Dodgers
Angels
Padres

D'Backs
Rockies
Rangers
Astros

with the divison winners and the next 2 best records making the playoffs

midwest and west coast teams in one conference and the 3 east coast divisons in the other conf..

dickallen15
11-16-2008, 01:19 PM
look a lot like this with every team playing with a DH

White Sox
Cubs
Twins
Brewers
Cards
Royals

B Jays
Cleveland
Reds
Pirates
Tigers

Yankees
Mets
Red Sox
Phillies

Orioles
Nats
Braves
Rays
Marlins

Giants
Seattle
A's
Dodgers
Angels
Padres

D'Backs
Rockies
Rangers
Astros

Depending how bad and long this recession or depression goes, it wouldn't surprise me if there is some re-alignment. It could really cut travel costs. I read somewhere that if the economy doesn't improve for a while, you will see teams on 3 week roadtrips to cut costs.

turners56
11-16-2008, 01:32 PM
look a lot like this with every team playing with a DH

White Sox
Cubs
Twins
Brewers
Cards
Royals

B Jays
Cleveland
Reds
Pirates
Tigers

Yankees
Mets
Red Sox
Phillies

Orioles
Nats
Braves
Rays
Marlins

Giants
Seattle
A's
Dodgers
Angels
Padres

D'Backs
Rockies
Rangers
Astros

midwest and west coast teams in one conference and the 3 east coast divisons in the other conf..

Under the current MLB rules, those can't possibly happen.

Rockabilly
11-16-2008, 01:33 PM
it sucks for the people out on the east coast that have to start watching games at 10pm, when their team plays a west coast team.

whitesox901
11-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Why not just put the White Sox in their own division by themselves, champions every year right???

Rockabilly
11-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Under the current MLB rules, those can't possibly happen.

hopefully Bud Selig can change that rule..

soltrain21
11-16-2008, 02:06 PM
I'd rather see every team not use a DH as opposed to using a DH. I greatly dislike the DH, it just so happens my favorite team is in the American League.

Rockabilly
11-16-2008, 02:09 PM
I'd rather see every team not use a DH as opposed to using a DH. I greatly dislike the DH, it just so happens my favorite team is in the American League.

So you rather see a pitcher take 3 pitches than sit down, rather than seeing Thome at bat

DumpJerry
11-16-2008, 02:10 PM
So, we get stuck with a six team division while some teams have the luxury of a four team division?

No thank you.

Rockabilly
11-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Also look at the world series tv ratings being so down.. Hardly anyone on the west coast care about seeing 2 east coast teams in the Series..

My way you would have a east coast team vs west or mid west team world series...

think about a White Sox vs Yankees World Series

Lip Man 1
11-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Turner:

Why not? I'm not familiar with a rule saying for example that the Giants and A's can't be in the same division.

Can you post more information on this?

Lip

I want Mags back
11-16-2008, 03:41 PM
:threadsucks

awful idea IMO

Brian26
11-16-2008, 03:59 PM

There should never be conferences in baseball.

Brian26
11-16-2008, 04:01 PM
it sucks for the people out on the east coast that have to start watching games at 10pm, when their team plays a west coast team.

Rather than tinkering with the league format that has generally been established for the past 107 years, why not just start the games at 8pm Eastern Time? Seems like an easy solution.

Rockabilly
11-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Rather than tinkering with the league format that has generally been established for the past 107 years, why not just start the games at 8pm Eastern Time? Seems like an easy solution.

that means the games on the west coast would start at 5 pm.. A lot of people are still at work...

DSpivack
11-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Am I in the minority that I actually want to keep two different leagues with one having the DH and one not?

PKalltheway
11-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Am I in the minority that I actually want to keep two different leagues with one having the DH and one not?
I agree with you. If the NL doesn't want the DH, fine, more power to them. It's just one of the quirks about baseball. I have no league preference anyway, I just enjoy watching baseball. It just so happens that my favorite team is an AL team, which means they use the DH. I'm fine with that.

thomas35forever
11-16-2008, 06:13 PM
No way. That eliminates the two leagues. The World Series has always been the American League champion vs. the National League champion. Why change what's been in place for 105 years?

TheCommander
11-17-2008, 05:21 PM

Tivo/DVR is your friend. :wink:

I want Mags back
11-17-2008, 05:35 PM

no, I'm with you, and most people who also agree probably skip this pointless thread.
because watching a recorded game is the same as watching it live. :rolleyes:

cub killer
11-17-2008, 06:23 PM
That's not a bad idea. Just have all these divisions as part of MLB and not have any conferences. Conferences and baseball go together as well as flub and White Sox fans rooting for the other's team. Oil and water.

Anyway, there's been talks about making the NL all West teams and the AL all East teams, to cut down on traveling costs. I haven't heard about the no cubs-Sox, Mets-Yanks in same division clause. Maybe someone can post a link on that.

At this point, nothing MLB does will surprise me. The tie in '02, WS HFA being decided in the ASG, infield puddles during the WS. Who knows what will happen to our game in the future. We do have to speak out on it though because if we don't, the powers that be can destroy it.

soltrain21
11-17-2008, 06:32 PM

They shouldn't have to have Tivo or DVR to see a full game.