PDA

View Full Version : We need a kick in the ass

OEO Magglio
05-20-2002, 08:57 PM
Everytime we get down in the game early, we look like we give up, something is going wrong here, we need something to happen and give this team a kick in the ass and wake them up, cause they are much better then how they are playing.

guillen4life13
05-20-2002, 09:10 PM
i couldn't disagree if i wanted 2.

KempersRS
05-20-2002, 09:51 PM
I think if there was actually some talent in the division, that might be a kick in the ass. It seems like we are getting killed and just don't care because we know the Twins aren't going to do jack. Getting smashed isn't waking them up, maybe they will do something if the Twins start winning some games. Obviously, I am reaching, but what else is going to get these guys going again?

duke of dorwood
05-20-2002, 10:01 PM
One thing is clear-good teams win on nights they are not at their best. We get murdered when we are not at our best. This team is underachieving. And that points to the motivation, and it just isnt there every day.

Garrison
05-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Well I am confident that our manager will realize our team's underachievement and light a fire under them using his energy, passion, and motivational skills. He will get them to live up to their potential and win some ballgames. I believe in JM.

Oh wait..........who am I kidding?

Procol Harum
05-20-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
One thing is clear-good teams win on nights they are not at their best. We get murdered when we are not at our best. This team is underachieving. And that points to the motivation, and it just isnt there every day.

If good teams win on nights when they don't play their best, and we get murdered that makes us.....??

I'll guess slightly better than .500, as our record unfortunately seems to indicate. Our pitching is average at best and our offense...well, I'll try to hope charitably that we're in a feast or famine cycle. Da troof is we should be thankful we're in our el-lame-o division. If we were in the East or the West we'd have no shot at the wild card, to say nothing of a division title. I hope they prove me wrong in the long haul, but barring a miraculous development of our young pitchers, does anybody on this board realistically expect us to win 90 or more games?

JUGGERNAUT
05-20-2002, 10:16 PM
We are a better than average team, in a below average division.

Right now .. are we better than the ...
Twinkees? maybe.
Seattle? no.
Angels? no.
Bosox? maybe.
Yankees? maybe.
A's? yes.
Rangers? yes.
Tigers? yes.
Royals? yes.
Injuns? yes.
Orioles? yes.
Toronto? maybe.
Rays? yes.

So at best we can beat 12/14 teams, & at worst we can beat 7/14 teams.

Something needs to be done to shake up this club.

Our BP avgs 2 runs a gm!
Our SP is better than most.
Our lineup is great vs bad pitching, good vs mediocre pitching, sleeps vs good pitching, forgets to show up vs great pitching.
'
The best way to shake them up is fire a oach or trade a player. Hitting instructor, Nardi, Lee or Ray. Pick one.

Procol Harum
05-20-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by espnjohn1
We are a better than average team, in a below average division.

Right now .. are we better than the ...

Bosox? maybe.
Yankees? maybe.
A's? yes.

ESPNjohn1, are you talking about the 1993 Sox? We were better than New York, Boston and Oakland that year, but all three of those teams in this particular space/time continuum are clearly better than our 2002 Pale Hose.

baggio202
05-21-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

ESPNjohn1, are you talking about the 1993 Sox? We were better than New York, Boston and Oakland that year, but all three of those teams in this particular space/time continuum are clearly better than our 2002 Pale Hose.

well boston and new are clearly better..oaktown??/ they are suffering the same way we are...but clearly if we were in either west or east we would be getting our brains beat out by the top two teams in the division...it would 40 or so very ugly games