PDA

View Full Version : Braden Looper

getonbckthr
12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't know much about him as far as pitch selection and such but I noticed ST. Louis didn't offer him arbitration. Would he be an option for us or not really?

oeo
12-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Not really.

kittle42
12-01-2008, 07:15 PM
The thread title is messed up. It needs a question mark at the end of it. Only then can it be truly terrible.

btrain929
12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
The thread title is messed up. It needs a question mark at the end of it. Only then can it be truly terrible.

:rolling:
I think he'll end up getting a contract more than what we'd be willing to pay for him. That and the fact he's been mediocre at-best in the NATIONAL league. He gives up more than a hit per inning and about 25 homers a season. If that gets up into the 30's in the AL, he could end up with a 6.00 ERA. I'd rather take a chance on Brad Penny, but I have a feeling were not signing anybody unless Javy is traded. If he stays, Richard/Marquez will battle for the 5th spot, maybe with the loser being the long-man out of the pen.

As far as pitching is concerned, it'd be sweet to land Joe Beimel, a lefty reliever who's a Type B but was NOT offered arb. But the rumor is that the Tigers are after him pretty hard. He'd be a great compliment to Thornton, but I have a feeling he's going to be too expensive in the end.

veeter
12-01-2008, 08:59 PM
The thread title is messed up. It needs a question mark at the end of it. Only then can it be truly terrible.Milk, nose, shooting out.

palehozenychicty
12-02-2008, 08:29 AM
:rolling:
I think he'll end up getting a contract more than what we'd be willing to pay for him. That and the fact he's been mediocre at-best in the NATIONAL league. He gives up more than a hit per inning and about 25 homers a season. If that gets up into the 30's in the AL, he could end up with a 6.00 ERA. I'd rather take a chance on Brad Penny, but I have a feeling were not signing anybody unless Javy is traded. If he stays, Richard/Marquez will battle for the 5th spot, maybe with the loser being the long-man out of the pen.

As far as pitching is concerned, it'd be sweet to land Joe Beimel, a lefty reliever who's a Type B but was NOT offered arb. But the rumor is that the Tigers are after him pretty hard. He'd be a great compliment to Thornton, but I have a feeling he's going to be too expensive in the end.

I would not mind Beimel.

pythons007
12-02-2008, 08:33 AM
:threadsucks

AzureJazzMan
12-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't know why so many people are down on Looper. I think he would be a very nice option for the 5th spot in the rotation if he'd take 5-6 Mil. per year. He is a contact pitcher, which fits in with what this team likes. You then rely on defense for the outs.

Mr.1Dog
12-02-2008, 12:20 PM
A looper?:scratch:

I thought that was a professional caddy.

Thome25
12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
:threadsucks