PDA

View Full Version : Last two All-Star reserves will be chosen by Internet vote

Unregistered
05-21-2002, 03:47 PM
Last two reserves will be chosen by Internet vote
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW YORK -- Fans will be able to vote on the Internet for the final two All-Star reserves after the rest of the teams are selected.

The commissioner's office will announce on June 30 the eight position players elected in fan voting to start for each team, plus the 21 pitchers and reserves for both the American and National league teams.

NL manager Bob Brenly and AL manager Joe Torre will work with the commissioner's office to develop a list of five additional non-pitchers for each league. Fans will have two days to vote at www.mlb.com, and the winner in each league will become an All-Star.

The game is scheduled for July 9 in Milwaukee.

I'll put money on 2 of the 5 being white sox players, considering the legion of Yankee reserves Torre will insist on making All Stars...

MarqSox
05-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Just what we need, even more players being chosen by the clueless masses. Let the players choose the players like in the NFL.

FarmerAndy
05-21-2002, 03:58 PM
Don't the fans already vote for the starting position players? This is silly. Maybe Bud thinks he's scoring brownie points with the fans by doing this. If so, he's dumber than I thought.

MattSharp
05-21-2002, 04:05 PM
I was just looking....realistically the Yankees should have 3-4 All-Stars.

Giambi has an arguement to be a starter, if not a reserve. Soriano and Posada are the best offense players at their positions and prolly should both start. Robin Ventura has a convincing case as a reserve 3B, but that is where it should end. ARod has more than earned his spot as a starter at SS and the only SS should not be Jeter......

baggio202
05-21-2002, 05:02 PM
i guess this means dan wilson and carlos guillen will get to go as millions of asians vote in ichiro's buddies

Jerry_Manuel
05-21-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
i guess this means dan wilson and carlos guillen will get to go as millions of asians vote in ichiro's buddies

What they should do is have each manager list 10 possible players, and have the fans vote, and the top 2 vote getters would go to the ASG.

Chisox_cali
05-21-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

God don't even bring up the debacle!! :angry: Man if Cal didnt announce his retirement David Bell would have started at 3rd. DAVID FREAKIN BELL!!! I remember Jim Rome going off on that last year, saying that would be a joke if he got elected at 3rd.