PDA

View Full Version : 40% off of all jerseys today at mlb.com

Rockin Robin
11-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Man, they must really be hurting. 40% off of jerseys including personalized custom jerseys.

My dream of owning a Ron Karkovice jersey is oh so close.

champagne030
11-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Man, they must really be hurting. 40% off of jerseys including personalized custom jerseys.

My dream of owning a Ron Karkovice jersey is oh so close.

I believe it's only replica jerseys.

soxpride724
11-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah it's only for replicas. It sucks cause Im lookin for an authentic. I should have just got one last week with the 30% off sale.

diehardRLsoxfan
11-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Do the replica jersey's have stitched numbers?

sullythered
11-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Sweet. Just picked up my pinstriped AJ jersey.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2008, 05:20 PM
How big a cost savings can typically be found by buying an official or replica jersey from a third-party business like Grandstand or Triple Threat compared to what MLB.com charges?

I'm wondering if 40 percent is really as hot a price discount as it seems...

btrain929
11-28-2008, 06:01 PM
How big a cost savings can typically be found by buying an official or replica jersey from a third-party business like Grandstand or Triple Threat compared to what MLB.com charges?

I think something like 10-15% would be insignificant, but 40% off I'm sure would be prices from 3rd party places, unless those 3rd party places are having sales of their own...

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I think something like 10-15% would be insignificant, but 40% off I'm sure would be prices from 3rd party places, unless those 3rd party places are having sales of their own...

Just wondering if anyone had an "expert" opinion... thanks.

I don't wear many official shirts, and only one of them have I ever personalized, my 97/98 Arsenal home shirt with "Donkey" Tony Adams' #6 on the back.

:wink:

HomeFish
11-28-2008, 07:25 PM
This makes the MLB.com jerseys $10 cheaper than Triple Threat, right?

HomeFish
11-28-2008, 07:37 PM
I have a question about this rule:

"Retired player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired"

Does this mean that if I pick the name/number of a retired player whose last MLB team was not the White Sox, I'm fine?

chisoxfanatic
11-28-2008, 07:44 PM

"Retired player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired"

Does this mean that if I pick the name/number of a retired player whose last MLB team was not the White Sox, I'm fine?
I have a question: Why does that rule even exist? It's dumb.

DumpJerry
11-28-2008, 07:46 PM
I have a question: Why does that rule even exist? It's dumb.
Licensing.

Brian26
11-28-2008, 07:46 PM

It's not. And when you factor in MLB.com's god-awful customer service and inflated S&H charges, its not worth the time. Better off driving somewhere and trying it on in person to make sure it fits and isn't a defective product.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Do they honestly enforce this policy? For example, if I wanted a Harold Baines Sox shirt, I couldn't get one?
:?:

I can only imagine one reason why MLB would enforce this policy: They've already sold the rights to print retired player shirts to the nostaglia manufacturers like Mitchell & Ness. Selling Bill Melton shirts wouldn't be nearly as lucrative if a ready-supply of customizable $80 replicas were available to the great-unwashed... regardless of the lack of authenticity.

MLB Properties doesn't miss too many chances to squeeze the last dollar from the fans with cash in their pocket to burn...
:smile:

HomeFish
11-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Except players usually don't retire from the teams that they are famous for playing for. Read literally, this allows you to buy a Willie Mays jersey from the Giants, but not one from the Mets.

btrain929
11-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Do they honestly enforce this policy? For example, if I wanted a Harold Baines Sox shirt, I couldn't get one?
:?:

For Baines in particular, you might be able to get away with it since he's a coach on the current team. So in essence you're not getting a jersey of a retired player, you're getting a jersey of a current coach.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2008, 08:02 PM
For Baines in particular, you might be able to get away with it since he's a coach on the current team. So in essence you're not getting a jersey of a retired player, you're getting a jersey of a current coach.

Sheesh... I better run out and get one fast before Ozzie bounces his ass. First base coach is pretty much the end of the line!

:)

Harry Potter
11-28-2008, 08:09 PM
It's not. And when you factor in MLB.com's god-awful customer service and inflated S&H charges, its not worth the time. Better off driving somewhere and trying it on in person to make sure it fits and isn't a defective product.

Agreed ten fold. The difference in quality between the authentic jersey I purchased on MLB.com and the authentic I got from Triple Threat is mindboggling. The stitching on the jersey purchased on MLB.com was coming apart after a few wears.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2008, 08:39 PM
I've gone from nearly being talked into getting one to now nearly being talked out of getting one.
:scratch:

Pants is growing like a weed and he had the unfortunate luck to pick a Nick Swisher t-shirt at the last Sox game I took him to. Mrs. PHG will probably have a fit (she's the Goddess of Procurement at Casa PHG) but getting him and his sister each a shirt seems like the sort of gift they should have under the tree. I know I'm the last Sox Fan in the world to miss the now-defunct sleeveless vests, but if I could find one for myself, a merrier Christmas would certainly be had by one and all!
:redneck

So where does the smart Sox shopper get the deals on Sox shirts? Enquiring Sox Fans want to know...
:redface:

HomeFish
11-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I know I'm the last Sox Fan in the world to miss the now-defunct sleeveless vests, but if I could find one for myself, a merrier Christmas would certainly be had by one and all!

Oh, I miss them too. WhiteSox.com appears to still have them, but only in the "authentic" variety, so no 40% discount. Triple Threat Sports also seems to have them, and sells them with the undershirt.

I bought two authentic jerseys today, one for me and one as a Christmas present for my father. Going to a place like Triple Threat Sports isn't really an option for me, as I'm not in the Chicago area.

WS in 05
11-28-2008, 08:45 PM
I've gone from nearly being talked into getting one to now nearly being talked out of getting one.
:scratch:

Pants is growing like a weed and he had the unfortunate luck to pick a Nick Swisher t-shirt at the last Sox game I took him to. Mrs. PHG will probably have a fit (she's the Goddess of Procurement at Casa PHG) but getting him and his sister each a shirt seems like the sort of gift they should have under the tree. I know I'm the last Sox Fan in the world to miss the now-defunct sleeveless vests, but if I could find one for myself, a merrier Christmas would certainly be had by one and all!
:redneck

So where does the smart Sox shopper get the deals on Sox shirts? Enquiring Sox Fans want to know...

I've always wanted one of those as well. Can never seem to find one.

IlliniSox4Life
11-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I was able to get a slightly higher discount by using the code TY2008. It raises the prices of the jerseys a bit, but then takes off 15%. It ended up being cheaper. I picked up 2 jerseys for $105.xx shipped.

hula
11-28-2008, 09:44 PM
That 30% off sale they had earlier this week was great! Just got my stuff today and I saved around $30.00 off my order. Sweet! :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Well, I visited Triple Threat's website and didn't see anything that especially struck my fancy, but I did find this really terrific 3-legged Chicago Cougars hockey jersey for sale. It really speaks to my Child-of-the-70's sensibilities...

http://www.easycart.net/TripleThreatSportsInc./images/WHA-CC.bmp

Mrs. PHG would kill me...

gaelhound
11-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Well, I visited Triple Threat's website and didn't see anything that especially struck my fancy, but I did find this really terrific 3-legged Chicago Cougars hockey jersey for sale. It really speaks to my Child-of-the-70's sensibilities...

http://www.easycart.net/TripleThreatSportsInc./images/WHA-CC.bmp

Mrs. PHG would kill me...

Reggie Fleming!!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
11-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Reggie Fleming!!!!

I'll see your Reggie Fleming and raise you a Pat Stapleton!
:wink:

chisox616
11-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Ugh, I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to jersey shopping... I've waited too long to even think about buying one and now I'm considering picking up a replica for me and my dad from Triple Threat Sports online.

I've seen a few Konerko jerseys at the local Champs store (the only place I've ever been able to find any White Sox gear in St. Louis, thankfully the manager there is a Sox fan :cool:), but none of them had the numbering on the front. Is that a common factor for ALL replicas, or just cheaply made ones? Like, if I order my jersey from Triple Threat, will it include numbering on the front even though it's a replica?

I just really wanna pick up a Frank Thomas and a Robin Ventura jersey for me and my dad, respectively, and Triple Threat allows both. Of course the replica is MUCH cheaper so I'm gonna have to eventually just go with it.

jabrch
11-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Replicas are on sale right now at Dicks - nice selection in Glenview of Sox stuff. The Griffey and Swisher jerseys are due to drop in price soon - I'm guessing after Christmas those will be under $20. That's when I'll nab me a Griff jersey cheap.

esbrechtel
12-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Ugh, I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to jersey shopping... I've waited too long to even think about buying one and now I'm considering picking up a replica for me and my dad from Triple Threat Sports online.

I've seen a few Konerko jerseys at the local Champs store (the only place I've ever been able to find any White Sox gear in St. Louis, thankfully the manager there is a Sox fan :cool:), but none of them had the numbering on the front. Is that a common factor for ALL replicas, or just cheaply made ones? Like, if I order my jersey from Triple Threat, will it include numbering on the front even though it's a replica?

I just really wanna pick up a Frank Thomas and a Robin Ventura jersey for me and my dad, respectively, and Triple Threat allows both. Of course the replica is MUCH cheaper so I'm gonna have to eventually just go with it.

Replica's do not have the number on the front and also do not have the two color numbers (Black with grey/silver on Home, black w/ white on away, Black and white on 3rd jersey)

Replicas are on sale right now at Dicks - nice selection in Glenview of Sox stuff. The Griffey and Swisher jerseys are due to drop in price soon - I'm guessing after Christmas those will be under $20. That's when I'll nab me a Griff jersey cheap.

That is my plan as well...I want to pick up a Griffey for cheap probably after christmas!

esbrechtel
12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Chisox...also if you are going to go the replica route I would suggest you go with the Home jersey replicas. IMO they look better than the replica away jersey...and I promise you will not be disappointed with a jersey from TTS...