PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Pedroia signs extension....

btrain929
12-03-2008, 11:42 AM
6-year deal around 40 million.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8886182/Sources:-Red-Sox-ink-MVP-Pedroia-to-extension?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

A little more than 6.5 million per year for a Gold Glove winner and MVP? That's good business. Hopefully we'll be doing the same with Danks, Quentin, and Alexei down the road after another year or two of dominance.

palehozenychicty
12-03-2008, 01:54 PM
It is a solid deal. I'm not a Sawx fanboy by any means, but this guy is a good player. I'd love to have him play for us. And he will, when he's 37. :D:

thomas35forever
12-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Good deal. The man is definitely the future of the Boston franchise. They'd have been stupid not to give it to him.

SOXSINCE'70
12-03-2008, 08:42 PM
A very smart move by Theo Epstein.
The sad part: Pedroia is going to be a
White Sox killer for a long,long,time.

MHOUSE
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
A steal for Boston, but what is Pedroia thinking? He's won the ROY and now the MVP so he gives away 2 years of free agency for what he could have made in 3 years of arbitration alone? I understand the security of a long-term deal, I do, but these young players like Longoria, Braun, and now Pedroia signing long long deals before they're even close to free agency aren't doing themselves any favors with the bottom line.

oeo
12-04-2008, 01:33 AM
He just won an MVP; he's getting ripped off.

A steal for Boston, but what is Pedroia thinking? He's won the ROY and now the MVP so he gives away 2 years of free agency for what he could have made in 3 years of arbitration alone? I understand the security of a long-term deal, I do, but these young players like Longoria, Braun, and now Pedroia signing long long deals before they're even close to free agency aren't doing themselves any favors with the bottom line.

Longoria and Braun are different cases. You have to look at it, that they're young and anything can happen...take the guaranteed money now. Put yourself in their shoes. You're in your lower 20's and getting offered millions of dollars...you would turn it down?

Pedroia could get a hell of a lot more than he's going to get right now.

Konerko05
12-04-2008, 02:03 AM
That is an extremely good deal for the Red Sox.

tstrike2000
12-05-2008, 11:00 PM
That is an extremely good deal for the Red Sox.

Yeah, considering they spent $51 mill just to talk to Matsuzaka.