PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Plan Tix 2009

sbsox
11-26-2008, 10:59 PM
I thought last year with the Ozzie plan you could buy extra game tickets when you were buying your Ozzie Plan tickets. The Whitesox told me that we would not be able to buy extra tickets at the same time you are buying Ozzie Plan tickets this year and they did not think we could do that last year.

Were we able to buy extra tickets last year at the same time we were buying the Ozzie plan tickets?

Rdy2PlayBall
11-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I can't answer your question but when the heck are these plans going to go on sale! :scratch: I've wanted to buy one the day the Sox lost to TB. :rolleyes:

soxfan21
11-27-2008, 12:16 AM
I thought last year with the Ozzie plan you could buy extra game tickets when you were buying your Ozzie Plan tickets. The Whitesox told me that we would not be able to buy extra tickets at the same time you are buying Ozzie Plan tickets this year and they did not think we could do that last year.

Were we able to buy extra tickets last year at the same time we were buying the Ozzie plan tickets?

Ozzie plan holders couldn't buy individual game tickets last year until their ore sale date came up before the season started. Their presale was after the full and partial season ticket holder presale. So you'll probably have to wait til around February for this.

soxfan21
11-27-2008, 12:19 AM
I can't answer your question but when the heck are these plans going to go on sale! :scratch: I've wanted to buy one the day the Sox lost to TB. :rolleyes:

My guess that they will go on sale after full and partial season ticket holders renew their tickets and after current Ozzie holders renew their tickets. I'm sure you could ask a rep this weekend at the clubhouse sale and they could probably answer this question better than I can

HomeFish
11-27-2008, 01:21 AM
Sometimes I wonder what will happen to the Ozzie plan if and when he ceases to be our manager.

DumpJerry
11-27-2008, 06:19 AM
Sometimes I wonder what will happen to the Ozzie plan if and when he ceases to be our manager.
:o: Ozzie cease to be our skipper? How is that possible????????

I guess the plan will be named after after the new Manager.

The Homefish Plan.

Woofer
11-27-2008, 09:18 AM
I had the Ozzie plan last year, and had the option to buy extra games. I can't remember exactly when I committed to it, I think it was in January. I joined early in the offering though, and I think that extra games were an option from the get-go.

sbsox
11-27-2008, 11:25 AM
I received an email yesterday that indicated the Ozzie Plan pre sale will be 12-2-08.

HomeFish
11-27-2008, 07:21 PM

The Homefish Plan.

But there's no guarantee that the new manager will wear #13. And the fact that the Ozzie plan is 13 tickets is what makes the name make sense, right?

If I were hired to manage the White Sox, for instance, I would wear #26. Would they just rename it after whoever takes #13? Or give it a more generic name?

twentywontowin
11-27-2008, 08:49 PM

The Homefish Plan.

Ozzie is the new Ditka.

sbsox
11-27-2008, 10:44 PM
I found the email for the Ozzie plan 2008 presale. We did have the ability to buy extra tickets...Want to see more than 13 games? This year you have the option to purchase additional games and still receive $1 off each ticket, excluding White Sox/Cubs games at U.S. Cellular Field.

chisoxfanatic
11-27-2008, 10:45 PM
But there's no guarantee that the new manager will wear #13. And the fact that the Ozzie plan is 13 tickets is what makes the name make sense, right?

If I were hired to manage the White Sox, for instance, I would wear #26. Would they just rename it after whoever takes #13? Or give it a more generic name?
Didn't they have a Minnie 9-game Plan a few years back? I don't think they'll ever eliminate the Ozzie out of Ozzie Plan. He will forever be an icon for the franchise.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Didn't they have a Minnie 9-game Plan a few years back? I don't think they'll ever eliminate the Ozzie out of Ozzie Plan. He will forever be an icon for the franchise.

If Ray Schalk can have a Sox ticket plan, Ozzie Guillen can have a Sox ticket plan, too.

:smile:

soxrepublican
11-29-2008, 01:02 AM
If Ray Schalk can have a Sox ticket plan, Ozzie Guillen can have a Sox ticket plan, too.

:smile:

:D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D:
Good work.

I want Mags back
11-29-2008, 01:56 AM

I think they dropped that after either '04 or '05. They probably decided if your willing to buy 9 games, you will probably be willing to buy 13 making a 9 game plan worthless

russ99
11-29-2008, 09:29 AM
I think I'll pass on the Ozzie plan again this year.

2 years ago I got the Ozzie Plan and maybe 2-3 of the 13 games was lower deck. Last year I got in on the 'Sox Pride' presale just before single game sales and got lower deck tickets to 10 of my 14 games last year. Ozzie plan doesn't give you any playoff ticket rights either, so there's no benefit as there would be with a partial season ticket plan.

if you do decide to go with the Ozzie Plan, see if you can do it through your Sox ticket rep, since Ticketmaster's "best available" seats are not necessarily the best available...

HomeFish
11-29-2008, 04:06 PM
The only time I ever got an Ozzie plan was in 2006, when I did it to make sure that I could attend the ring ceremony. I ended up burning a lot of the tickets near the end of the plan, because I couldn't end up making them.

soxrepublican
11-29-2008, 06:18 PM
The only time I ever got an Ozzie plan was in 2006, when I did it to make sure that I could attend the ring ceremony. I ended up burning a lot of the tickets near the end of the plan, because I couldn't end up making them.

You shouldnt burn tickets, thats dangerous. You eat them.

itsnotrequired
11-29-2008, 09:14 PM
You shouldnt burn tickets, thats dangerous. You eat them.

i figured homefish would have burned them after the ring ceremony.

:teamsux:

Daver
11-29-2008, 09:28 PM

INR making pointless references to another forum Daver 2008.

soxrepublican
11-29-2008, 10:16 PM
i figured homefish would have burned them after the ring ceremony.

Then what? Eat the rings instead? How'd they taste?

itsnotrequired
11-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Then what? Eat the rings instead? How'd they taste?

i do not believe homefish ever got a ring

soxrepublican
11-30-2008, 10:49 AM
i do not believe homefish ever got a ring

Lets not assume things.

sbsox
12-02-2008, 10:35 AM
I just purchased lower boxes for all of the games I wanted them for including opening day, Cubs, yankees, Bosox....

beasly213
12-02-2008, 11:06 AM
I was going to do the Ozzie plan last year but I started to do the math and it wasn't worth it.

I went to 15 games last year and ended up paying way less than I would have had I used the Ozzie Plan.

Between the ticket exchange and ebay I was always able to get some great deals on seats. In fact I was usually able to get cheap seats on ebay from people who couldnt make the game on the day of or the day before.

Plus there is always the stub hub coupon codes that float around. I guess the one bennifit of the Ozzie plan would be having access to opening day but I'm willing to pay a premium price for one day a year if it means I'll probably be able to buy cheaper tickets the rest of the year.

Sad
12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
I just purchased lower boxes for all of the games I wanted them for including opening day, Cubs, yankees, Bosox....

I got a mix of Upper Reserved, Lower Box and Upper Box this year...
decent opening day UD aisle seats... I haven't been to opening day in years

also picked up several of the WeekDAY games as they always work well for me-
I get out of the office for a day:tongue:,
and get home at a decent time of the evening :gulp:

soxrepublican
12-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Ozzie Plan, ON SALE NOW. Whitesox.com for details.

chisoxmike
12-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Ozzie Plan, ON SALE NOW. Whitesox.com for details.

:?:

Scroll up.

soxrepublican
12-04-2008, 06:33 PM
:?:

Scroll up.

They were on sale for STH and renews. Now on sale for general public.