PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Free Agents

wilburaga
11-21-2008, 12:22 PM
It's always bittersweet, my annual sifting through the list of minor league free agents. These are usually guys that may have had a cup of coffee in the bigs, but ultimately didn't make it. Thrown in is the occasional big league vet who's trying to rekindle a stalled career. Anyway, here's a list of some of these guys who had some history with the Sox.

Royce Ring
Sean Tracey
Chris Amador
Luis Terrero
Daniel Haigwood
Joe Valentine
Rob Mackowiak
Tony Graffanino (*)
Andy Gonzalez
Timo Perez (*)
B. J. Lamura
Gustavo Molina
Oneli Perez
Chris Stewart
Ryan Wing
Casey Rogowski
Anthony Webster
Cliff Politte (*)
D'Angelo Jimenez
Heath Phillips
Annie Munoz

(*) Helped Sox to 2005 Championship

W

DSpivack
11-21-2008, 01:23 PM
It's always bittersweet, my annual sifting through the list of minor league free agents. These are usually guys that may have had a cup of coffee in the bigs, but ultimately didn't make it. Thrown in is the occasional big league vet who's trying to rekindle a stalled career. Anyway, here's a list of some of these guys who had some history with the Sox.

Tony Graffanino (*)

W

Hah.

whitesox901
11-21-2008, 01:39 PM

Royce Ring
Sean Tracey
Chris Amador
Luis Terrero
Daniel Haigwood
Joe Valentine
Rob Mackowiak
Tony Graffanino (*)
Andy Gonzalez
Timo Perez (*)
B. J. Lamura
Gustavo Molina
Oneli Perez
Chris Stewart
Ryan Wing
Casey Rogowski
Anthony Webster
Cliff Politte (*)
D'Angelo Jimenez
Heath Phillips
Annie Munoz

W

"Oh no...through his legs...everyone's safe"

khan
11-21-2008, 01:41 PM
I used to like Haigwood when he was in the SOX organization. If memory serves, he had pretty good results at Birmingham, but was traded for Thome, no?

Was he ever a threat to make the big leagues?

doublem23
11-21-2008, 01:47 PM
That is an awful lot of garbage.

HomeFish
11-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Greedy Graffanino was JR's favorite player back in the day, but turned us down to make $100,000 more with the KC Royals.

white sox bill
11-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Tony Graffanino (*)

W
Ouch that one hurt!

white sox bill
11-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Actually Graf did us pretty good as a player (for us!). ANyone hip for bringing him back as supersub?

munchman33
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Greedy Graffanino was JR's favorite player back in the day, but turned us down to make $100,000 more with the KC Royals.

False.

He turned us down because the Royals promised him more regular playing time.

doublem23
11-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Actually Graf did us pretty good as a player (for us!). ANyone hip for bringing him back as supersub?

Uh, he played well for us 6 years ago. He's 36 now and just came off a rousing season in the National League where he hit .238.

PalehosePlanet
11-21-2008, 03:28 PM
False.

He turned us down because the Royals promised him more regular playing time.

I remember hearing it was because the Royals had more of a Christian clubhouse.

ChiSoxFan81
11-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I remember hearing it was because the Royals had more of a Christian clubhouse.

You too?

Sargeant79
11-21-2008, 04:43 PM

Royce Ring
Sean Tracey
Chris Amador
Luis Terrero
Daniel Haigwood
Joe Valentine
Rob Mackowiak
Tony Graffanino (*)
Andy Gonzalez
Timo Perez (*)
B. J. Lamura
Gustavo Molina
Oneli Perez
Chris Stewart
Ryan Wing
Casey Rogowski
Anthony Webster
Cliff Politte (*)
D'Angelo Jimenez
Heath Phillips
Annie Munoz

W

Ha...nice.

These kind of lists are always interesting...nice to see no one slipped through the cracks with us. Not a one of these names are guys I would want back.

BeeBeeRichard
11-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Annie Munoz

Threw like a girl

FedEx227
11-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Do you have a good list of the minor league free agents all around the league? I'd be very interested to see some names floating around

wilburaga
11-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Do you have a good list of the minor league free agents all around the league? I'd be very interested to see some names floating around

This is from Baseball America. I don't think you have to be a subscriber to access this.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=1786

W

MHOUSE
11-26-2008, 03:06 AM
The names on that first post go even further to prove how pathetic our minor league system has been. Some of those names were bigger pieces in trades me made or supposed to help out the club at some point and most didn't do squat with the Sox or elsewhere. Munoz makes me shudder thinking about the winless 5th starter slot of 2004.