PDA

View Full Version : Good news - Bad news...

harwar
05-21-2002, 10:14 AM
The good news is that we will probably win the division because everyone else in the AL central is as bad as the White Sox.

The bad news is that we won't win a game in the post-season.

The good news is that todd ritchie is giving us innings.

The bad news is that he going to give up a ton of runs.

The good news is that K.W. is now probably actively seeking to trade Lee & Durham.

The bad news is that it is now too late.

The good news is that i get to watch the White Sox on tv.

The bad news is that i'm prob going to drink myself to death if i keep watching.

GASHWOUND
05-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by harwar
The good news is that we will probably win the division because everyone else in the AL central is as bad as the White Sox.

The bad news is that we won't win a game in the post-season.

The good news is that todd ritchie is giving us innings.

The bad news is that he going to give up a ton of runs.

The good news is that K.W. is now probably actively seeking to trade Lee & Durham.

The bad news is that it is now too late.

The good news is that i get to watch the White Sox on tv.

The bad news is that i'm prob going to drink myself to death if i keep watching.

The good news is we have 4 months of the season left to turn things around.

the bad news it probably won't matter cause we're bad...bad...bad...bad..and...bad

MarqSox
05-21-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

The good news is we have 4 months of the season left to turn things around.

the bad news it probably won't matter cause we're bad...bad...bad...bad..and...bad

So bad, in fact, that we're a game out of first. So tell me, if we're "bad...bad...bad...bad..and...bad" what does that make the other 8 or 9 AL teams worse than us? Come on guys, chill out.

FanOf14
05-21-2002, 01:47 PM
In the other AL divisions they'd be either 6 or 8 games out.

MarqSox
05-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
In the other AL divisions they'd be either 6 or 8 games out.

Yeah but we aren't in the other AL divisions. Besides, we need to establish a difference between "Not a championship contender" and "bad bad bad."

FarWestChicago
05-21-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Yeah but we aren't in the other AL divisions.It's amazing how often this simple fact is overlooked.

raul12
05-21-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Yeah but we aren't in the other AL divisions. Besides, we need to establish a difference between "Not a championship contender" and "bad bad bad."

wasn't it not too long ago, where we would wish we were in the west where a .500 team was in the division hunt? what comes around goes around. now it's our turn to run the 83-81 record to the playoffs!

FanOf14
05-21-2002, 02:03 PM
For whatever reason I have a tough time typing complete thoughts. We may not be in the other 2 divisions (obviously), but shouldn't the Sox be able to show up when the Sox are at their places? I can handle not winning there, but continuously getting their butts handed to them isn't something that should happen if the Sox are truely capable of getting to the post-season and progress past the first round and not going 3 and out. Okay, I think the thought got from the brain to the fingers...

MarqSox
05-21-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
We may not be in the other 2 divisions (obviously), but shouldn't the Sox be able to show up when the Sox are at their places? I can handle not winning there, but continuously getting their butts handed to them isn't something that should happen if the Sox are truely capable of getting to the post-season and progress past the first round and not going 3 and out.

The Sox handed teams their butts left and right in 2000 and it didn't stop them from going 3 and out. That isn't the issue. We have experience now that we didn't have before. We should be worried about getting into the playoffs, not what we'll do when we get there. Anything can happen in October. And right now, we're in good position to get to October. Let's focus on that.