PDA

View Full Version : Clubhouse Sale, Tag a Seat

soxrepublican
11-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I was listening to White Sox Weekly on 670, and Ranger Ron said that on the 6th of Dec. the Sox will have a Clubhouse sale and a pick a seat for new season tix. Anyone else have more info on this? I remember they did this a few years ago. Anyone remember how they did the seats thing? Any info will be appreciated!

DumpJerry
11-22-2008, 08:13 PM
WSI will give you speculation.

312-674-1000 will give you accurate information.

soxrepublican
11-22-2008, 08:56 PM
WSI will give you speculation.

312-674-1000 will give you accurate information.

I already did that. But im a sucker for speculation.:D:

Lundind1
11-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Last season I do remember that they sent out the press release out for that event only 4 days before it happend. I would hold tight and wait for more news.

I wonder if I can upgrade my season tickets at this thing, lol, with all the discussion about no upgrades this year and all? I'll love me some speculation too.

ChiSoxGirl
11-22-2008, 11:47 PM
I was listening to White Sox Weekly on 670, and Ranger Ron said that on the 6th of Dec. the Sox will have a Clubhouse sale and a pick a seat for new season tix. Anyone else have more info on this? I remember they did this a few years ago. Anyone remember how they did the seats thing? Any info will be appreciated!

Who is Ranger Ron? :?: :scratch: His name is Chris "The Ranger" Rongey. :wink:

hi im skot
11-23-2008, 12:35 AM

It's on his birth certificate.

soxrepublican
11-23-2008, 09:17 AM
I wonder if I can upgrade my season tickets at this thing, lol, with all the discussion about no upgrades this year and all? I'll love me some speculation too.

Thats what I was planning on doing, upgrading my season tix.

ChiSoxGirl
11-23-2008, 10:32 AM
It's on his birth certificate.

What is?

whitesoxwilkes
11-23-2008, 10:33 AM

I think he has a new nickname.

DumpJerry
11-23-2008, 11:12 AM
What is?
Ranger Rick.

chisoxfanatic
11-26-2008, 05:27 PM
I just got the following emailed to me about the event:

CHICAGO - This holiday season, the Chicago White Sox again will offer fans unique access to the home and visiting clubhouses at U.S. Cellular Field during the annual "Holiday Clubhouse Sale" the weekend of December 5-7. During the sale, new, officially licensed team merchandise, including 2008 Playoff gear, will be marked down 20 to 50 percent and sold in the White Sox home clubhouse, an area of the ballpark rarely visited by fans.

Along with official team merchandise, fans will be able to purchase White Sox gift cards, 2009 Sox Pride Club and Kids Club memberships and learn more about enrolling kids in the Junior Pride Crew. A limited number of White Sox Legacy Bricks also will be available during the three days of the clubhouse sale. Fans attending the sale during the weekend also will have the opportunity to take photos inside the ballpark, perhaps making the perfect holiday card for Sox fans.

New for this year's clubhouse sale, fans can view seats available for the 2009 season and purchase season tickets on Saturday, December 6. Other activities planned for the weekend include autograph sessions with former players and appearances by Southpaw, the White Sox mascot.

On Saturday, WSCR 670 AM will broadcast live from the visiting clubhouse, starting with White Sox Weekly at 10:00 a.m. Univision Radio's La Kalle will broadcast live from the visiting clubhouse on Sunday.

The Holiday Clubhouse Sale takes place on: Friday, December 5, 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.; Saturday, December 6, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; and Sunday, December 7, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Fans planning to attend the clubhouse sale should park their vehicles in Lot E and enter U.S. Cellular Field through the Stadium Club entrance, located between Gates 2 and 3. The cost of admission is $5, which is good towards a purchase at the clubhouse sale. A portion of the weekend's proceeds go to Chicago White Sox Charities, the organization's philanthropic arm. Tickets also will be available on whitesox.com beginning Tuesday morning. Anyone who purchases their tickets through whitesox.com will receive a 20% discount off merchandise bought online in addition to the $5 discount they will receive at the clubhouse sale.

I'm planning on going. Those of you who have gone before, did they have player t-shirts and Sox jewelery (earrings, necklaces, ect...)? 8 X 10 photos of players?

soxfan21
11-26-2008, 05:29 PM
I'll probably be there friday and sunday, looks like a lot more fun this year than last year, and will be nice to actually go in the park this time. Maybe ask about seat upgrades since they are doing the whole pick your seats out for next year thing.

btrain929
11-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Autograph sessions with former players? Holler. I'll be there.

soxfan21
12-04-2008, 10:51 PM
So who Are all going this weekend? I'll probably be there tomorrow when they open with a friend, and plan on going again on Wednesday with my girl and my sister. Should be a good time and hopefully will find some good deals there just like I did last year.

DumpJerry
12-04-2008, 11:00 PM
So who Are all going this weekend? I'll probably be there tomorrow when they open with a friend, and plan on going again on Wednesday with my girl and my sister. Should be a good time and hopefully will find some good deals there just like I did last year.
Wednesday? It's a Friday, Saturday, Sunday thing.....

BadBobbyJenks
12-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Ranger Joe, he's the coolest guy I know, Ranger Joe.

soxfan21
12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Wednesday? It's a Friday, Saturday, Sunday thing.....

I meant Friday and Sunday my bad, was pre occupied and trying to type at the same time.

ohthosechisox
12-05-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm going with my friend on Saturday morning. I didn't go last year, so I'm excited to see the clubhouse for the first time. They also said on the news tonight that there will be dugout and field access. :smile:

btrain929
12-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I'll be there tomorrow when they open, and probably back on Sat/Sun depending on what's going on there. I wanna find out what "former players" will be signing autographs....

PalehosePlanet
12-05-2008, 12:26 AM
I was actually disappointed last year with the merchandise offered for sale.

I was hoping to find authentic jerseys, Cooperstown collection fitted caps, and some of the cool t-shirts and sweatshirts that they sell at the gift shop on the 100 concourse level.

Instead there were only replica jerseys (which I won't buy) and mostly clearance type fashion caps, t-shirts and sweatshirts.

I did buy a green AJ jersey t-shirt and a pro 5950 game cap.

Hopefully there is a better selection this year.

BainesHOF
12-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Autograph sessions with former players? Holler. I'll be there.

Anyone know who's appearing when?

DumpJerry
12-05-2008, 07:06 AM

Who?

I meant Friday and Sunday my bad, was pre occupied and trying to type at the same time.
Ok. I just did not want you drive all the way in from LaSalle County on Wednesday only to find out it was in vain.

Ragator43
12-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Anyone know who's appearing when?

I have no actual info, but I'll go out on a limb and say Minnie, Moose, Pasqua, and Kittle will be there. I'd be shocked if they put Pudge out there to sign.

skobabe8
12-05-2008, 08:29 AM

:D:

That's bound to be stuck in my head all day.

btrain929
12-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I called about the former player autographs:

Saturday: Ron Kittle 12pm-130pm
Sunday: Minnie Minoso 12pm-130pm

So I'm guessing nobody today.

Lundind1
12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey, I was just at the clubhouse sale. Pretty much the same stuff unless you wanted game used baseball and some other odds and ends. I would recommend that you pick up a large WS Trophy replica. As I understand it, there were only a few of them left and only a few hundred made. They are $30 and in the visitors clubhouse. There were a few things that were on sale, lots of division champs T's and other odds and ends. Just made me feel good to be in the young lady.

The field looks weird with a bunch of snow on it. Plus they have wrpping on all the suite windows, but the place is erie as hell. Definitely worth the time to check it out. Wish they would open all the areas for tours durning this thing, hell, I'd volunteer to lead them.

Lundind1
12-05-2008, 06:04 PM
The other thing, they didn't have very many seats that you could "tag" but it was neat to see what they had available. My new rep is not the sharpest, I asked about renewals and upgrades and she looked at me like I was speaking Russian, hell I don't know Russian. And yes, I did tell her who I was and what I was looking for.

soxrepublican
12-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Anyone else go? I am going tommorow, I hope some cool stuff is left!

DumpJerry
12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
The other thing, they didn't have very many seats that you could "tag" but it was neat to see what they had available. My new rep is not the sharpest, I asked about renewals and upgrades and she looked at me like I was speaking Russian, hell I don't know Russian. And yes, I did tell her who I was and what I was looking for.
Did you give your real name or did you say "Hi! I'm Lundlind1!"?:redneck

soxrepublican
12-05-2008, 08:04 PM

He he!!

soxrepublican
12-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I just read that food was for sale. What did they have? Hopefully polish.

Lundind1
12-05-2008, 11:06 PM

She met the man behind the name. LOL. If you go to the Christmas gathering you might get to also. :makefaces:

soxfan21
12-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I went today as well. Just pickedxup an 05 ws baseball and a hoody. It was. Kinda cool to go in the dugout and see the field in the winter time. I'll probably pick up one of those clubhouse tees on Sunday, as states before they didn't have much there, but it was nice being there again and nice to think that a lot of us will be there again in 4 months and one day!

ChiSoxGirl
12-05-2008, 11:14 PM
I can't wait to go to the ballpark on Sunday! :bandance: I don't even care if I come home with anything... I just want to be back in the place we all love so much.

btrain929
12-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Did anyone notice if they had 2XL black hoodies during their searches? I'll be there Sunday regardless, mainly to get Minnie's auto and to see the Clubhouse. You guys mentioned being in the dugout and seeing the field. How was that organized? Did they have tours like every half hour or something? I doubt they said "go wonder wherever"....

soxrepublican
12-06-2008, 08:12 AM
If you go to the Christmas gathering you might get to also. :makefaces:

What Chirstmas gathering?

DumpJerry
12-06-2008, 09:18 AM
What Chirstmas gathering?
:searchfirst:

soxfan21
12-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Did anyone notice if they had 2XL black hoodies during their searches? I'll be there Sunday regardless, mainly to get Minnie's auto and to see the Clubhouse. You guys mentioned being in the dugout and seeing the field. How was that organized? Did they have tours like every half hour or something? I doubt they said "go wonder wherever"....

They just sorta let u walk to the visitors clubhouse and there was a door open to where the dugout is. Didn't really seem to organized, which I liked because it wasn't too crowded yesterday. Should work the same way this weekend, but I don't know for sure.

Lundind1
12-06-2008, 11:10 AM
They just sorta let u walk to the visitors clubhouse and there was a door open to where the dugout is. Didn't really seem to organized, which I liked because it wasn't too crowded yesterday. Should work the same way this weekend, but I don't know for sure.

Watch that top step to the rail of the visitors dugout. I saw some poor guy take on hell of a nasty spill there last night. It's pretty icy.

soxfan21
12-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Watch that top step to the rail of the visitors dugout. I saw some poor guy take on hell of a nasty spill there last night. It's pretty icy.

Right when u got outside the whole area was icy and sort of a mess. I'm sure they put a lot of salt down though for the weekend crowd.

soxfanreggie
12-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I wonder if they hold back some stuff to put out at these events. Like maybe a case of WS baseballs for each sale the next couple years. I have actually organized these types of athletic sales (college level), and the sales after we got a lot of new uniforms were much better, so we held back a few special items of each type to make sure the next sale didn't completely suck. The other thing that made it great was when the coaching staffs cleared out their closets in the offices and at home. You would be surprised the amount of brand new stuff they donated because they didn't know what they had and never wore the stuff. We had one basketball coach who probably donated $500 of brand new polo shirts and pullovers alone.

Unfortuantely, they moved to having this on-line auction site, so they put most of the cool stuff out there. I think that's a good idea because people all over the country can order stuff, but save some stuff to have it as "draw" items (a few game used jerseys, warmups, game used equipment, etc.) that will get people out to the sale so they'll buy the other stuff (shirts, shorts, sweats, etc.).

Hopefully all those out there had safe travels and found good bargains!

hi im skot
12-06-2008, 03:06 PM

I honestly forgot they had dugout access. It wasn't laid out too well, as you pointed out in your post.

Ah well...

btrain929
12-06-2008, 03:41 PM
I honestly forgot they had dugout access. It wasn't laid out too well, as you pointed out in your post.

Ah well...

Me too. After I checked out both clubhouses, I left. I'm sure if I woulda asked somebody, they would have pointed me in the right direction, but oh well. I'll be back there tomorrow to see Minnie so maybe I'll remember then. Kittle was a class act as always.

hi im skot
12-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Me too. After I checked out both clubhouses, I left. I'm sure if I woulda asked somebody, they would have pointed me in the right direction, but oh well. I'll be back there tomorrow to see Minnie so maybe I'll remember then. Kittle was a class act as always.

Where was Kittle hanging out?

soxrepublican
12-06-2008, 05:11 PM
They didnt allow field access because of the weather today, but I went out there because I asked my ticket guy to see my seat. Man is it cool to see the ballpark in winter. It brought up sooo many memorys. 4 mo left!

btrain929
12-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Where was Kittle hanging out?

Well he was scheduled to be signing autographs from 12-130pm today. I got there today at like 120pm, and he was in the Road Clubhouse/Lockerroom sitting down with Rongey and them for the 670 Radio Show. I'm guessing he was just finishing up his auto's. He signed a card for me before he sat down.

Then he was wondering around the Home Clubhouse sale looking at stuff, and he let me take a picture with him.

soxrepublican
12-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Well he was scheduled to be signing autographs from 12-130pm today. I got there today at like 120pm, and he was in the Road Clubhouse/Lockerroom sitting down with Rongey and them for the 670 Radio Show. I'm guessing he was just finishing up his auto's. He signed a card for me before he sat down.

Then he was wondering around the Home Clubhouse sale looking at stuff, and he let me take a picture with him.

Cool. Ive met Kitty many times at events and at the ballpark. He is my favorite player all time by far. I loooove Kitty, in a non perverted way.

ohthosechisox
12-06-2008, 08:35 PM
They didnt allow field access because of the weather today, but I went out there because I asked my ticket guy to see my seat. Man is it cool to see the ballpark in winter. It brought up sooo many memorys. 4 mo left!

You're lucky you still got to go out there. I was a bit disappointed about the weather conditions because I was looking forward to taking pictures out in the dugout and on the field especially with the snow. I still enjoyed seeing the clubhouse though. I'd probably go again if they have it next year. :smile:

soxrepublican
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
You're lucky you still got to go out there. I was a bit disappointed about the weather conditions because I was looking forward to taking pictures out in the dugout and on the field especially with the snow. I still enjoyed seeing the clubhouse though. I'd probably go again if they have it next year. :smile:

Defanatly will go next year. It gets me that "fix" that I need in the offseason, especially when the Bears are not too great.

Brian26
12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Happened to be downtown yesterday, so we went down to the Park in the afternoon. Saw Ranger and Whipping Boy doing the radio show in the Visitor's Clubhouse. Kittle seemed super friendly, but we didn't wait in line for him. We took a picture in Konerko's locker w/ my son and me. That was pretty much the highlight. Most of the merchandise was overpriced to begin with, so the markdowns weren't really great deals...they only made the items slightly more affordable than mlb.com since you didn't have to pay shipping or tax. Picked up a Sox snowman Christmas ornament for the tree and one of the thermafleece playoff hooded sweatshirts.

Ehren Wassermann must have had the worst locker position in the entire clubhouse. His was at the entrance of the clubhouse, one cubby-hole, squeezed between Kevin Hickey and Vince Fresso.

salty99
12-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Ehren's lucky he even had a locker at all.

MeteorsSox4367
12-07-2008, 04:52 PM
I had to work today, so I stopped in on the way home. Some decent stuff, some crap.

I'm a t-shirt geek and they had some cool ones left. Picked up a black-out t-shirt and a gray "2008 Clubhouse" t-shirt. The crowd was relatively small when I was there about 2:30.

It was pretty cool to see the Sox and visiting clubhouses, but there was no field access allowed because of the weather.

ChiSoxGirl
12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
I had to work today, so I stopped in on the way home. Some decent stuff, some crap.

I'm a t-shirt geek and they had some cool ones left. Picked up a black-out t-shirt and a gray "2008 Clubhouse" t-shirt. The crowd was relatively small when I was there about 2:30.

It was pretty cool to see the Sox and visiting clubhouses, but there was no field access allowed because of the weather.

I was there at 11:30a and didn't see either of those.

Overall, I was pretty disappointed and thought it was better last year. Almost everything was picked over and as Brian26 said, pretty overpriced even with the discounts. I'm sure the selection was better yesterday, but I couldn't go because of my great-aunt's funeral.

It was just great to be in the neighborhood again; it's been two months! I drove down 33rd St. and saw Jimbo's is totally gone, and eyed the construction going on at the ballpark after I stopped by Grandstand to see if there were any Christmas gift ideas.