PDA

View Full Version : Who is the better pitcher Garland or Wright

TheBigHurt
05-21-2002, 03:16 PM
Who is the better starter... .Jon Garland or Wright?

:yankeessuck

Randar68
05-21-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
Who is the better starter... .Jon Garland or Wright?

:yankeessuck

Garland has better stuff. I just hope we get Nardi out of here before we trade all of our young talent away. Garland needs to trust his stuff and let guys hit it. He will learn how to get the K's as we go, but he's got to let them hit that sinker when he's ahead instead of nibbling.

All that being said, at this time, Wright is a better PITCHER, but his stuff isn't as good.

fogie
05-21-2002, 11:21 PM
I agree Garland has the better stuff. But who is the best, I don't know, hope we do not trade either one, as I think both will be fine pitchers, yet this year.

Garrison
05-21-2002, 11:28 PM
I really think Danny Boy is going to blossom this year. He's going to be a solid pitcher. Sometimes he's a little wild or a little shaky, but he's effective. He'll be a better STARTING PITCHER than Garland by season's end. I still think Jon is better suited for the pen. He'd have less pressure and more time to work on his stuff. He could be a long reliever or mop-up guy and be a great asset to our pen. He does have better stuff, but he hasn't shown he can start in the bigs.

Daver
05-21-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
I really think Danny Boy is going to blossom this year. He's going to be a solid pitcher. Sometimes he's a little wild or a little shaky, but he's effective. He'll be a better STARTING PITCHER than Garland by season's end. I still think Jon is better suited for the pen. He'd have less pressure and more time to work on his stuff. He could be a long reliever or mop-up guy and be a great asset to our pen. He does have better stuff, but he hasn't shown he can start in the bigs.

Are you Nardi in disguise? You know about as little as he does.

Garrison
05-21-2002, 11:59 PM
How do you figure? What do you make of Wright/Garland? :?: I'm positive that you know more than I do Daver. Honestly. :smile:

Prof.Redass
05-22-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Garrison

Christ in a sidecar,Garland has the potential to be a top notch starter,and you want him moved to the pen in favor of a finesse pitcher that relies entirely on control? Let me guess,you were hatched yesterday right? Damn I can rest assured that as long as people like you are around there will be no idiot shortage anytime soon.

baggio202
05-22-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Prof.Redass

Christ in a sidecar,Garland has the potential to be a top notch starter,and you want him moved to the pen in favor of a finesse pitcher that relies entirely on control? Let me guess,you were hatched yesterday right? Damn I can rest assured that as long as people like you are around there will be no idiot shortage anytime soon.

maybe i didnt read your post right but are you trying to tell me that danny wright is a finesse pitcher????..please tell me thats not the case

danny wright is a power pitcher...

Unregistered
05-22-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

maybe i didnt read your post right but are you trying to tell me that danny wright is a finesse pitcher????..please tell me thats not the case

danny wright is a power pitcher... Ha, i was wondering the exact same thing... considering the pompous tone of the reply, you'd actually think this guy knew what he was talking about... wright is all about throwing everything he has right into the catcher's mitt...in fact, his confessed downfall earlier in the season was trying to be anything of a control pitcher.
newbies...

voodoochile
05-22-2002, 01:07 AM

If not, can we please sign some more "finesse" pitchers like Danny? Please?

This guy is going to be a stud for a long time...

Prof.Redass
05-22-2002, 01:11 AM

A power pitcher?
You are either kidding or delusional,and they have drugs to stop delusions.Danny Wright is a five pitch pitcher that relies on finesse and control,there is nothing about him that makes him a power pitcher.Please offer to share whatever you are smoking,because your being selfish with it.

Power pitcher....you have got to be kidding me.

doublem23
05-22-2002, 01:16 AM
I honestly think the second we get Nardi away from these guys and we get them a competant pitching coach, you'll see them blossom... Until then, well... keep some antacids handy.

baggio202
05-22-2002, 01:20 AM

A power pitcher?
You are either kidding or delusional,and they have drugs to stop delusions.Danny Wright is a five pitch pitcher that relies on finesse and control,there is nothing about him that makes him a power pitcher.Please offer to share whatever you are smoking,because your being selfish with it.

i cant believe im having this discussion...is there anyone else out here that thinks of danny wright as a finesse pitcher???..ask trot nixon if that was finesse pitch that danny blew him away with???..trot barely got the bat off his shoulder and it was by him...

dude you ARE aimlessly wandering

next youre gonna tell me jon garland is a power pitcher???

voodoochile
05-22-2002, 01:27 AM

A power pitcher?

Moron Alert...

Wright consistently tops out at 95 MPH+ on his fastball...

Maybe you should try watching a couple of games and then come back and apologize...

Prof. Redass my butt, more like Prof. Dumbass...

Unregistered
05-22-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Maybe you should try watching a couple of games and then come back and apologize...

Prof. Redass my butt, more like Prof. Dumbass...
Amen.
Sorry "professor", this isn't the sCrUBS board. we actually pay attention to the games and those who are playing in them...

Mathew
05-22-2002, 01:36 AM
Can't you hear the chants in the distance?

Bmr, Bmr, Bmr......

chisoxfanatic
05-22-2002, 03:33 AM
What we are comparing here is a starting pitcher to someone who belongs in the bullpen. That's like comparing apples to oranges. Danny has the Wright stuff when he's starting, and Garland tends to cower under such pressure. Garland, on the other hand, has shown good stuff when he's pitching in long relief (see last season). I don't think this question can really be answered.

Heather the Redbird

KruseControl04
05-22-2002, 08:57 AM
The obvious answer is Danny Wright.

Garrison
05-22-2002, 09:10 AM
A power pitcher?

Ok, honeslty have you ever watched a Danny Wright start? I don't even think he throws five pitches. The guy is a power pitcher. The reason he got lit up earlier in the season was because he tried to finesse it. The best advice that Nardi has ever given was telling Wright that he's not a finesse pitcher and to get after hitters. After that he has been solid because he puts everything he has into ever pitch and overpowers hitters. The guy is going to be a great starter. He's a stud all ready and he doesn't even have a full year in the majors. Garland will be good if he can ever trust his stuff and get all of his pitches over. He's a finesse guy but hasn't be able to prove he can do it as a starter. He belongs in the pen where he has done well before. Wright is the better PITCHER. Period.