PDA

View Full Version : Pink Bobby Jenks jersey

GregO23
12-01-2008, 02:11 AM
For Christmas I want to get my sister a pink Jenks 45 jersey, perferably white with pink pinstripes. I have searched the internet all night and am wondering if anyone has seen one or have gotten one for their wives, girlfriends, sisters, or selves. Where would you even find one?

Ive seen the plain pink pinstripes with no name on the back, but my sister has an obsession with Bobby and I would like to get her that one.

PS:yes i realized bobby may get traded, but i feel its unlikely, and she wud still wear the jersey because she wud cheer for him nomatter what

Thanks! and sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

Nellie_Fox
12-01-2008, 02:22 AM
wud?

GregO23
12-01-2008, 02:43 AM
Would*
Opps sorry. lol:redneck

Lorenzo Barcelo
12-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Even though I do not advocate shopping at Grandstand (lousy customer service) they should have what you are looking for. The sell a white pink pinstripe jersey there in the youth section. It would likely fulfill your needs. To get Jenks' name on it you can have them put in on at an additional cost. Just call first to see if they still have it.

GregO23
12-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Thanks a lot! Will do!!

DumpJerry
12-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Even though I do not advocate shopping at Grandstand (lousy customer service) they should have what you are looking for. The sell a white pink pinstripe jersey there in the youth section. It would likely fulfill your needs. To get Jenks' name on it you can have them put in on at an additional cost. Just call first to see if they still have it.
Lousy customer service? I've never experienced it in my many visits there. I've even had Dave Wills help me from behind the counter!

Steelrod
12-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Lousy customer service? I've never experienced it in my many visits there. I've even had Dave Wills help me from behind the counter!
That explains the lousy customer service!

hi im skot
12-03-2008, 10:11 AM

Yeah, Grandstand has been nothing but awesome to me.

esbrechtel
12-03-2008, 10:45 AM
I also have had great service at Grandstand...their prices are a little high that would be my only complaint but the City Taxes are insane anyways...

twsoxfan5
12-03-2008, 10:46 AM

I have been there before nearly every Sox game and I would say the customer service is very hit and miss. The guy who greets you at the door and the women are very nice, but some of the middle aged men have been rude to me before. There was one time they would not allow me to try on a fitted hat for fear that I would ruin it or something for example. For the most part though they have decent service and they for sure have the best selection.

Lorenzo Barcelo
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
If you want to know what I meant by that PM me.

Nellie_Fox
12-03-2008, 12:35 PM
There was one time they would not allow me to try on a fitted hat for fear that I would ruin it or something.Did you have 10W-30 dripping out of your hair?

Domeshot17
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM
grandstand customer service is pretty good.

that said Grandstand= Better Selection, Triple threat sports= Better Quality at better prices.

hi im skot
12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
grandstand customer service is pretty good.

that said Grandstand= Better Selection, Triple threat sports= Better Quality at better prices.

I've said it before and I'll say it again---Triple Threat put the front numbers on my authnentic Buehrle jersey way too low. Also, the stitching is nowhere near as good as the authentic Grandstand did.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

Domeshot17
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again---Triple Threat put the front numbers on my authnentic Buehrle jersey way too low. Also, the stitching is nowhere near as good as the authentic Grandstand did.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

Must be hit or miss. Ive bought an authentic from both. Last year Triple threat did my authentic Danks early in the year, and its 100 fold better than the authentic i got from grandstand.

The difference REALLY shows in the replica's. I got my dad one for his birthday (says 50 DAD on it for his 50th bday). I had to use grandstand because TTS was backed up and could not have it done on time. Grandstand did it in a week, but it had the generic, plain black lettering. TTS uses authentic style lettering on their replicas with the heavier (thicker) multi colored for the jerseys.

hi im skot
12-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Must be hit or miss. Ive bought an authentic from both. Last year Triple threat did my authentic Danks early in the year, and its 100 fold better than the authentic i got from grandstand.

The difference REALLY shows in the replica's. I got my dad one for his birthday (says 50 DAD on it for his 50th bday). I had to use grandstand because TTS was backed up and could not have it done on time. Grandstand did it in a week, but it had the generic, plain black lettering. TTS uses authentic style lettering on their replicas with the heavier (thicker) multi colored for the jerseys.

Interesting. I know that Grandstand will use the authentic letters and numbers on replicas if you ask. Probably costs a little more than the cheapo stuff, though.

Domeshot17
12-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Interesting. I know that Grandstand will use the authentic letters and numbers on replicas if you ask. Probably costs a little more than the cheapo stuff, though.

IIRC Triple Threat would have done it all for 100 bucks. Grandstand was 150 to use the crappy letters, and 175 to use the Authentic. I think the Authentic would have been like 210 customed. World of Difference price wise. It is almost like Grandstand tiers the pricing so you just say screw it and buy the authentic. Well that, and they know because of selection and location, they have the general consumer by the kahonas and they have no need to lower their price or step up their quality. It was the principal of it all, but the drive to Grandstand vs Triple Threat was probably a 25-30 dollar gas difference at the time, so ultimately I didn't make out that much better.

GregO23
12-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Where is Triple Threat at?? Im a broke college kid so if its cheaper and in a fairly close location i might check them out.

kruzer31
12-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Mokena,IL i believe

esbrechtel
12-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Where is Triple Threat at?? Im a broke college kid so if its cheaper and in a fairly close location i might check them out.

They sell jerseys online as well....You have to pay for shipping but its probably cheaper than paying for the gas...