PDA

View Full Version : Dodger / Sox Spring training tix info - Yikes !

Parrothead
11-17-2008, 07:23 PM
After announcing the team's spring-training schedule the Dodgers also announced the top ticket for spring training was $125 for a premium (i.e., weekend) game. Almost 700 seats for every game will be sold at that price.

That VIP ticket includes more than just a seat in the sun. It includes premium VIP parking (normally $10), a $20 VIP concessions coupon; a VIP premium item; and complimentary VIP water and sunscreen.

When the White Sox begin playing spring games at Glendale they'll offer the same ticket deal. Of course, it's not yet determined when the White Sox will begin play at Glendale; the team continues to negotiate with Pima County for a release of the team's lease at Tucson Electric Park, which runs through 2012.

soltrain21
11-17-2008, 07:28 PM
VIP water and sunscreen? How exclusive.

MarySwiss
11-17-2008, 07:53 PM
After announcing the team's spring-training schedule the Dodgers also announced the top ticket for spring training was $125 for a premium (i.e., weekend) game. Almost 700 seats for every game will be sold at that price.

That VIP ticket includes more than just a seat in the sun. It includes premium VIP parking (normally $10), a $20 VIP concessions coupon; a VIP premium item; and complimentary VIP water and sunscreen.

When the White Sox begin playing spring games at Glendale they'll offer the same ticket deal. Of course, it's not yet determined when the White Sox will begin play at Glendale; the team continues to negotiate with Pima County for a release of the team's lease at Tucson Electric Park, which runs through 2012.

That's hard to believe, unless they're talking about some sort of ST season ticket package. Who would pay that? It's insane.

Link?

Although I guess if you're a diehard Dodgers fan, it might be worth it. After all, you don't have to pay plane fare to Sarasota.

Sockinchisox
11-17-2008, 08:01 PM
According to this AP article, $90 is their highest price. Not like a makes a difference the prices are still insane.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2008/11/14/20081114spt-dodgersspring.html

champagne030
11-17-2008, 08:03 PM

:reinsy

"Son, do you think I made my fortune paying for buyouts? That $5M will be coming directly from you, the paying customer."

Parrothead
11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
That's hard to believe, unless they're talking about some sort of ST season ticket package. Who would pay that? It's insane.

Link?

Although I guess if you're a diehard Dodgers fan, it might be worth it. After all, you don't have to pay plane fare to Sarasota.

http://ballparkdigest.com/news/index.html?article_id=349

AZSoxPosse
11-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Last year at the Sox vs Dodgers ST game, the first time the Dodgers ever played in AZ, I paid $7.50 for a beer. Prices have gotten way out of hand for ST since it has become one of AZ's biggest tourist draws. A study done here by the local ST baseball authority reported that SF Giants fans spend the most per person while visiting here, whereas the fans who spend the least per person are Sox fans. I'm sure Dodgers fans, considering their ongoing rivalry with their NL neighbors to the north, will be spending similar dollar amounts per person by driving prices up even further with ridiculous promotions like this VIP stuff. This will negatively effect Sox fans who, unfortunately, attend ST to see baseball, not to be seen.

A.T. Money
11-24-2008, 03:46 PM
That kind of money for a spring training game?

I'll pass.

havelj
11-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Relax and don't let the media shock you. If you dig further, 95% of the tickets are $30 or less including a bunch at $8 a game.

Read on:
http://insidethedodgers.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/11/camelback_ranch.html