PDA

View Full Version : David DeJesus

mogey33
11-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Fred Heubner reporting on the score update about the Coco Crisp trade opening up the Royals' roster for possibly being able to trade David DeJesus.

I know he is a White Sox killer, a great centerfielder, and I believe he is capable of the leadoff position.

1) Would the Royals trade DeJesus to a team in their own division?
2) What would it take?

Domeshot17
11-19-2008, 10:44 AM
11 of 19 stolen bases is your leadoff man?

I like him a lot, he would be a fine number 2 hitter, but he is not a lead off man.

The royals and sox have dealt before, and he isn't earth shattering good, so maybe. Im not sure what he would cost us, I know Broadway and Owens won't get it done.

munchman33
11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Fred Heubner reporting on the score update about the Coco Crisp trade opening up the Royals' roster for possibly being able to trade David DeJesus.

I know he is a White Sox killer, a great centerfielder, and I believe he is capable of the leadoff position.

2) What would it take?

He's not a great center fielder or leadoff hitter, actually. But the Royals would trade him to us, yes. Probalby cost us a guy like Clayton.

Thome25
11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
I highly doubt that the Royals trade him at all let alone to a team within the same division.

Craig Grebeck
11-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I'd love to have him leadoff. Good OBP and quite a bit of pop. Unfortunately, he can't play CF.

Lukin13
11-19-2008, 10:54 AM

2) What would it take?

Welcome.

Not only is DeJesus not a great centerfielder, he is a BAD centerfielder.

I pray to the baseball Gods that KW doesn't bring in yet another marginal corner outfielder to play CF.

esbrechtel
11-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Shouldn't there be a "?" in the thread title

Thome25
11-19-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the KW experimentation with ex-Royals needs to officially end. *prays*

spiffie
11-19-2008, 11:07 AM
I know! Jermaine Dye has been quite the bust hasn't he?!

NLaloosh
11-19-2008, 11:10 AM
I like DeJesus. He's a nice player but not a good fit for the Sox right now.

Rockabilly
11-19-2008, 11:12 AM

So you think the Sox shouldn't go after Carlos Beltran, since he is an ex- Royal

Gammons Peter
11-19-2008, 11:16 AM
I know! Jermaine Dye has been quite the bust hasn't he?!

That doesnt count because JD did not come directly from KC. The trip to Oakland gave him time to wash off the Royal stink

LoveYourSuit
11-19-2008, 11:22 AM
I would love to have DeJesus. The guy has been a good player with no talent around him. He could do good things for us. He is way much better lead off hitter than Cabrera, so why not lead off.

CF could be a problem, but look at the what we had there last year in Swisher and Griffey... not good either. DeJesus is not worse than those two.

But if you move Dye, then you move Quentin to RF and DeJesus to LF and then we continue to shop for another CF or maybe let BA run with it.

Dejesus with a good 2nd hitter backing him up will by a nice. I always liked the Dejesus + Grudz combo in KC ....unfortuantely the 3-4-5 in that order sucked to get anything productive done after that.

doublem23
11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
So you think the Sox shouldn't go after Carlos Beltran, since he is an ex- Royal

KW shouldn't go after ****ty ex-Royals.

Zisk77
11-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Dejesus is a below average fielder with a very weak arm. he is not a good leadoff hitter as he isn't fast and not a real good hitter (he is coming off a career year at the plate hough) he would make a decent #2 hitter as he can handle the bat situationally well.

KC would definately trade with us, hell they do it all the time.

I'd be interested in Teahen (but not for leadoff) from the royals not Dejesus.

Tragg
11-19-2008, 12:39 PM
The problem has been trading for Royals' current relief pitchers.
Hard to believe that bullpen parts of a 70 win team haven't been big contributors to pennant contenders.

btrain929
11-19-2008, 01:51 PM
If there was someway we could get Furcal to leadoff and play SS, I'd love to have DeJesus in CF batting 2nd. Career .287/.360, but the main attraction is his that he'll be only 29 on opening day, and has a great contract:
2009: 3.6 million
2010: 4.7 million
2011: 6.0 million club option

oeo
11-19-2008, 02:06 PM
If there was someway we could get Furcal to leadoff and play SS, I'd love to have DeJesus in CF batting 2nd. Career .287/.360, but the main attraction is his that he'll be only 29 on opening day, and has a great contract:
2009: 3.6 million
2010: 4.7 million
2011: 6.0 million club option

So why do the Royals want to move him then? Coco Crisp is going in center, and Joey Gathright is getting bumped to the bench because he's not very good (in fact, terrible).

btrain929
11-19-2008, 02:26 PM
So why do the Royals want to move him then? Coco Crisp is going in center, and Joey Gathright is getting bumped to the bench because he's not very good (in fact, terrible).

I never said they did, and I didn't say it'd come cheaply. They do have 4 OF'ers right now, though, with Dejesus, Crisp, Teahan, and Guillen. You figure the 1B/DH will be a combination of Jacobs and Butler. But those are just reasons why I'd love for him to be on the Sox. How realistic that is, only KW knows.

FedEx227
11-19-2008, 02:36 PM

You take that back! You will never speak of my man crush like that!

...I know, he does suck. :(:

turners56
11-19-2008, 02:55 PM
I'd love to have him leadoff. Good OBP and quite a bit of pop. Unfortunately, he can't play CF.

The Royals outfield is 420 to center. Ours is to 400. He'll have a much easier time at the Cell. He'll be an upgrade over Swisher, that's for sure.

cbrownson13
11-19-2008, 02:57 PM
The Royals outfield is 420 to center. Ours is to 400. He'll have a much easier time at the Cell. He'll be an upgrade over Swisher, that's for sure.

No, it's 420' in Detroit. 410' at Kauffman

LoveYourSuit
11-19-2008, 03:17 PM

Still, US Cellular Field is one of the easiest CF to play. Wind conditions do get rough, but dimensions are favorable for a not so great ranging Outfielder.

Everett, Swisher, Machowiak, Griffey have played out there, you think DeJesus can be worse than those guys?

Konerko05
11-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Still, US Cellular Field is one of the easiest CF to play. Wind conditions do get rough, but dimensions are favorable for a not so great ranging Outfielder.

Everett, Swisher, Machowiak, Griffey have played out there, you think DeJesus can be worse than those guys?

How about the Sox actually throw a real centerfielder out there. The players you listed were liabilities in CF (Swisher to a much lesser extent). Just because the Sox have thrown horrible defenders out there in the past, it doesn't mean it has to continue.

cbrownson13
11-19-2008, 03:29 PM

No. I don't. I would probably be in support of the Sox getting DeJesus. I was just pointing out the correct dimensions of Kauffman.

Zisk77
11-19-2008, 03:30 PM

Yes, and you'll notice it everytime a player gets a single to cf with a man on second...automatic run because he cannot throw. All of the above had howitzers compared to Dejesus and non-of the above are noted for their arms.

He also takes bad routes to balls and has made his share of miscues and thats just against us. he's better than machowiak though.

turners56
11-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Ooops.

oeo
11-19-2008, 05:07 PM
I never said they did, and I didn't say it'd come cheaply. They do have 4 OF'ers right now, though, with Dejesus, Crisp, Teahan, and Guillen. You figure the 1B/DH will be a combination of Jacobs and Butler. But those are just reasons why I'd love for him to be on the Sox. How realistic that is, only KW knows.

I forgot about Guillen. I still don't get why they signed him...terrible move considering their standpoint as an organization.

btrain929
11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I forgot about Guillen. I still don't get why they signed him...terrible move considering their standpoint as an organization.

Agree 200%.

tm1119
11-19-2008, 08:36 PM
I think Teahen will be the one to go. Apparently the Cubs are offering them Pie for him. Too much potential for a building franchise like the Royals to pass up.

rookieroy
11-19-2008, 09:02 PM
DeJesus is injury prone and just average in most catagories. I'm sure the players and fans in KC would like to see him go.

This type of player does not fit KW 's player profile. The media in Chicago would eat him up. Pass Kenny.

champagne030
11-19-2008, 10:05 PM
I think Teahen will be the one to go. Apparently the Cubs are offering them Pie for him. Too much potential for a building franchise like the Royals to pass up.

I've heard that the Cubs are hot and heavy for T-bag too. They've got the pieces to make that happen, but I'd pass on Pie. I still don't know what this does for the Cubs. Move Fukudome to CF? That's a horrible, horrible defensive outfield. And it's not like Teahan kills RH's.

oeo
11-19-2008, 10:07 PM

****ing hilarious how every Cubs rumor has them giving up a piece or two of garbage, and that's it.

I've heard that the Cubs are hot and heavy for T-bag too. They've got the pieces to make that happen, but I'd pass on Pie. I still don't know what this does for the Cubs. Move Fukudome to CF? That's a horrible, horrible defensive outfield. And it's not like Teahan kills RH's.

It's not like Teahan kills anyone (except the Sox). He's not very good.

SoxNation05
11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
****ing hilarious how every Cubs rumor has them giving up a piece or two of garbage, and that's it.

It's not like Teahan kills anyone (except the Sox). He's not very good. This is another guy that Hawk has a throbbing boner over for no reason.

Ew.

tm1119
11-19-2008, 10:22 PM

It's not like Teahan kills anyone (except the Sox). He's not very good. This is another guy that Hawk has a throbbing boner over for no reason.

Whether you want to admit it or not Pie is a legit prospect. And you are exactly right, Teahen is not very good. So why wouldnt this be a viable trade option? The Royals would have nothing to lose except a back-up and the possibility of gaining Pie if he finally lives up to his potential.

Konerko05
11-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Ew.

Ew? I find the phrase "Hawk's throbbing boner" delightful.

btrain929
11-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Whether you want to admit it or not Pie is a legit prospect. And you are exactly right, Teahen is not very good. So why wouldnt this be a viable trade option? The Royals would have nothing to lose except a back-up and the possibility of gaining Pie if he finally lives up to his potential.

How long is that title gonna last with him? Cuz I've been hearing it for a long ass time now and he still ain't done **** on the major league level. He's 24, so I guess he'll get it together by the time he's 28 :rolleyes:. If he's so good, why did they sign a guy who looked to be injured and over the hill at the time in Edmonds, instead of just go with Pie?

oeo
11-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Ew?.....

Wow, didn't think that would offend so many people. I deleted it.

But since you guys quoted it, it sticks.

Konerko05
11-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Wow, didn't think that would offend so many people. I deleted it.

But since you guys quoted it, it sticks.

I wasn't offended in the slightest. I actually found it fairly humorous.