PDA

View Full Version : Buying an Authentic Sox jersey during 30% off sale

soxfandoug
11-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey guys,

I'm about to buy an authentic jersey from MLB.com during their 30% off sale... should i get Danks or Quentin? I can't decide!!!

(I also wanted to make sure you guys were aware of the sale... ends tonight I believe)

*edit* I see this was posted in "The Parking Lot"... Sorry if I put it in the wrong spot!

ohthosechisox
11-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm also getting a Danks jersey for Christmas! I'd go with him - there are going to be a lot more people with Quentin jerseys around, so it's something different.

oeo
11-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Dayan Viciedo.

Honestly, you can't go wrong either way. Both should be with the Sox for a long time.

I'm also getting a Danks jersey for Christmas! I'd go with him - there are going to be a lot more people with Quentin jerseys around, so it's something different.

Danks is going to a mainstay in the rotation for years...you really think it's going to be 'different' for that long?

soxfandoug
11-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Haha, Dayan Viciedo... that would be pretty cool, though a big waste of money if he doesn't pan out. The last jersey I bought was a Joe Borchard jersey, so I've been down that road before. (To be honest though, I absolutely love my Borchard jersey!)

The only reason I'm considering Carlos is the jersey at MLB.com has an 08 All Star Game patch, which seems pretty cool.

ohthosechisox
11-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Danks is going to a mainstay in the rotation for years...you really think it's going to be 'different' for that long?

Nope, but I still believe you'll see a lot more Quentin jerseys and player tees around the ballpark next year than Danks.

This issue doesn't really matter though. I hope Doug just buys the jersey of the player he likes best. They're both great choices.

soxfandoug
11-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Well, my current favorite Sox player is Mark Buehrle, but I already have a Buehrle jersey (though it is signed and framed), so I'm hesitant to get another. My next favorite current Sox players are probably Danks and CQ (now that Crede is all but gone *sniff*).

I agree Quentin jerseys will almost certainly be the most popular of the "new breed" of Sox players... but for some reason I really like the idea of the all star patch on the sleeve. Something slightly different, ya know? I think I'll go with the Quentin. Also, I don't think the Quentin is considered a custom jersey, so I should be able to return it if it doesn't fit.

hi im skot
11-20-2008, 11:38 PM
You can't go wrong either way. I picked up a camouflage Danks jersey this summer. Complete ugly and ridiculous, yet somehow awesome.

doublem23
11-20-2008, 11:43 PM
What are you Danks jersey folks going to do when Jordan makes the big league team and John's jersey says JOH. DANKS on the back?

Look foolish. That's what.

soxfandoug
11-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Haha, I wish I had the guts to wear one of those Camo jerseys... I thought about picking up one of the 1983 throwback jerseys that they wore on Harold Baines day... but I decided a huge horizontal stripe across the chest wasn't a good idea for me, lol.

soxfandoug
11-20-2008, 11:47 PM
What are you Danks jersey folks going to do when Jordan makes the big league team and John's jersey says JOH. DANKS on the back?

Look foolish. That's what.

Lmao. For some reason I'm picturing these words coming from the Geico Gecko, which makes it even funnier.

The Critic
11-23-2008, 10:45 AM
I enjoy seeing the people at Sox and Hawks games who have personalized jerseys of lesser-known players. I love seeing a Paco Martin jersey or a Wayne Van Dorp jersey. Brings back memories for me!

gobears1987
11-24-2008, 12:13 AM
I enjoy seeing the people at Sox and Hawks games who have personalized jerseys of lesser-known players. I love seeing a Paco Martin jersey or a Wayne Van Dorp jersey. Brings back memories for me!
But you also end up seeing people at Sox games wearing Jaime Navarro jerseys (wouldn't want to be seen in public with one).