PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Faust

soxrepublican
11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
I was wondering when was the last time you heard Nancy play the full version of Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye. I remember she used to play it after games a lot and in a lot of other situations, but now its the first chord then other canned crap.

SOXPHILE
11-21-2008, 10:52 AM
You mean the entire song from 1969 by Steam ? I always thought she just played the chorus 2 times, and that was it.

hi im skot
11-21-2008, 11:03 AM
You mean the entire song from 1969 by Steam ? I always thought she just played the chorus 2 times, and that was it.

Correct.

BainesHOF
11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately, the person who plays the canned version of Nancy doesn't have the first clue of when to play the song. None. It's embarrassing to anyone paying attention.

Lundind1
11-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Nancy still does the day games here.

cards press box
11-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I was wondering when was the last time you heard Nancy play the full version of Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye. I remember she used to play it after games a lot and in a lot of other situations, but now its the first chord then other canned crap.

I recall Nancy playing the entire song after the last game at old Comiskey park concluded. Is it possible that is the only time she played the whole song? Man, that was an emotional day.

cub killer
11-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately, the person who plays the canned version of Nancy doesn't have the first clue of when to play the song. None. It's embarrassing to anyone paying attention.

Isn't it:

1. When the Sox hit a homer

2. When an opposing pitcher gets pulled.

3. After the last out of a White Sox victory.

What mistakes has Nancy's substitute made?

hellenicsoxfan
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Isn't it:

1. When the Sox hit a homer

2. When an opposing pitcher gets pulled.

3. After the last out of a White Sox victory.

What mistakes has Nancy's substitute made?

When the Sox are losing big and the opposing pitcher is being pulled after pitching 7 2/3 scoreless innings is a time when it just doesn't sound right.

JNS
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
When the Sox are losing big and the opposing pitcher is being pulled after pitching 7 2/3 scoreless innings is a time when it just doesn't sound right.

Exactly. It isn't for when the other team just changes pitchers, it was invented for when the Sox KNOCK OUT the opposing pitcher.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, But I believe it started during that halcyon season of 1977 - as Gamble, Zisk, Soderholm, and the rest ruined a few pitchers careers.

soxrepublican
11-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I recall Nancy playing the entire song after the last game at old Comiskey park concluded. Is it possible that is the only time she played the whole song? Man, that was an emotional day.

Yes, she did. I also remember she used to play the whole one after wins.

tebman
11-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Exactly. It isn't for when the other team just changes pitchers, it was invented for when the Sox KNOCK OUT the opposing pitcher.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, But I believe it started during that halcyon season of 1977 - as Gamble, Zisk, Soderholm, and the rest ruined a few pitchers careers.

Yes. She'd been playing it occasionally in those situations, but in '77 the crowd started spontaneously singing along and it stuck.

1977 was a continuous party at the old park. :gulp:

JNS
11-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Yes. She'd been playing it occasionally in those situations, but in '77 the crowd started spontaneously singing along and it stuck.

1977 was a continuous party at the old park. :gulp:

It was Veeck's finest hour (in his second tenure as owner). I had a ball.

The song is played and sung by fans of many sports all over the world now - how many know that it originated right here on the South Side?