PDA

View Full Version : Angels to Make CC an Offer, Won't Wait on Teixeira

WhiteSoxFan84
11-25-2008, 02:23 AM
http://mobile.latimes.com/detail.jsp?key=192120&rc=sp&full=1

Sounds like the Angels are serious about bringing back Teixeira and signing CC Sabathia. The report says they're going to offer CC close to or better than Johan Santana money and will only talk seven-years with Teixeira and not the ten years he wants. The article also notes that the Angels have NOT made an offer to either player just yet.

Art Moreno made a comment last week (or 2 weeks ago?) about being open to bringing Francisco Rodriguez back. I think it's safe to say that he's closed that window shut for now as it's clear who the top 2 guys they really want are.

JermaineDye05
11-25-2008, 02:26 AM
I will be amazed if CC signs with an AL team. Not only did he dominate pitching wise, but he's always been a pretty good hitter and seems to enjoy NL baseball more.

WhiteSoxFan84
11-25-2008, 02:31 AM
I will be amazed if CC signs with an AL team. Not only did he dominate pitching wise, but he's always been a pretty good hitter and seems to enjoy NL baseball more.

Agreed. Dodgers make the most sense. Yankees will make biggest offer. Brewers are who I want him with (if not the White Sox lol).

turners56
11-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Does this mean that the Angels might have to go after Konerko?

oeo
11-25-2008, 07:30 AM

Money always matters more.

The Thomenator
11-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Leave it to the Angels to swoop in around Thanksgiving and sign a highly-touted free agent.

DeadMoney
11-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Leave it to the Angels to swoop in around Thanksgiving and sign a highly-touted free agent.

Maybe they'll even close the deal at Del Taco.

palehozenychicty
11-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Maybe they'll even close the deal at Del Taco.

:rolling:

I think that King Taco is better. But that's just me.

PatK
11-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm surprised Teixeira is interested in the Nats

CashMan
11-25-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm surprised Teixeira is interested in the Nats

He probably isn't, his agent is probably trying to get someone to bid against themselves to drive up the price.

palehozenychicty
11-25-2008, 11:42 AM
He probably isn't, his agent is probably trying to get someone to bid against themselves to drive up the price.

Bingo. He's from Baltimore, and has stated that he'd be interested in playing for the O's when he could test the market. If the Nats make an offer, Angelos will throw bucks at him, and they know this.

Tekijawa
11-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Does this mean that the Angels might have to go after Konerko?
If they can't land CC and Teixeira, they can have Konerko and Javy for a third of the money. I'll even take a signed Ryan jersey in return for both of them Artie!