PDA

View Full Version : DEBBIE DOES BOSTON

truebluefan
05-21-2002, 04:16 PM
DEBBIE AND JULIE ARE ON THE ROAD AGAIN.

Debbie and Julie, along with other members of their family and friends, are on a mission to visit all the MLB parks. They are loyal baseball fans, and SUPER SOX FANS.

In just a few years, in addition to working at least 1 full time job, they've paid for out of their pocket, and visited at least 14 MLB parks. Here are the ones I can recall:

Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves, Arizona Diamondbacks, Cleveland Indians, Cincinnati Reds, Detroit Tigers, Atlanta Braves, Minnesota Twins, Milwaukee Brewers, TampaBay Devil Rays, Texas Rangers, Toronto Blue Jays, and St. Louis Cardinals.

THEY DESERVE SOME RECOGNITION (and anything else people might want to give them).

YOU GO JULIE AND DEBBIE! :dinger

MarqSox
05-21-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by truebluefan
[B]
In just a few years, in addition to working at least 1 full time job, they've paid for out of their pocket, and visited at least 14 MLB parks. Here are the ones I can recall:

Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves, Arizona Diamondbacks, Cleveland Indians, Cincinnati Reds, Detroit Tigers, Atlanta Braves, Minnesota Twins, Milwaukee Brewers, TampaBay Devil Rays, Texas Rangers, Toronto Blue Jays, and St. Louis Cardinals.

THEY DESERVE SOME RECOGNITION

Whoopdy frickin doo. I've paid out of my own pocket to visit Comiskey, County, Miller, Wrigley, SkyDome, Jacobs, Fenway, Busch, Qualcomm, Olympic and Metrodome in the last 3 years. I guess I deserve some recognition too.

tampabaysoxfan
05-21-2002, 05:09 PM
I guess you frickin do too! Recognition to you, recognition to you, recognition to MarqSox, recognition to you!!!

truebluefan
05-21-2002, 05:34 PM
Hey MarqSox, would you like some cheese to go with your whine?

I was only trying to say how unfair it was last year when those 2 guys were paid to go to all those games, when loyal baseball fans like WHITESOX fans do it all the time. That made me sick!

There are probably more SOX fans at away games than those that follow any other team!

White Sox fans are the best! :fsock

Konerkofan
05-22-2002, 09:11 AM
Julie and Debbie should be paid to do what those clowns did last year... Welcome to WSI trueblue

foulkesfan11
05-22-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Whoopdy frickin doo. I've paid out of my own pocket to visit Comiskey, County, Miller, Wrigley, SkyDome, Jacobs, Fenway, Busch, Qualcomm, Olympic and Metrodome in the last 3 years. I guess I deserve some recognition too.

Well congrats to you. You didn't have to be a smart ass about it. Whoever trueblue fan is, THANK YOU for your nice words. I know it sucked that those 2 clowns on MLB's site got paid to do the whole stadium tour. Whoever else does this I applaud you.

I'll correct Trueblue fans' post though. I haven't been to Cincinnati, but in addition, I've also been to Both Milwaukee parks, Houston & Miami.

I had the idea of visiting all of the ballparks years ago, before any books were published about it & people started jumping on the bandwagon. AND I will keep going, and be proud of it.

tampabaysoxfan
05-22-2002, 08:08 PM
I applaud you too foulkesfan11. truebluefan hit the nail on the head (and should have hit MarqSox on the head). Keep going to the parks so you can see how great Comiskey is in comparison!

:angry:

foulkesfan11
05-23-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by tampabaysoxfan
I applaud you too foulkesfan11. truebluefan hit the nail on the head (and should have hit MarqSox on the head). Keep going to the parks so you can see how great Comiskey is in comparison!

:angry:

So far Comiskey has the best food, but as far as park atmosphere goes, I'd have to say the Ballpark at Arlington is #1.

Konerkofan
05-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Hey Julie- when ya gonna bite the bullet and go to wrigley??
Unfortunaltey, you gotta go there, you should go when the flubs are playing AZ, or Houston :smile: or St. Louis.
Going against the Sox is probably sold out

foulkesfan11
05-23-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Konerkofan
Hey Julie- when ya gonna bite the bullet and go to wrigley??
Unfortunaltey, you gotta go there, you should go when the flubs are playing AZ, or Houston :smile: or St. Louis.
Going against the Sox is probably sold out

I've actually been to the toilet bowl (aka Wrigley) a couple of times. I never took pictures though. My boyfriend has never been there & wants to see it, so I'll go this year. I say we bring a blow torch & Start the Ivy on fire! That would be a sight to see! Ha Ha Ha. No more balls getting stuck in the ivy. Just kidding. It would be funny though. We were thinking of going when they play the Texas Rangers so Debbie can see BD again. I'll be wearing my Rangers hat for sure.

steff
05-23-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11

So far Comiskey has the best food, but as far as park atmosphere goes, I'd have to say the Ballpark at Arlington is #1.

I'll agree with you on that one. Although, OPCY is pretty close as well.

BTW, here's my list since 1997: Comiskey (old one before that too obviously :-), Wrigley, St Louis, Milwaukee (both) Seattle (both) Oakland, Anaheim, Arizona, Colorado, Houston (both - new one sucks bad!!), Arlington, Tampa, Marlins, Atlanta, NY (both), Baltimore, Cleveland, Detroit (both), Minnesota, Boston (only for the All Star game though) and Toronto.

What's my prize... ? :D:

tampabaysoxfan
05-23-2002, 05:16 PM
You'll get your reward if you come to Tampa Bay in August. We'll have a party at the Vinoy and I'll buy you a drink! :gulp:

awesomefan
05-23-2002, 10:01 PM
I think any big fan of baseball would love to go to all the ballparks in the Major Leagues.

I know it's one of my biggest dreams to be able to afford to go to all the Major League Ballparks & see the White Sox play at as many of them as possible.

So far I've only been to 6 but plan to add many more ballparks soon.

tampabaysoxfan
05-23-2002, 10:15 PM
Let's get a party together for August when the Sox play in Tampa Bay. These fans here need to see how to cheer on their team. It's so dead at the Trop, no wonder they lose all the time! We could teach them how to be fans, watch the Sox KICK ASS, and party afterwards at the Vinoy bar, where I hear the players hang out afterwards. Who's game? :cool:

foulkesfan11
05-24-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by steff3603

I'll agree with you on that one. Although, OPCY is pretty close as well.

BTW, here's my list since 1997: Comiskey (old one before that too obviously :-), Wrigley, St Louis, Milwaukee (both) Seattle (both) Oakland, Anaheim, Arizona, Colorado, Houston (both - new one sucks bad!!), Arlington, Tampa, Marlins, Atlanta, NY (both), Baltimore, Cleveland, Detroit (both), Minnesota, Boston (only for the All Star game though) and Toronto.

What's my prize... ? :D:

Unfortunately, no prize. But that's great! I also agree that the new Houston stadium was bad. It looked more like a basketball arena than a baseball park. I'd like to do all of the Cali parks on one trip, but that's going to cost lots of money. One day soon, I hope.

foulkesfan11
05-24-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by tampabaysoxfan
Let's get a party together for August when the Sox play in Tampa Bay. :cool:

Sounds like fun!