PDA

View Full Version : MiLB's Top 50 prospects

Sockinchisox
12-02-2008, 11:09 AM
It's only up to 31 right now.

No Sox players yet.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/minorleagues/prospects/y2009/profile.jsp?t=p_top&pid=502188

DirtySox
12-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I expected Beckham to be somewhere between 35 - 50 but he hasn't been.

Is it really possible for him to crack the top 20?

SoxNation05
12-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I expected Beckham to be somewhere between 35 - 50 but he hasn't been.

Is it really possible for him to crack the top 20?
There's no way he would be ahead of Tim Beckham.

White City
12-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Buster Posey ahead of Tim Beckham? Maybe.

sox1970
12-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Buster Posey ahead of Tim Beckham? Maybe.

Posey's video said he's the highest ranked college position player from the 2008 darft, therefore Gordon is not on their top 50 list.

btrain929
12-04-2008, 11:13 AM
He must have just missed the cut and he's around 50-60. I find it hard to believe he's in the Top 10, and ranked higher than guys like Matt LaPorta, Buster Posey, Tommy Hanson, Andrew McClutchen, and Dexter Fowler.

chaerulez
12-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I think since it's MiLB's site they take into account a lot into what your minor league career has been. The picks of 2008 haven't had much MiLB experience.

Edit: After looking at the list though is this MiLB's list? It's linked to MLB. I don't know, but now it mighit not surprise me if Gordon Beckham is in the top 10.

btrain929
12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I think since it's MiLB's site they take into account a lot into what your minor league career has been. The picks of 2008 haven't had much MiLB experience.

But there are plenty of guys on there from the top of the 2008 draft: Tim Beckham, Buster Posey, Brian Matusz, Yonder Alonso, Eric Hosmer. That's 5 of the 7 guys drafted before Beckham, so that doesn't play TOO much of a role.

doublem23
12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Hopefully this will help temper that insane "Beckham will be starting in 2009" talk around here.

sox1970
12-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Hopefully this will help temper that insane "Beckham will be starting in 2009" talk around here.

I'm sticking with he'll be up sometime in 09, and starting opening day, 2010.

oeo
12-04-2008, 12:18 PM

Not really. Beckham has a huge start to 2009 and he hops into the Top 20-30.

btrain929
12-04-2008, 12:35 PM

Well realistically you can say that about anyone ranked 50-70.

oeo
12-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Well realistically you can say that about anyone ranked 50-70.

Of course. My point was, these things can change quite a bit from year to year...or even month to month.

NLaloosh
12-05-2008, 11:24 AM

He should be rookie of the year in the A.L. in 2009, if not the MVP.

doublem23
12-05-2008, 12:00 PM

Yeah, but I think there are people who actually believe that Beckham will be the Opening Day starting second baseman for the Sox next year, based on the 63 PA's he had in Kannapolis and 74 in the AFL.

sox1970
12-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah, but I think there are people who actually believe that Beckham will be the Opening Day starting second baseman for the Sox next year, based on the 63 PA's he had in Kannapolis and 74 in the AFL.

I'm not saying it hasn't been posted, but I don't recall anyone proposing that Beckham should go right to the bigs out of spring training. If he has a huge year at AA, and the Sox are in a position to bring him up in September, I think they will. Then they'll have to make a decision about him for 2010.

pythons007
12-05-2008, 12:28 PM
The Rangers, Orioles, Rays, and surprisingly the Royals, have a lot good prospects (by these rankings anyways). Some of those top 50 prospects are names I remember hearing about, but most of them I haven't heard a thing about. However, I don't follow the minor league system as I do the major leagues.

SoxNation05
12-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Rick Porcello is number 4?!?!?!?!?
God damn Scott Boras!

1,000 post

guillensdisciple
12-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Anybody know what happened to Nick Lemon? I read somewhere that he threw it 96 and hit 99 during the season. Has he completely disappeared from baseball?

EMachine10
12-06-2008, 09:40 AM
By quickly glancing at that list, our Beckham should have cracked the top 50. A few people from this years draft were included, but in my opinion, Beckham has just as much upside and potential and produced more in a small sample size than some of these guys. Obviously, Posey belongs there, and Brett Wallace had a great debut - I thought he should have been higher. But while Hosmer and Alonso will be great players, I'm not sure why they what made them so much better than Beckham. Hosmer played 3 games. Is there that much of a difference in potential between beckham and Hosmer? I know that the rankings are based off of performance and potential, but I think Beckham got jobbed a little. Not that this list even means anything. Just some early morning ranting :smile:

champagne030
12-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Anybody know what happened to Nick Lemon? I read somewhere that he threw it 96 and hit 99 during the season. Has he completely disappeared from baseball?

Maybe back in 2005. He quit baseball in 2006.

jabrch
12-06-2008, 10:53 AM
These prospect rankings when you look at guys who haven't even played a full season, are as relevant as ESPN's Power Rankings.

Beckham has tremendous upside. Top 10? Top 30? Top 50? Top 100? Who cares?

champagne030
12-06-2008, 12:31 PM
These prospect rankings when you look at guys who haven't even played a full season, are as relevant as ESPN's Power Rankings.

Beckham has tremendous upside. Top 10? Top 30? Top 50? Top 100? Who cares?

However, if a Sox player were to be there, then it's most excellent.

:Jabrch:

California Sox
12-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Rick Porcello is number 4?!?!?!?!?
God damn Scott Boras!

1,000 post

I was a Porcello advocate, and still believe in him, but no way in hell is he the #4 prospect in the minors. The upside is just not there. He'll be a solid major leaguer, but it's unlikely he'll be a breakout #1 starter. A scout in a Baseball America podcast compared him to Jon Garland.

There are a lot of names in weird places on this list. I put zero stock in this list.

EMachine10
12-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I was a Porcello advocate, and still believe in him, but no way in hell is he the #4 prospect in the minors. The upside is just not there. He'll be a solid major leaguer, but it's unlikely he'll be a breakout #1 starter. A scout in a Baseball America podcast compared him to Jon Garland.

There are a lot of names in weird places on this list. I put zero stock in this list.
I'll wait until I see BA's list.

Domeshot17
12-06-2008, 01:58 PM
This is stomach turning for me

In one sense, we are debating if our best pitching prospect will ever be a starter in one thread, and in another, the guy we passed on, the guy I eat crap for saying we should have taken over Poreda, is ranked number 4 in all over baseball. I know these rankings don't mean a ton, but say the JD deal goes through, and we get Homer Bailey, and say for fun Coop gets him back to form. Porcello-Danks-Floyd-Bailey could be the closest thing baseball will ever see to Smoltz-Glavine-Maddux-Avery. 4 top flight, young, pitching prospects. 4 pitching prospects that at one point were all thought to be future cy young winners.

Poreda isn't bad, but its choices like this, CHEAP CHOICES and a refusal to work with Boras, that keep us from having a top 15 minor league system (not the fact we don't always get top 10 picks).

SoxNation05
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM

In one sense, we are debating if our best pitching prospect will ever be a starter in one thread, and in another, the guy we passed on, the guy I eat crap for saying we should have taken over Poreda, is ranked number 4 in all over baseball. I know these rankings don't mean a ton, but say the JD deal goes through, and we get Homer Bailey, and say for fun Coop gets him back to form. Porcello-Danks-Floyd-Bailey could be the closest thing baseball will ever see to Smoltz-Glavine-Maddux-Avery. 4 top flight, young, pitching prospects. 4 pitching prospects that at one point were all thought to be future cy young winners.

Poreda isn't bad, but its choices like this, CHEAP CHOICES and a refusal to work with Boras, that keep us from having a top 15 minor league system (not the fact we don't always get top 10 picks).
Great post, and I am aware you said if but I think it's hard to say that both Porcello and Bailey pan out to their maximum potential while Danks and Floyd stay at the level they played in 2008. The fact that we have later picks will DEFINETLY contribute.

btrain929
12-07-2008, 03:06 PM

Porcello definitely seems solid, but $7.3 million dollars IS alot of cheddar for any team to dish out for a HS pitcher....

btrain929
12-07-2008, 03:50 PM
No Josh Vitters? Aww man....

Craig Grebeck
12-07-2008, 05:49 PM

Lots and lots of teams passed on Porcello. His price was very prohibitive, and I see no problem with taking Poreda there.

btrain929
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I've read that the 2009 draft class has a deep core of really good HS catchers. Hopefully we can get in on one of them (and please don't say we're not gonna draft a catcher because Flowers is in the system now)....

munchman33
12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Lots and lots of teams passed on Porcello. His price was very prohibitive, and I see no problem with taking Poreda there.

At the time yes. But right now, with Porcello knocking on the door with ace potential and Poreda still looking like a middle reliever, the choice should be clear.

SoxNation05
12-08-2008, 06:30 PM
I've read that the 2009 draft class has a deep core of really good HS catchers. Hopefully we can get in on one of them (and please don't say we're not gonna draft a catcher because Flowers is in the system now)....
From what it seems, Flowers will be at 1B or DH and of course you draft for talent not need.

Craig Grebeck
12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
At the time yes. But right now, with Porcello knocking on the door with ace potential and Poreda still looking like a middle reliever, the choice should be clear.
I'm sorry, what the hell do you mean by "knocking on the door"? Rick has thrown 125 professional innings, none of which were above A+ ball.

And how on earth is Poreda looking like a middle reliever?

champagne030
12-08-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm sorry, what the hell do you mean by "knocking on the door"? Rick has thrown 125 professional innings, none of which were above A+ ball.

Porcello is, at least, a year away.

Poreda will probably pitch in Chicago this year, but it will be as a middle reliever because he only has one pitch. His slider has potential, but will never have a curve and with that arm slot will have almost no chance of producing a servicable change. That sound a lot like Thornton.

Craig Grebeck
12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Porcello is, at least, a year away.

Poreda will probably pitch in Chicago this year, but it will be as a middle reliever because he only has one pitch. His slider has potential, but will never have a curve and with that arm slot will have almost no chance of producing a servicable change. That sound a lot like Thornton.
Can we end this "only has one pitch" lunacy?

champagne030
12-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Can we end this "only has one pitch" lunacy?

Show me another pitch and maybe.

Craig Grebeck
12-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Show me another pitch and maybe.
His slider has gotten good review thus far.

champagne030
12-08-2008, 08:43 PM
His slider has gotten good review thus far.

A plus fastball and 'get me by' slider isn't going to cut it as a starter. His fastball isn't good enough to only have an average, at best, slider cut it as a starter. That repertoire screams Matt Thornton.

Craig Grebeck
12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
A plus fastball and 'get me by' slider isn't going to cut it as a starter. His fastball isn't good enough to only have an average, at best, slider cut it as a starter. That repertoire screams Matt Thornton.
If his floor is Matt Thornton, I'm not concerned. Thornton could close for any team, and has a good amount of value as our set-up guy.

champagne030
12-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Thornton could close for any team

Let's not get carried away.

and has a good amount of value as our set-up guy.I agree.

Konerko05
12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Thornton's fastball is fairly straight. Isn't Poreda's fastball supposed to have massive sink/movement? That alread puts him one up on Thornton. It also softens the blow of not having an overpowering secondary pitch.

LoveYourSuit
12-08-2008, 10:15 PM
So no Sox on the top 50?

champagne030
12-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Isn't Poreda's fastball supposed to have massive sink/movement? No.

btrain929
12-08-2008, 10:17 PM
So no Sox on the top 50?

Correct, according to this Top 50. I believe there are a few different outlets, though, that have their own Top 50, so maybe Beckham/Flowers cracks one of them?

btrain929
12-08-2008, 10:18 PM
No.

I'm pretty sure his fastball has good sink on it.

Craig Grebeck
12-08-2008, 10:20 PM
No.
Lie.

oeo
12-08-2008, 10:54 PM
No.

:rolling:

That's why he was drafted.

SoxNation05
12-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Aaron Poreda's celler is not Matt Thornton. Matt Thornton has done it in the big show. Whoever said that Poreda's fastball has no sink is wrong. Do you honestly think we are dumb enough to draft a one pitch pitcher who has a straight fastball? Poreda throws a sinking fastball with great precision. Make your jokes but we're not that dumb. Right now Poreda's slider is just an allusion to his fastball.

champagne030
12-09-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm pretty sure his fastball has good sink on it. Correct - good sink. Not "massive".

Lie. See above.

:rolling:

That's why he was drafted. Wrong again.

oeo
12-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Correct - good sink. Not "massive".

If it was semantics that you disagreed with, then why didn't you say that in your original post? :?:

Wrong again.

Yes, his fastball and its natural sink is why he was drafted.

Konerko05
12-09-2008, 03:47 PM
If it was semantics that you disagreed with, then why didn't you say that in your original post? :?:

Right you think he just would have said, "While he has good sink on his fastball, I don't consider it to be 'massive.'"

Champagne seems to have some sort of agenda against Poreda.

champagne030
12-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Right you think he just would have said, "While he has good sink on his fastball, I don't consider it to be 'massive.'"

Champagne seems to have some sort of agenda against Poreda.

I answered his question of "doesn't his fastball have massive movement/sink?". The answer is no.

And it's not like I trashed the pitch. I've already stated in this thread it's a plus pitch.

munchman33
12-09-2008, 04:50 PM

Porcello is expected to make his pro debut at the end of the upcoming season.

I've yet to read a scouting report on Poreda that doesn't mention he's significantly more likely to end up in a bullpen than in a rotation. If you have one, I'd be willing to take it into consideration. But even things I read on the Sox website mention this. Heck, even Kenny has said it.

GAsoxfan
12-10-2008, 09:22 AM
So no Sox on the top 50?

Nope, but Poreda was mentioned in the "Just Missed the Cut" piece. I think they ranked him 56th.

CleeFan101
12-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Anyone know when BA release their top100 prospect list for upcoming season.

PalehosePlanet
12-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Anyone know when BA release their top100 prospect list for upcoming season.

March.

btrain929
12-14-2008, 01:00 AM
I've yet to read a scouting report on Poreda that doesn't mention he's significantly more likely to end up in a bullpen than in a rotation. If you have one, I'd be willing to take it into consideration. But even things I read on the Sox website mention this. Heck, even Kenny has said it.

I think this is more of a situation where he keeps getting mentioned as a bullpen guy because that's where he can make the sooner impact on the major league squad. We don't have many, if any, internal options jumping off the page to fill Boone's spot that has been vacated. But as far as SP's go, we have at least 3: Richard, Marquez, and Broadway (I don't believe Broadway is an option, but others seem to think so). I don't think him continually being mentioned in the bullpen are statements discussing his "ceiling" or possible role in 2-3 years.

fozzy
12-14-2008, 02:32 AM
From what it seems, Flowers will be at B or DH and of course you draft for talent not need.

even if you positive Flowers is going to be your catcher for the next 15 years... thats the one position you always draft no matter what you can always trade a good catcher prospect for value.

people need to get over the Porcello vs Poreda argument. drafting Porcello was never an option... right or wrong the white sox as an organization do not draft over slot in the first round. we were never going to draft Porcello in the late first round and give him top 5 money. that has nothing to do with Poreda as a draft pick. the simple matter of fact is right now his floor as a prospect is a set-up man/ closer with a sinking fastball in the high 90's... with a ceiling of a #2 or 3 starter if his slider develops as a plus pitch or they can get him to throw a cutter. any organization would be happy to draft him in the late 20's in the draft

canOcorn
12-14-2008, 12:46 PM
that has nothing to do with Poreda as a draft pick. the simple matter of fact is right now his floor as a prospect is a set-up man/ closer with a sinking fastball in the high 90's... with a ceiling of a #2 or 3 starter if his slider develops as a plus pitch or they can get him to throw a cutter. any organization would be happy to draft him in the late 20's in the draft

Poreda's floor is not a closer. At least not a serviceable closer.

Cambridge
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Porcello is expected to make his pro debut at the end of the upcoming season.

Porcello made his pro debut last spring and spent the season pitching in high-A. I would think that's well known, so my apologies if I'm missing an inside joke somehow.

jabrch
12-14-2008, 11:17 PM
drafting Porcello was never an option... right or wrong the white sox as an organization do not draft over slot in the first round. we were never going to draft Porcello in the late first round and give him top 5 money.

I don't think it was about slot as much as about giving a HS kid that high a signing bonus.

rdivaldi
12-15-2008, 01:07 AM
I don't think it was about slot as much as about giving a HS kid that high a signing bonus.

If his agent hadn't been:
:borass:
It might have been more likely. Let's also not forget that the Sox have been burned recently by some high school pitchers. Jason Stumm and Kris Honel come to mind as first rounders plagued by injuries.

btrain929
12-15-2008, 01:16 AM
If his agent hadn't been:
:borass:
It might have been more likely. Let's also not forget that the Sox have been burned recently by some high school pitchers. Jason Stumm and Kris Honel come to mind as first rounders plagued by injuries.

Not AS a big deal as those, but our 2nd rounder from HS in '07, Nevin Griffith, hasn't lived up to expectations either, and he's out for all of 2009 with TJ surgery.

Britt Burns
12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Not AS a big deal as those, but our 2nd rounder from HS, Nevin Griffith, hasn't lived up to expectations either, and he's out for all of 2009 with TJ surgery.

I hadn't heard that...what a bummer. Hopefully he can recover and have a great 2010.

jabrch
12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Not AS a big deal as those, but our 2nd rounder from HS in '07, Nevin Griffith, hasn't lived up to expectations either, and he's out for all of 2009 with TJ surgery.

I didn't hear that. Shucks...

btrain929
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
I didn't hear that. Shucks...

Actually I just heard it a few weeks ago from someone on here. It was either Grebeck or OEO....

4 points
01-07-2009, 05:54 AM

Taking drugs is still illegal in all 50 states.:bandance::bandance::bandance:

4 points
01-07-2009, 06:00 AM

That just goes to show ya, NEVIN NEVIN pick a guy named NEVIN with a second round pick.:whiner::whiner::whiner:

JermaineDye05
01-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Keith Law released his top 100 prospects. Gordon was no. 36 for anyone interested. I can't paste anything since it's insider info. You can view 1-25 without being an insider, no Sox though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=law_keith&id=3840355

DirtySox
01-21-2009, 02:38 PM
He also ranked Farm Systems. What was ours at?

munchman33
01-21-2009, 02:56 PM
He also ranked Farm Systems. What was ours at?

23. Also said after Beckham last year's draft was very questionable. Oh, and said we'd have been somewhere in the bottom five before signing Dayan.

jabrch
01-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Keith Law released his top 100 prospects. Gordon was no. 36 for anyone interested. I can't paste anything since it's insider info. You can view 1-25 without being an insider, no Sox though.

Still would love to know how many of these guys he has seen play live more than 3 times. I'm guessing that is a very low #.

munchman33
01-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Still would love to know how many of these guys he has seen play live more than 3 times. I'm guessing that is a very low #.

He did see Alexei in person last year and said he was going to be really good.

chunk
01-21-2009, 11:01 PM

What was said about Beckham? Any other Sox prospects?

DirtySox
01-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Law just answered my Beckham question in his chat.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24678

He says that Beckham and Wallace were the two most MLB ready players in the draft, and sees him at SS this year with Alexei moving to center.

Take that as you will.

JorgeFabregas
01-22-2009, 02:20 PM
My impression is that a lot of people around baseball think that Alexei should be moved to center. I wonder how many of them have seen him play center. From what I recall, he looked absolutely lost.

doublem23
01-22-2009, 02:42 PM
He put Dayan on the "Just outside of the top 100 list," too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3851676&name=law_keith

JohnTucker0814
01-22-2009, 03:34 PM
My impression is that a lot of people around baseball think that Alexei should be moved to center. I wonder how many of them have seen him play center. From what I recall, he looked absolutely lost.

You mean in the 11 games that he played there last year? He also had 1 assist in the 11 games... B. Anderson 94 games, 0 assists... Nick Swisher 70 games, 2 assists... I would be okay with him playing CF... Little do people recall that B.J. Upton was drafted as a middle infielder, Justin Upton played SS in the minor leagues... Someone with the athletic ability of Alexei can play CF.

At this point I don't see why he couldn't play CF, I don't think we have a better option at SS to this date, but if Beckham is a star in the making, whats not to say he starts at SS next year and Alexei moves to CF?

He has to be better than what we've put out there the past 3 years!

voodoochile
01-22-2009, 03:39 PM
You mean in the 11 games that he played there last year? He also had 1 assist in the 11 games... B. Anderson 94 games, 0 assists... Nick Swisher 70 games, 2 assists... I would be okay with him playing CF... Little do people recall that B.J. Upton was drafted as a middle infielder, Justin Upton played SS in the minor leagues... Someone with the athletic ability of Alexei can play CF.

At this point I don't see why he couldn't play CF, I don't think we have a better option at SS to this date, but if Beckham is a star in the making, whats not to say he starts at SS next year and Alexei moves to CF?

He has to be better than what we've put out there the past 3 years!

Bad stats. How many innings did BA actually play CF last year? 94 games looks like a lot, but he was probably in the game for 1-2 innings in the majority of them.

FedEx227
01-22-2009, 03:52 PM
And in the later innings, where assists are not as prevalent because the opposite is less inclined to try and stretch doubles or take an extra base.

DirtySox
01-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Continuing on with Mr. Law, I didn't see this posted either:

Top 10 Prospects by Position: (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=law_keith&id=3849879)

Beckham, Flowers, Viciedo, and Poreda all make the lists for their position.

oeo
01-22-2009, 11:13 PM

I still question where this opinion is coming from. Maybe it was that long ago that I don't remember it well, but the only thing I remember not liking was his hesitation when he closed in on the wall. Other than that, I remember him making a wild throw from right center to second, right on the money to catch somebody trying to stretch a single into a double.

I think in a best case scenario (Getz playing well at second, and Beckham tearing up the minors), it's something they need to look at and at least try.

JorgeFabregas
01-23-2009, 12:19 AM
He had one nice throw. Yes. Everyone knows he has good arm.

However, my impression was that he got bad reads and pulled up on catches that he could've otherwise made. IIRC, he is not very experienced in CF.

Frater Perdurabo
01-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Alexei belongs at SS. It's his best position. Period.

Barring injury to or trade of Alexei, Beckham should get a lot of practice playing 3B or 2B.

oeo
01-23-2009, 09:01 AM
He had one nice throw. Yes. Everyone knows he has good arm.

However, my impression was that he got bad reads and pulled up on catches that he could've otherwise made. IIRC, he is not very experience in CF.

He had more experience in CF than 2B coming in.

Alexei belongs at SS. It's his best position. Period.

We don't know that yet.

Barring injury to or trade of Alexei, Beckham should get a lot of practice playing 3B or 2B.No, Beckham should stay at SS unless it's absolutely necessary to move him. I think Beckham will be the better defender at SS, anyway.

JohnTucker0814
01-23-2009, 09:19 AM

We don't know that yet.

No, Beckham should stay at SS unless it's absolutely necessary to move him. I think Beckham will be the better defender at SS, anyway.

Very good point. I remember people not really liking him at 2B at the beginning of the year.

Lorenzo Barcelo
01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Law just answered my Beckham question in his chat.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24678

He says that Beckham and Wallace were the two most MLB ready players in the draft, and sees him at SS this year with Alexei moving to center.

Take that as you will.

Nevermind saw another his other response on Beckham, thought his only response was "yes" about him.

Lip Man 1
01-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Saw his zinger of Flowers too.

Lip

FedEx227
01-24-2009, 12:16 PM

But wouldn't there be a more fluid transition from experienced SS to 2B as opposed to CF?

From what I saw of him in CF it wasn't very pretty, but I wonder for the long-term health of the organization if we should really give him a shot there, if Lillibridge comes into his own we could have a pretty dynamic team with SS- Beckham 2B- Lillibridge CF-Alexei

Konerko05
01-24-2009, 12:54 PM
But wouldn't there be a more fluid transition from experienced SS to 2B as opposed to CF?

From what I saw of him in CF it wasn't very pretty, but I wonder for the long-term health of the organization if we should really give him a shot there, if Lillibridge comes into his own we could have a pretty dynamic team with SS- Beckham 2B- Lillibridge CF-Alexei

I'm not too high on Lillibridge ever hitting at the major league level, but I believe he has the ability to play CF. I remember reading that in several reports.

oeo
01-24-2009, 05:13 PM

Alexei has had extended time in CF, has he not? I thought he played some CF for the Cuban National Team.

Then it's not a question of transitioning, but experience. It's not like this would be the first time he's played CF.

DirtySox
01-24-2009, 05:32 PM
More Keith Law!

Potential top 100 candidates for 2010 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3855023&name=law_keith)

He seems to think Santos Rodriguez has potential. He would be the Lefty we acquired in the Javy trade.

doublem23
01-24-2009, 06:59 PM
More Keith Law!

Potential top 100 candidates for 2010 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3855023&name=law_keith)

He seems to think Santos Rodriguez has potential. He would be the Lefty we acquired in the Javy trade.

Nothing like a power pitcher with no control. I wonder if anyone's fitted him for glasses.

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0002/4876/rick_vaughn_profile_page.jpg