PDA

View Full Version : Could Kenny swing another deal w/ the Rangers?

the1tab
11-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Any thoughts on the following deal's validity?

Vazquez & Anderson to Texas for Boggs, Blalock & catcher, probably Max Ramirez

Blalock is due $6.2 million for 2009, his walk year. Gives us a year to grow up the new kid Viciedo. Boggs and Ramirez would be projects, but Ramirez could be ready to contribute in a big way once AJ leaves after 2010.

Vazquez gives the Rangers a front line starter and Anderson could give them OF depth. Frankly, I get the feeling we'd prefer to have neither of these guys in Arizona come March.

Thoughts?

forte
11-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Vazquez gives the Rangers a front line starter

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Taliesinrk
11-25-2008, 10:36 PM

Blalock is due $6.2 million for 2009, his walk year. Gives us a year to grow up the new kid Viciedo. Boggs and Ramirez would be projects, but Ramirez could be ready to contribute in a big way once AJ leaves after 2010.

Vazquez gives the Rangers a front line starter and Anderson could give them OF depth. Frankly, I get the feeling we'd prefer to have neither of these guys in Arizona come March.

Thoughts?

I guess I'm confused as to how this helps the Sox accomplish any of their offseason goals/holes...

We're lacking a CF, so trade away the only one that may have a shot at taking the position? We're short a starter, so trade one away without receiving anything in return? I'm all for getting a 3B if it allows us to get a lead-off hitter somewhere in there.. but with your proposition there'd need to be at least one or two, if not three more deals to get the team to where they want to be.

soltrain21
11-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Why is the logo next to this post different than any other one?!

DumpJerry
11-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Why is the logo next to this post different than any other one?!
He clicked on the post icon below the reply box. It's a light bulb.

gr8mexico
11-26-2008, 09:07 AM

Thoughts?
OOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!:scratch:

Sargeant79
11-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm confused...is this something that is rumored or your speculation?

doublem23
11-26-2008, 09:54 AM
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

He'll never have to pitch in a meaningful game.

Jurr
11-26-2008, 11:53 AM
I hate stupid "what do you think" threads. Pointless. Utterly pointless.

ode to veeck
11-26-2008, 12:32 PM
never mind - brain fart sorry but at least it was in a meaningless thread

PalehosePlanet
11-26-2008, 08:31 PM
The Rangers are reportedly dangling Millwood and Padilla, both who are seriously underperforming and are overpaid.

I doubt that there is interest in either pitcher on our part.

I don't see a fit here, especially since they don't feel that Blalock can handle 3B anymore and plan on moving him to DH.

soxrepublican
11-29-2008, 10:25 PM
I hate stupid "what do you think" threads. Pointless. Utterly pointless.

Exactly.:threadsucks:threadblows:
T:tool