PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie interview with Tribune

DumpJerry
11-23-2008, 11:26 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-24-white-sox-chicagonov24,0,2774756.story

Sounds like the talk about Jenks being traded is just that, talk. Swisher was a disappointment and Vaciedo sounds like a good player, but not the second coming of Alexei.

WhiteSox1989
11-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Brief but good interview.

I thought it was well-known Ozzie's relationship with Swisher was hindered towards the end of the season.

Also, although happy to see him agree with putting Brian Anderson in center field-but I'm HOPING his offense picks up if he does get the starting job.

I work with autistic kids and it's awesome to hear that they are so involved with donating to Easter Seals.

WhiteSoxFan84
11-24-2008, 04:19 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-24-white-sox-chicagonov24,0,2774756.story

Sounds like the talk about Jenks being traded is just that, talk. Swisher was a disappointment and Vaciedo sounds like a good player, but not the second coming of Alexei.

That's what you got out of that interview? Odd. After reading that, it sounds to me like the trade talks are more true than we think. It sounds like he's easing the idea for us and explaining why it would be a good move. Sounds like more than just talk to this guy.

DumpJerry
11-24-2008, 07:42 AM
That's what you got out of that interview? Odd. After reading that, it sounds to me like the trade talks are more true than we think. It sounds like he's easing the idea for us and explaining why it would be a good move. Sounds like more than just talk to this guy.
He says Kenny has not said anything to him about it. That tells me Kenny and he discuss moves ahead of time, i.e., what players can Ozzie do without if there is a good return on trade. If KW has not talked with Ozzie about whether he can live without Jenks tells me that Jenks is not on the block despite what the Mets organization wants.

Madscout
11-24-2008, 07:48 AM
He says Kenny has not said anything to him about it. That tells me Kenny and he discuss moves ahead of time, i.e., what players can Ozzie do without if there is a good return on trade. If KW has not talked with Ozzie about whether he can live without Jenks tells me that Jenks is not on the block despite what the Mets organization wants.
You could say that. You could also say that it doesn't mean ****, and Kenny knows not to tell Ozzie who he is or isn't going to trade, because Ozzie will blow the lid off it.

WHILEPITCH
11-24-2008, 11:38 AM
The comments really can be read both ways. It's true that it means something to say NOT say "this guy's untouchable"...but Ozzie rarely does that anyway.

dickallen15
11-24-2008, 11:49 AM

On the other side of the coin, do you really think Ozzie would say KW has talked to him about trading Jenks? He's probably available at a very steep cost. A cost only a very desperate team may pay.

Sargeant79
11-24-2008, 11:50 AM
The thing to remember is that Ozzie would never come out in the paper and say, "Yes, Kenny and I have discussed it. He's talking with the Mets as we speak." That would cause a fan uproar, not to mention diminish their bargaining position on a trade.

Anything that ever gets said in the papers about trade rumors is just spin. If there are trade discussions going on, no one involved with the organization would ever say it publicly.

oeo
11-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Also, although happy to see him agree with putting Brian Anderson in center field...

I'm just putting it out there before April when Anderson does not have a starting job and all the FOBA think Ozzie is a liar: he never says this. He says they (Fields, Anderson, Nix, Getz, and even Owens) need to earn the job. When did he say he thinks Anderson should be in center field? :scratch:

russ99
11-24-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm just putting it out there before April when Anderson does not have a starting job and all the FOBA think Ozzie is a liar: he never says this. He says they (Fields, Anderson, Nix, Getz, and even Owens) need to earn the job. When did he say he thinks Anderson should be in center field? :scratch:

Both Ozzie and Kenny have said Owens and Anderson are options in CF if they don't acquire someone else to play the position.

Here's hoping that if comes true.

oeo
11-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Both Ozzie and Kenny have said Owens and Anderson are options in CF if they don't acquire someone else to play the position.

Here's hoping that if comes true.

Isn't that obvious? If no one else is acquired, what other options are there? :?:

Here's to hoping that neither of those two even sniff the starting lineup.

Frater Perdurabo
11-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Isn't that obvious? If no one else is acquired, what other options are there? :?:

Here's to hoping that neither of those two even sniff the starting lineup.

Here's to hoping that both of them hit .350.

It's not realistic, and KW should make sure there are other options, but what's wrong with wishing that internal options succeed?

:scratch:

soxrepublican
11-24-2008, 08:24 PM
:fireozzie

Im sick of this crap.

oeo
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Here's to hoping that both of them hit .350.

It's not realistic, and KW should make sure there are other options, but what's wrong with wishing that internal options succeed?

:scratch:

Where the hell did you get that from? :?:

I'm being realistic in that they're not going to hit .350. Boy, do I wish they would, but it's not happening.

WhiteSox1989
11-24-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm just putting it out there before April when Anderson does not have a starting job and all the FOBA think Ozzie is a liar: he never says this. He says they (Fields, Anderson, Nix, Getz, and even Owens) need to earn the job. When did he say he thinks Anderson should be in center field? :scratch: I understand that in the article Ozzie is saying he agrees with the "youth movement", thus acknowledging Anderson starting at CF (and actually I mean to add a "sort of" to my orginal post).

If the Sox acquire someone else to play CF then that is excellent-I won't get mad at all at that, in fact despite I hope it happens. I just think Anderson is the best option we have at this moment. No idea what an FOBA is either, assuming it means being a "hardcore" fan of Brian Anderson, which I am not.

DumpJerry
11-24-2008, 11:00 PM
No idea what an FOBA is either, assuming it means being a "hardcore" fan of Brian Anderson, which I am not.
FOBA= Friends/Fans Of Brian Anderson.

They get a little bit upset when BA is not in a game. His predecessor was Aaron Rowand. In the eyes of some, Aaron Rowand could do no wrong on the field and could play MVP level quality at all 10 positions (DH included).

I see you're new here. Once the season gets underway with pitchers and catchers reporting in February, you'll see how certain players get treated like they are greatest to ever wear a Sox uniform when most objective observers disagree.

WhiteSox1989
11-24-2008, 11:03 PM
FOBA= Friends/Fans Of Brian Anderson.

They get a little bit upset when BA is not in a game. His predecessor was Aaron Rowand. In the eyes of some, Aaron Rowand could do no wrong on the field and could play MVP level quality at all 10 positions (DH included).

I see you're new here. Once the season gets underway with pitchers and catchers reporting in February, you'll see how certain players get treated like they are greatest to ever wear a Sox uniform when most objective observers disagree.

I have actually been coming to this site for quite some time, and just recently decided to post something. haha.

I noticed the Rowand love though.

DumpJerry
11-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I noticed the Rowand love though.
It was/is very subtle.

4 points
11-25-2008, 06:47 AM
I understand that in the article Ozzie is saying he agrees with the "youth movement", thus acknowledging Anderson starting at CF (and actually I mean to add a "sort of" to my orginal post).

If the Sox acquire someone else to play CF then that is excellent-I won't get mad at all at that, in fact despite I hope it happens. I just think Anderson is the best option we have at this moment. No idea what an FOBA is either, assuming it means being a "hardcore" fan of Brian Anderson, which I am not.

That someone better not be Juan Pierre.:whiner::whiner::whiner: