PDA

View Full Version : Orioles Are From Baltimore Again........For The 1st Time Since 1972.

Thome25
11-13-2008, 09:08 PM
The Orioles have changed their uniforms ever so slightly. The bird on the cap is a little different and for the first time in over 30 years they will acknowledge the city name "Baltimore" on the road greys.

Here's the link:

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081112&content_id=3675825&vkey=news_bal&fext=.jsp&c_id=bal

Follow the photo gallery link at the top of the article. Sorry if this was posted already. I like their new road greys. What do you think?

THANKS for posting!!

thomas35forever
11-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Not bad. So the diamond in the logo is officially out then?

turners56
11-13-2008, 09:34 PM
What's with all the uniform changes around the DC area?

oeo
11-13-2008, 09:37 PM
What's with all the uniform changes around the DC area?

Trying to get some good mojo going? :dunno:

Sox4ever77
11-13-2008, 11:49 PM
They need to switch back to that Duck-like bird on their cap. I read that the Orioles have never won a WS when wearing the cap with the correct design of the Oriole bird.

Marqhead
11-14-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm liking the new road jerseys....may have to pick one up since I'm in the area :redneck.

SaltyPretzel
11-14-2008, 08:39 AM
I like their new road greys. What do you think?

I think they're nice. However, I don't like the Orioles script lettering on the right sleeve, especially since there's already a patch on the left one.

BTW, anyone else think their mascot is totally annoying?

doublem23
11-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Love 'em.

City name should always be on your road grety (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, ST. LOUIS CARDINALS).

Thome25
11-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Love 'em.

City name should always be on your road grety (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, ST. LOUIS CARDINALS).

I agree. The Philles are another team that doesn't acknowledge their home city on their road greys. Are there any others?

Railsplitter
11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
The O's will also be wearing a patch on their left sleeves with a the Maryland flag pattern in a circle. This is due to the Nationals making inroads in the orioles fan base in Maryland.

doublem23
11-14-2008, 10:58 AM
The O's will also be wearing a patch on their left sleeves with a the Maryland flag pattern in a circle. This is due to the Nationals making inroads in the orioles fan base in Maryland.

People are jumping ship from a crappy team to a terrible team?

:?:

Sox4ever77
11-14-2008, 12:54 PM
People are jumping ship from a crappy team to a terrible team?

:?:

No people are becoming a fan of a team that is closer to where they live.
And didn't WSI rip Rays fans for jumping on their bandwagon this year? Now we rip people for becoming fans of a terrible team.

ComiskeyBrewer
11-14-2008, 01:15 PM
I agree. The Philles are another team that doesn't acknowledge their home city on their road greys. Are there any others?

Milwaukee.

doublem23
11-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Now we rip people for becoming fans of a terrible team.

They're not jumping on the bandwagon, they're abandoing their old team for a new one (one that sucks way harder than their old team, mind you).

Would you ever jump ship on the Sox because it was more convienent? **** these DC fans. They deserve the Nats.

P.S. Can people stop this annoying habit of taking one person's post and then proclaiming "this is what WSI thinks?" I don't speak for the 11,000 members here. The crazy guy in the Clubhouse who thinks we should dump Gavin Floyd doesn't either. Nor do any of the nuts in WTS proposing a trade/free agency signing for just about every player in professional baseball.

I want Mags back
11-14-2008, 01:32 PM
new hat logo is terrible. The white over shines the rest of it. Maryland patch is ****ty as well.

DSpivack
11-14-2008, 01:36 PM

Making inroads? Small ones, anyway. The Nats' tv ratings are laughably low.

BleacherBandit
11-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I love the new Maryland flag patches. I've always enjoyed the Maryland state flag that looked like the old England nobility flags.

The new road jersey kind of reminds me of their old ones from the 60's with the darker grey color.

delben91
11-14-2008, 02:07 PM
They're not jumping on the bandwagon, they're abandoing their old team for a new one (one that sucks way harder than their old team, mind you).

Would you ever jump ship on the Sox because it was more convienent? **** these DC fans. They deserve the Nats.

FWIW, my grandfather is one of those "jumping ship" from Orioles to Nats fandom. He grew up near DC and was a huge fan of the Senators. Once the team moved away the second time, he started following the Orioles for lack of another local team (and being sick to his stomach at the thought of rooting for Texas or Minnesota).

When the Nationals returned to DC...well, I've rarely seen him so happy, and he's been a huge, though disappointed with regards to their performance, Nats fan since.

Just sayin, not all "new" Nats fans are that way because they're fickle.

AZChiSoxFan
11-14-2008, 03:48 PM
new hat logo is terrible. The white over shines the rest of it. Maryland patch is ****ty as well.

I'm fine with the patch, but I totally agree on the hat. I think they should have left the bird on the hat alone. Also, I liked the all black hat with the bird, which it looks like they have abandoned. Now, they only have a hat with an orange bill. I like a clean, crisp looking hat. I don't like the Cubs at all, but I pefer their all blue hat, to the one with the red bill.

AZChiSoxFan
11-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Making inroads? Small ones, anyway. The Nats' tv ratings are laughably low.

Reminds me a of a funny comment I heard.

Disclaimer: this is NOT a political comment, it is a joke about a bad baseball team.

Apparantly this past summer, Ralph Nader was complaining to the Washington Post about the fact that they weren't covering his campaign. The Post aswered by stating "we don't cover those who have no chance to win." To which Nader replied "Then why did you cover the Nationals all summer?"

Law11
11-14-2008, 03:55 PM
I love the new Maryland flag patches. I've always enjoyed the Maryland state flag that looked like the old England nobility flags.

The new road jersey kind of reminds me of their old ones from the 60's with the darker grey color.

The Sox need to have the Chicago flag on theirs IMO.

Red Barchetta
11-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Love 'em.

There have been a few over the years including the Cubs. (Remember those horrible away jerseys that looked like "CUBA"?! :o: However we can't be too tough on these other teams. I think the SOX wear the Black Altnerate jerseys way too much, especially on the road. So basically, we're only wearing the "Chicago" script on the road part of the time.

Chrisaway
11-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Definitely like the new Baltimore road duds.

MeteorsSox4367
11-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Love the Orioles new road jerseys. Thought they should always have the city on there. Also love the logo with the bird swinging the bat.