PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to trade Ray?

MattSharp
05-20-2002, 09:25 PM
Ok, now I know that I have been negative on here before but regardless I have been thinking. And this has nothing to do with tonight (even though Ray sucked tonight), I have had this idea for a while. Ray's average is back down to around .250. After a huge start he has come back down to earth. He is still a fast 2B with power so I think he has some value. I was thinking, if we traded Ray, CLee, and some prospects we might be able to get a front-line starter, like a No. 2 guy. What do you guys think.....

CerberusWG
05-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Yes, IMO, Ray should be traded.

For Omar Daal.

duke of dorwood
05-20-2002, 09:56 PM
See what you can get-cut our losses. We aint gonna get rich trading Ray

Garrison
05-20-2002, 10:57 PM
Trade some combination of Lee and/or Durham and prospects whatever to Cleaveland for Colon. Move Ritchie to the 3rd starter and put Danny at #5 to develop with Garland at #4 until Biddle is ready to start then move Jon to the pen where he belongs. It seems that the Injuns are shopping Bartolo anyways.

chisoxt
05-20-2002, 11:04 PM
The funny thing about Ray is that his average goes up and down lke a yo-yo and it always seems to bottom out at .250. The pisser about his hitting slumps is that he takes it out into the field with him and his defense suffers, too. It does us no good whatsoever to trade a guy who is not playing well. Let him get on a bit of a roll, then deal him. Ofcourse, once he is playing well, no one will want to trade him.

ISUSoxfan
05-20-2002, 11:28 PM
We need to keep Ray. Does anyone else remember the 2000 playoffs? He is one of the few guys who played well. Ray always comes through in big games. Ray is a major reason we started so good this year, then he got hurt. Now we are playing non-division rivals in May, and Ray is struggling. This is common, and we have to learn to live with it, because when it comes pennant race time and the Twins and Indians come to town, Ray is the guy we need at 2B and at the plate. Don't worry about his stats. Worry about making the post season, and winning in October. That is when Ray will excell. The Ray we saw in the first month of the season will be back for the last month, and in our big divisional games in between. The worst thing we could do is trade him. Ray should be made untradable.

Daver
05-20-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by ISUSoxfan
We need to keep Ray. Does anyone else remember the 2000 playoffs? He is one of the few guys who played well. Ray always comes through in big games. Ray is a major reason we started so good this year, then he got hurt. Now we are playing non-division rivals in May, and Ray is struggling. This is common, and we have to learn to live with it, because when it comes pennant race time and the Twins and Indians come to town, Ray is the guy we need at 2B and at the plate. Don't worry about his stats. Worry about making the post season, and winning in October. That is when Ray will excell. The Ray we saw in the first month of the season will be back for the last month, and in our big divisional games in between. The worst thing we could do is trade him. Ray should be made untradable.

:ray

They don't call me the Fire Hydrant for nothing,I'm immovable!!

voodoochile
05-21-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Garrison
Trade some combination of Lee and/or Durham and prospects whatever to Cleaveland for Colon. Move Ritchie to the 3rd starter and put Danny at #5 to develop with Garland at #4 until Biddle is ready to start then move Jon to the pen where he belongs. It seems that the Injuns are shopping Bartolo anyways.

Why would Cleveland take on Ray's $6 million salary when they are trying to cut payroll? Why would they trade Fatolo to a divisional rival?

Garrison
05-21-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Why would Cleveland take on Ray's $6 million salary when they are trying to cut payroll? Why would they trade Fatolo to a divisional rival?

Just a thought. :smile:

Randar68
05-21-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

As for the first part, they could turn around and trade him again or let him walk at season's end and hope to get a draft pick out of it. IN addition, the trade would likely be more for the prospects/Lee-type players they would receive.

As for the divisional rival thing, who knows, stranger things have happened...

BTW, for all you Willie Harris fans out there, while he is batting over .300, his OBP is only in the 3.40 range. Hummel, while he is struggling at the plate and concentrating more on defense, has an OBP more than 100 points higher than his average.