PDA

View Full Version : So I'm listening to some music when....

WhiteSoxFan84
12-03-2008, 01:42 PM
"Boom" by P.O.D. (Bobby Jenks' entrance) comes on and I suddenly feel how much I miss baseball already! It also made me realize how big of a fan I am of one big, bad, Bobby Jinx! Kenny can't trade this guy. I know I said the opposite before, but this guy will always be remembered as the fat guy who helped us win a World Series and the guy who grew up right before our eyes and became a very reliable closer because of our staff and in our organization.

All that being said, I needs me some baseball!

WILL PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT ALREADY?!? :redneck

hi im skot
12-03-2008, 01:45 PM
"Boom" by P.O.D. (Bobby Jenks' entrance) comes on and I suddenly feel how much I miss baseball already! It also made me realize how big of a fan I am of one big, bad, Bobby Jinx! Kenny can't trade this guy. I know I said the opposite before, but this guy will always be remembered as the fat guy who helped us win a World Series and the guy who grew up right before our eyes and became a very reliable closer because of our staff and in our organization.

He's not that fat.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-03-2008, 01:47 PM
He's not that fat.

he always will be in my eyes. it's a term of endearment when it comes from me. a unique characteristic that only he has. when/if i call guys like cc sabathia or eric gagne fat, it's not a good thing. bobby on the other hand, i mean no harm. just love. man love.

I want Mags back
12-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Whenever "Thunderstruck" would be played at IU football games, I'd get pissed that I'm hearing this song to get the crappy memorial stadium crowd into this 3rd down that our defense won't stop, and that I'm not at the Cell getting ready to see our boys take the field.

soxinem1
12-03-2008, 02:01 PM
"Boom" by P.O.D. (Bobby Jenks' entrance) comes on and I suddenly feel how much I miss baseball already! It also made me realize how big of a fan I am of one big, bad, Bobby Jinx! Kenny can't trade this guy.

If you love him so much, why are you calling him a jinx??:?:

WhiteSoxFan84
12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
If you love him so much, why are you calling him a jinx??:?:

wow.... do you watch white sox baseball on tv? :scratch:
hawk and dj for some reason pronounce his last name "Jinx". I guess they can't say "Jenks" for some reason.

PennStater98r
12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
he always will be in my eyes. it's a term of endearment when it comes from me. a unique characteristic that only he has. when/if i call guys like cc sabathia or eric gagne fat, it's not a good thing. bobby on the other hand, i mean no harm. just love. man love.

Do you like gladiator movies Billy? Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

SoxGirl4Life
12-03-2008, 02:27 PM

I miss baseball alot too. I've been hypnotized just soaking in all the baseball news around this Vazquez trade and then slammed back into reality when I think that its still a good 3 months til the first spring training game.

cbrownson13
12-03-2008, 02:28 PM
He's not that fat.

No, but he is quite PHAT.

soxinem1
12-03-2008, 04:01 PM
wow.... do you watch white sox baseball on tv? :scratch:
hawk and dj for some reason pronounce his last name "Jinx". I guess they can't say "Jenks" for some reason.

Try quoting it next time then. :scratch: It looks like you called him a fat Jinx.

chisoxfanatic
12-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Whenever "Thunderstruck" would be played at IU football games, I'd get pissed that I'm hearing this song to get the crappy memorial stadium crowd into this 3rd down that our defense won't stop, and that I'm not at the Cell getting ready to see our boys take the field.
I heard Thunderstruck when I was at the Blackhawks' game in Toronto a couple weekends ago, and I closed my eyes and pictured Ozzie and the guys being announced...LOL! When I'm cold during the winter, I try to play songs like that, as well as watch my World Series DVD, to try to trick myself into thinking it's actually summertime. I love Blackhawk hockey and Bears football; but, everything else about winter blows!

doublem23
12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
The question no one here is asking... Why were you voluntarily listening to POD?

:scratch:

Jerome
12-03-2008, 04:52 PM
The question no one here is asking... Why were you voluntarily listening to POD?

lol

stadium music is really lame

soltrain21
12-03-2008, 04:55 PM

I'm glad you said it. I didn't want to get jumped upon for saying that is an awful song.

hi im skot
12-03-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm glad you said it. I didn't want to get jumped upon for saying that is an awful song.

The only time I enjoy hearing it is in the ballpark.

I'm still hoping a ballplayer chooses Animal Collective or Guided by Voices for their at-bat music.

soltrain21
12-03-2008, 05:02 PM
The only time I enjoy hearing it is in the ballpark.

I'm still hoping a ballplayer chooses Animal Collective or Guided by Voices for their at-bat music.

I'd come up to "Atlas" by Battles, myself.

MisterB
12-03-2008, 05:30 PM
He's not that fat.

http://www.capitolannex.com/IMAGES1/eric_cartman.jpg
"Yeah, he's just big-boned!"

WhiteSoxFan84
12-03-2008, 11:08 PM

lol i was listening to the "linkin park station" on pandora and it came on while i was studying for my business stats exam.
i dont mind pod at all. we'll agree to disagree.

guillensdisciple
12-03-2008, 11:14 PM
i would probably have some Tiesto/ Armin Van Buuren bumping when I come up to bat.... highly doubt any people have techno/ trance play when they go up to bat so that might be out of place.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-03-2008, 11:15 PM
i would probably have some Tiesto/ Armin Van Buuren bumping when I come up to bat.... highly doubt any people have techno/ trance play when they go up to bat so that might be out of place.

i dont care if you're kidding or not, tiesto is the goods.
met the guy once downtown at spybar. or was it goodbar? or ybar? or something that ends with bar? it's the one that's like in a basement. im not huge on clubs so i have no idea lol

if i were to choose a song to come out to? probably "talk (radio edit)" by coldplay. there is one part in the song where they totaly flip out.

guillensdisciple
12-03-2008, 11:22 PM
i dont care if you're kidding or not, tiesto is the goods.
met the guy once downtown at spybar. or was it goodbar? or ybar? or something that ends with bar? it's the one that's like in a basement. im not huge on clubs so i have no idea lol

if i were to choose a song to come out to? probably "talk (radio edit)" by coldplay. there is one part in the song where they totaly flip out.

Wait, you met Tiesto, at a ****ing club? Was he performing, or was this just casual? Him and Armin Van Buuren are my two inspirations to making Trance music, and you might be thinking sound bar. sky bar.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Wait, you met Tiesto, at a ****ing club? Was he performing, or was this just casual? Him and Armin Van Buuren are my two inspirations to making Trance music, and you might be thinking sound bar. sky bar.

yeh. he did a one night gig for the owner of... i couldve swore it was spybar?, as a favor. they knew each other. the club owner's gf is a friend of a friends and she called us and told us to swing on by.
very cool guy. but some other dude was with him and that guy was even cooler.

Jerome
12-04-2008, 01:11 AM
cool, some WSIers like trance

don't really care for Armin and Tiesto anymore but I used to be huge fans

My entrance song would either be some awesome 80s song or some oldschool acid house song like Armando - 151

guillensdisciple
12-04-2008, 01:17 AM
cool, some WSIers like trance

don't really care for Armin and Tiesto anymore but I used to be huge fans

My entrance song would either be some awesome 80s song or some oldschool acid house song like Armando - 151

Your profile sais you are a dj, how long have you been making music? Does your genre include trance/ house specifically? I just started getting into all that, trying out some computer apps and making some beats on that. If you do make trance/ house how much have you spent on equipment?

I don't listen to much besides trance, but since the major leagues don't really have trance as an intro, I would probably have Indestructible by Disturbed.

And Bobby Jenks is the man, he has some stones, and we have seen him grow as a closer for the Sox. I really hope he retires in a Sox uniform and leaves a hallf of famer.

Konerko05
12-04-2008, 01:19 AM
lol i was listening to the "linkin park station" on pandora and it came on while i was studying for my business stats exam.
i dont mind pod at all. we'll agree to disagree.

Ok, so the new question no one here is asking... Why were you voluntarily listening to a "Linkin Park station"?

guillensdisciple
12-04-2008, 01:21 AM
Ok, so the new question no one here is asking... Why were you voluntarily listening to a "Linkin Park station"?

Linkin Park is amazing, set the tone for alternative music in the 21st century. I was a teen when they came out and I remember that every sone on both Hybrid Theory and Meteora was amazing. Find a band or a person that has every song on their album be a hit, and you have found gold.

LP is gold.

Konerko05
12-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Linkin Park is amazing, set the tone for alternative music in the 21st century. I was a teen when they came out and I remember that every sone on both Hybrid Theory and Meteora was amazing. Find a band or a person that has every song on their album be a hit, and you have found gold.

LP is gold.

Linkin Park didn't set the tone for anything.

Hybrid Theory was a decent album. They have fallen hard from decent since.

They may be a record labels dream, but I find them rather bland.

We'll just accept the fact that everyone perceives music differently.

guillensdisciple
12-04-2008, 01:52 AM

Agreed, music is kind of like religion, you can't argue it, no one will ever win.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-04-2008, 02:26 AM

eh, i think your bias is blinding you.
linkin park is still a very powerful force. hell, they were a tipping point.
listen to "remember the name" by fort minor and "leave out all the rest" by lp and then tell me they're "rather bland". and the fort minor track is with mike shinoda who is from lp.

hi im skot
12-04-2008, 08:23 AM

LP is gold.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/specials/sma07/fan/jay_z.jpg

"Word."

soltrain21
12-04-2008, 08:39 AM

LP is gold.

Korn says hello for "setting the tone" of music that thankfully faded when the Family Values Tour went away.

I did it all for the Nookie...CMON!

hi im skot
12-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Korn says hello for "setting the tone" of music that thankfully faded when the Family Values Tour went away.

I did it all for the Nookie...CMON!

Plus, is "setting the tone for 21st century alternative rock" really something to brag about? What passes for "alternative" (which is a completely stupid label to begin with) today is a complete joke.

"I HATE MY PARENTS! GIRLS ARE MEAN! POWER CHORDS! WHITE GUY RAP BREAKDOWN!"

But hey, what do I know? I like Steely Dan...

Oh, and thread officially hijacked.

ChiSoxFan81
12-04-2008, 09:54 AM

As long as this thread has gone this far off topic, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

IMO, Linkin Park is great. I remember hearing Hybrid Theory before it was even released (my friend got a bootleg copy). We just sat and listened to the whole thing and were amazed. Meteora was good as well, but a bit of a sophmore slump. When MTM came out, I was a bit shocked at the mellowed tone, but it grew on me, and now I think it's a great album. I didn't find them to translate well to live perfomances though. But that's my opinion.

At any rate, whether you like LP or not, you cannot discount their success and impact. You may not like Elvis or Nirvana, but you can't discount their impact either.

hi im skot
12-04-2008, 10:11 AM
At any rate, whether you like LP or not, you cannot discount their success and impact. You may not like Elvis or Nirvana, but you can't discount their impact either.

You know who else was successful within the past 20 years? Stryper. Savage Garden. Nelson. Limp Bizkit. Warrant.

Linkin Park is a very successful band, and they even seem like pretty decent dudes. But I'd be surprised if they're remembered as innovators 15 years down the road...

doublem23
12-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Linkin Park is a very successful band, and they even seem like pretty decent dudes. But I'd be surprised if they're remembered as innovators 15 years down the road...

Yeah, I like Linkin Park, I own their first 3 albums, and I'll listen to them, but they're nothing groundbreaking. I mean, 311 was mainstream playing THE EXACT SAME STYLE OF MUSIC what? 10 years before LP?

gaelhound
12-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I am a Notre Dame football fan. Baseball can't open soon enough!

TheOldRoman
12-04-2008, 10:57 PM
On a similar note, yesterday while I was reading through posts about people claiming the Sox were rebuilding and going cheap... what comes on the radio? Megadeth's song "Hangar18". It blew my mind.

Rudy Law
12-06-2008, 01:15 PM

Im sorry to hear you listen to P.O.D........:scratch:

Zisk77
12-06-2008, 06:01 PM
To further derail this thread, my walk up music would be Kashmir by Led Zeppelin...checkmate :redneck