo - If he plays half as good as Alexei does, he'd take him any minute. Ozzie saw him in the cage, he has a lot of talent. Lots of people in Miami are excited about him. Ozzie pushed to get him signed, says "Believe me, he has a lot of talent"

The Blanco situation, is Ozzie worried for his family? It happens every day, but you hear about it more when it's a celebrity family. He tells them to be careful, prays, hopes for the best.

GoGoCrede
12-05-2008, 12:18 PM
That's about all he said, I gotta go to class. I hope everyone can understand what I wrote, I was writing it while he was talking.

Ozzie feels the fans will be happy, he likes what he has, they will compete in 2009. :bandance:

VeeckAsInWreck
12-05-2008, 12:20 PM
That's about it, I gotta go to class. I hope everyone can understand what I wrote, I was writing it while he was talking.

Ozzie feels the fans will be happy, he likes what he has, they will compete in 2009. :bandance:

Good job! I could tell that you and I were listening at about the same rate. I too was gonna recap but I saw you were doing that already.

Bucky F. Dent
12-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Crede!!!

GoGoCrede
12-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Good job! I could tell that you and I were listening at about the same rate. I too was gonna recap but I saw you were doing that already.

Thanks, Crede!!!

Thanks, glad to help (and glad to put off studying)!

spawn
12-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks, glad to help (and glad to put off studying)!
Nice work on the recap. :thumbsup:

esbrechtel
12-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Good recap...I like it...