PDA

View Full Version : MLB Network

Rockabilly
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know if comcast will have this station... I guess it will be a lot like the NFL network...

I heard Dan Pleasac is leaving comcast sports for the MLB Network...

Anyone else know who will be on the station

chisoxmike
12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
What exactly is it? Just like a station for all baseball news?

There isn't that much info on it out there.

Rockabilly
12-02-2008, 03:21 PM
What exactly is it? Just like a station for all baseball news?

There isn't that much info on it out there.

I know they will be doing the WBC games, Games of the week and things sorta like baseball tonight..

Harold Reyonlds will also be part of the network

http://mlb.mlb.com/network/index.jsp

Corlose 15
12-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Is this going to be another one of those stations that has absolutely nothing worth watching on during the off season of the sport it covers?

eriqjaffe
12-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Is this going to be another one of those stations that has absolutely nothing worth watching on during the off season of the sport it covers?...and probably not much worth watching in season, either.

doublem23
12-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know if comcast will have this station... I guess it will be a lot like the NFL network...

I heard Dan Pleasac is leaving comcast sports for the MLB Network...

Anyone else know who will be on the station

It should be available. Comcast along with some other major cable/satellite TV players (Cox, TW, DirecTV) are all minority owners, so they have incentive for it to succeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_Network

itsnotrequired
12-02-2008, 04:14 PM
in my latest comcast bill, it clearly states it will be on comcast come january. channel 271, i believe.

VenturaFan23
12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
...and probably not much worth watching in season, either.

I can already bet that their highlight show will be much better than the crap they give us at espn. With the exception of a few baseball and Monday night football games, once this station takes air there will be absolutely no reason to watch espn ever again since there's already NFL and NHL network too. Can't wait.

SoxGirl4Life
12-02-2008, 04:46 PM
It should be available. Comcast along with some other major cable/satellite TV players (Cox, TW, DirecTV) are all minority owners, so they have incentive for it to succeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_Network

Damn, I need it on Dish Network. I already have a running feud with them about not being able to get an MLB package.

areilly
12-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Damn, I need it on Dish Network. I already have a running fued with them about not being able to get an MLB package.

Same here, minus the feud. We get NFL network though, so maybe MLB will follow suit.

soxrepublican
12-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Damn, I need it on Dish Network. I already have a running fued with them about not being able to get an MLB package.

Yes, I wont get it B/C I have Dish Network. It sucks. I am still pissed that we cant get Fox Busness Network. I loooove Neil Cavito. Smart and Funny!

Milw
12-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Anybody know if MLBN will be carried by AT&T Uverse?

BleacherBandit
12-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Anybody know if MLBN will be carried by AT&T Uverse?

My family is switching over to AT&T next spring. How do you watch CSN if your not suscribed to Comcast?

whitesox901
12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I cant wait for it, I just hope its on Dish Network, anyone know if its to come to Dish Network?

soxfan21
12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
I just hope directv carries it in HD. That would be sweet!

Milw
12-02-2008, 07:14 PM
My family is switching over to AT&T next spring. How do you watch CSN if your not suscribed to Comcast?
Uverse carries CSN. In fact, there is even a designated permanent channel for CSN+, which is something Comcast doesn't even have.

esbrechtel
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Directv did that as well and I am so happy about it...no more going on to a website and trying to find that station....

Taliesinrk
12-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Unfortunately, Dish Network will not carry MLBTV. In order to get MLBTV, the provider has to carry Extra Innings... Dish Network passed.

whitesox901
12-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Unfortunately, Dish Network will not carry MLBTV. In order to get MLBTV, the provider has to carry Extra Innings... Dish Network passed.

NOOOOOOOO!! :angry:

soxfan21
12-03-2008, 02:41 PM
So for those of u that have directv, do u know if MLB network will be free like NFL network, or will we have to pay extra for it like NHL network?

PKalltheway
12-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Ooooh, less than a month away. I can't wait!:bandance::bandance:
I know since Time Warner carries Extra Innings, we'll get the MLB Network. I'm only wondering whether or not it will be on their basic cable tier, or if it will be on their digital tier?

Medford Bobby
12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Damn, I need it on Dish Network. I already have a running feud with them about not being able to get an MLB package.

I'm with you lady, I hope Dish gets pressure from Congress due to anti-trust and just because Dish does not have MLB xtra innings contract means Direct and cable should not have exclusivity to this channel just because they do.....:angry:

whitesox901
12-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm with you lady, I hope Dish gets pressure from Congress due to anti-trust and just because Dish does not have MLB xtra innings contract means Direct and cable should not have exclusivity to this channel just because they do.....:angry:

I have dish network as well, but on their site undersports, they have MLB extra innings...but it says 2007 season...so im not sure if that still stands

WhiteSoxFan84
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
wow.... dish network SUCKS.
no nfl package.
no mlb package.
but yayyyy, we have the nhl center ice and nba league pass packages!!
HORRIBLE!
as soon as my contract ends, im off to directv.

VenturaFan23
12-04-2008, 06:00 AM
So for those of u that have directv, do u know if MLB network will be free like NFL network, or will we have to pay extra for it like NHL network?

I would hope so. I get both NFL and NHL in my package I have, so I'm hoping it just appears Jan 1 with no extra charge.

wow.... dish network SUCKS.
no nfl package.
no mlb package.
but yayyyy, we have the nhl center ice and nba league pass packages!!
HORRIBLE!
as soon as my contract ends, im off to directv.

It will be the best move you ever made. Trust me.

Extra Innings rules. :gulp:

Viva Medias B's
12-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Will WOW carry MLBN?

bigsoxfan420
12-04-2008, 08:13 AM
I hope RCN will. We already have NFLN, NFLN and CSTV; along with CSN and BIGTEN, ESPN will be obsolete!

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

illini81887
12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
(source: The Sports Business Journal)

WILL CARRY

ATMC
Blue Ridge Communications (Pencor Svc)
Bresnan Comm.
Bright House
Buckeye Cablevision Inc. (owner: Block Communications Inc., a.k.a. Toledo Blade)
Burlington Telecom
Cablevision
CATV Service Inc.
CCS Inc.
Charter Communications
Comcast
CoMPAS
Cox
Davidson Cable TV Company
DirecTV
EATEL
Home Town Cable TV, LLC
Horry Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (HTC)
Jackson Energy Authority
Massillon Cable
MetroCast
MidContinent
Mid-Hudson Cablevision, Inc.
Monmouth Independence Networks (MINET)
OpenBand Multimedia
Patriot Media
Phonoscope
Qwest Broadband Services, Inc.
RCN
SELCO (Shrewsbury)
Service Electric Cable TV and Comm. Inc
Service Electric Cable TV of NJ
Service Electric Cablevision, Inc
Southern Coastal Cable Communications, LLC
Verzion FIOS
Time Warner Cable
Zito Media, L.P.

NOT CARRYING

Adams CATV
Antietam Cable
Armstrong
Atlantic Broadband Finance, LLC
Baja Broadband (formerly Orange Broadband)
Braintree Electric Light (BELD)
Bristol Virginia Utilities
Buford Cable
Cable Co-Op Inc.
Cable One
Columbia Power and Water
Dalton Utilities
EchoStar-DISH Network
EnTouch Systems
Everest Connections
Full Channel TV
Grande Communications
Insight
Knology
Marco Cable (Great Lakes DSB)
Mediacom
New Wave Communications
NCTC
Suddenlink Communications
Vision
Vista Media
Wave Broadband (formerly Starstream Comm)
WOW

SoxGirl4Life
12-04-2008, 12:52 PM
I have dish network as well, but on their site undersports, they have MLB extra innings...but it says 2007 season...so im not sure if that still stands

Nope. That's where my feud with them comes in. My hands are tied as far as switching--long story.

I might have to get comcast in addition to Dish. How crazy is that? :angry:

twsoxfan5
12-04-2008, 01:06 PM

I have both NFL & NHL Networks and I am not charged for either one and they both come in HD so I bet MLB network will be free and in HD on DirecTV. By the way for those who like NHL the NHL on the Fly show is great. I have no need for Sportscenter anymore and I love it.

Milw
12-04-2008, 11:39 PM
(source: The Sports Business Journal)

WILL CARRY...

What about AT&T Uverse!? Ahhh! :(:

chisoxfanatic
12-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Is this going to be another one of those stations that has absolutely nothing worth watching on during the off season of the sport it covers?
The NHL Network has plenty of stuff worth watching during the summer.
I'd hope it would be added to our packages without an extra charge. I have the Choice Extra package (2nd highest tier) on DirecTV. Even then, I would've had to pay for the NHL Network if I weren't a Center Ice subscriber. I, however, do get the NFL Network for no extra charge.
By the way for those who like NHL the NHL on the Fly show is great.
The greatest night sports show...period!

whitesox901
12-05-2008, 12:12 AM
What I dont understand is though, I have Direct TV, but I have the $4.99 a month sports package that gives me all the sports channels (the Comcasts, FSN's, ect) and I can watch all the shows, but the games are blocked out exept for the Blue Jackets :puking::puking::puking:, Calvs, Pacers, Reds and Indians. So if i'm able to get Reds & Indians, is there any hope direct can pick up MLB Extra innings?

WhiteSoxFan84
12-05-2008, 01:02 AM
What I dont understand is though, I have Direct TV, but I have the $4.99 a month sports package that gives me all the sports channels (the Comcasts, FSN's, ect) and I can watch all the shows, but the games are blocked out exept for the Blue Jackets :puking::puking::puking:, Calvs, Pacers, Reds and Indians. So if i'm able to get Reds & Indians, is there any hope direct can pick up MLB Extra innings?

thats the local package only. i thought the same way you did originally. but then i kept reading and it said i would only get the local games.

i might just get the mlb tv shindig on-line and watch the games on my new laptop which is ssssweeeet.

whitesox901
12-05-2008, 01:23 AM
thats the local package only. i thought the same way you did originally. but then i kept reading and it said i would only get the local games.

i might just get the mlb tv shindig on-line and watch the games on my new laptop which is ssssweeeet.

MLB.TV is really great, I had is last season, since I cant get the extra innings, im more than likely going to renew the subscription

DaveFeelsRight
12-05-2008, 06:29 AM
i cant wait for this. i just hope it isnt yankees, red sox...etc talk all the time

hsnterprize
12-05-2008, 06:37 AM
I figured DirecTV would carry MLB Network without much of a problem. That's one of the reasons why I ditched Con(m)cast and went to the satellite. I also plan on upgrading to HD when I get my new HD TV next spring. Yeah...it'll be more of a "hassle" to upgrade compared to Con(m)cast, but it'll be worth it in my opinion.

Can't wait to start watching. NFL Network, NBA TV, and NHL Network, are pretty neat. So is Fox Soccer Channel and GolTV. I don't particularly care for the college sports networks (i.e., ESPNU and CBS College Sports) unless they're showing baseball or hockey games.

itsnotrequired
12-05-2008, 08:33 AM
i cant wait for this. i just hope it isnt yankees, red sox...etc talk all the time

if it is anything like mlb radio, it won't be. i used to listen to their podcasts and they covered all teams fairly evenly. the larger markets understandably got more attention but not a gross amount. they had all kind sof cool interviews with former players, coaches, front-office types, etc.

i miss that podcast.:(:

doublem23
12-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of Cubs talk, too, because everyone LOVES THE CUBBIES

Rockabilly
12-05-2008, 02:37 PM
For Comcast, it starts as a free preview on Channel 410 on 18 Dec... Its goes pay on Jan 1st... Its a part of the digital classics package...

illini81887
12-05-2008, 03:12 PM
What about AT&T Uverse!? Ahhh! :(:
From what I read they would pick up MLB Extra Innings which would be needed to get MLB Network. But nothing confirmed

itsnotrequired
12-22-2008, 12:16 PM
the station soft-launched last week and they are airing a bunch of programs. yesterday was pretty much all boston but they are playing the 2005 ws movie for the second time already today. i'm sure it will be on again later tonight.

WhiteSoxJunkie
12-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Comcast will carry it. There are ads for it on the guide with the digital package. I assume it will only be available to those with the sports package.

itsnotrequired
12-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Comcast will carry it. There are ads for it on the guide with the digital package. I assume it will only be available to those with the sports package.

you can watch it right now. they are showing some "baseball's greatest moments" thingy.

Domeshot17
12-22-2008, 06:15 PM
I would just like to point out:

Rockabilly started this thread. Obviously, his inside sources have tipped him off that their would be an MLB Network. So give him credit for another rumor he broke first!

WSI's own version of Bruce Levine strikes again!!!!!

DSpivack
12-22-2008, 06:18 PM
you can watch it right now. they are showing some "baseball's greatest moments" thingy.

I don't get it, or at least, can't find it. Although I only have the 'basic' digital package.

SouthSideLove
12-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Honestly, you're better off getting the package that MLB.com offers, rather than upgrading your service for another $7.99 a month. Comcast has a way of really sticking it to people, so save your money and stick it to the man.

btrain929
12-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Honestly, you're better off getting the package that MLB.com offers, rather than upgrading your service for another $7.99 a month. Comcast has a way of really sticking it to people, so save your money and stick it to the man.

So if you just have basic cable with HD channels, it'll cost you an extra 7.99/month for the MLB channel? Can you just buy that 1 channel, or does it come along with a specific sports package? Cuz I personally couldn't care less about NFL, NBA, etc channels.

Domeshot17
12-22-2008, 08:56 PM
is Directv part of the preview?

soxfan21
12-22-2008, 09:04 PM
is Directv part of the preview?

No, at least I haven't seen it on directv yet, and don't expect to see it until the new year.

itsnotrequired
12-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't get it, or at least, can't find it. Although I only have the 'basic' digital package.

i'm in wausau, wi right now watching it on charter cable.

keep it real, home fries!

:rolleyes: