PDA

View Full Version : The Btrain Nick Swisher Trade Bet

Brian26
11-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Did Btrain this afternoon delete the first quoted post shown below? It has mysteriously disappeared from the site, although you can see it in its original form in the quoted portion of my previous messages. Totally lame if he came on here and deleted this message from a little over a week ago.

How about this: I guaranteed Nick Swisher is NOT traded this offseason. I'll put money on it. Let me know if you want in, old man...(re: Daver)

I'll take some of that action. I would not be surprised in the least if Swisher is traded.

Well let me know the stakes and let the games begin

I'll bet you a churro and $5 in Comiskey Cash that Swisher is gone by Opening Day.

I'll take a chocolate churro. Let me know when I can collect. Be glad I'm not an ******* and didn't ask for Jim Beam seats.

thomas35forever
11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
*Dum dum dum*

Pay up, btrain.

Daver
11-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Did Btrain this afternoon delete the first quoted post shown below? It has mysteriously disappeared from the site, although you can see it in its original form in the quoted portion of my previous messages.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did, so far all he has shown is an ability to attempt to insult me.

GoGoCrede
11-13-2008, 06:59 PM
I'll take a chocolate churro. Let me know when I can collect. Be glad I'm not an ******* and didn't ask for Jim Beam seats.

This is kind of missing the point of your post, but are the chocolate churros good? I've had a strawberry one before and hated it. The regular ones are my favorite.

dickallen15
11-13-2008, 07:01 PM
He was the first guy I thought of when I heard about the deal.

hi im skot
11-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Well played, Brian. Well played.

cws05champ
11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
This is kind of missing the point of your post, but are the chocolate churros good? I've had a strawberry one before and hated it. The regular ones are my favorite.

Is this even a question...it's a churro, it's chocolate. What's not to love??

GoGoCrede
11-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Is this even a question...it's a churro, it's chocolate. What's not to love??

:redneck But is it dipped in chocolate or what?

Er, on topic...well played! What will you get with your Comiskey Cash?

cws05champ
11-13-2008, 07:38 PM
:redneck But is it dipped in chocolate or what?

Er, on topic...well played! What will you get with your Comiskey Cash?
It's got a chocolaty filling...but dipping it in Chocolate sounds pretty good too. Lets write a letter to Brooks to get that taken care of....he's got nothing better to do!

skobabe8
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
We might hear from hangar before we hear from btrain again.

Daver
11-13-2008, 07:45 PM
We might hear from hangar before we hear from btrain again.

An ego that large won't stay quiet long.

Foulke You
11-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Never have partaken in the strawberry churro. I'm a vanilla man myself. Gotta have my vanilla churro when I go to the ballpark. (Vanilla was also formerly known as Bavarian Creme for anyone who cares.)

BadBobbyJenks
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I hear the kids these days call these type of situations:

http://ephemerist.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/pwned.jpg

TommyJohn
11-13-2008, 08:12 PM
I can't believe it! What the hell, guy, you were wrong! Own up to it!

soltrain21
11-13-2008, 08:59 PM
He is posting in other threads. Step up.

nasox
11-13-2008, 09:03 PM
In before btrain.

SoxNation05
11-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I know I am going to get bashed for saying this but btrain is a great poster but I do think he should come forward...

btrain929
11-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Hahaha WOW I'm just glad I crossed all of your guys' mind today lol. And I just took a nap til about 9pm, so don't think I was dodging you guys. I'll finally agree with Daver on one thing: an ego this big wouldn't stay quiet for long :tongue:

And of course I'm going to pay up. I thought there was absolutely no shot of him getting traded unless the return was a serious haul. It wasn't, so I guess I'll have to give KW a mulligan for this one for ****ing up my reputation...

So I'm going to buy 3 churros: 2 for you Mr.Brian26 for outdueling me in MLBGM101, and 1 to smash in the face of Daver, Toby Hall/Nick Swisher style, in rememberance of their time here :D:

BadBobbyJenks
11-13-2008, 09:17 PM
But what happened to your post? Everyone is dying to know.

btrain929
11-13-2008, 09:21 PM
But what happened to your post? Everyone is dying to know.

Well THAT I did feel a little salty about. I remember me saying Swisher wasn't getting shopped, but I "misremembered" guaranteeing that he wouldn't get traded. Then I found it, and then it disappeared somehow. Weird.

I deleted it, not to get out of the bet (I absolutely would have owned up to that), but so I wouldn't have to hear THAT much **** from Daver about it.

But either way, Brian26 is getting paid. Do they have churros at Soxfest? Maybe he'll get them sooner than later? :o:

Daver
11-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Well THAT I did feel a little salty about. I remember me saying Swisher wasn't getting shopped, but I "misremembered" guaranteeing that he wouldn't get traded. Then I found it, and then it disappeared somehow. Weird.

I deleted it, not to get out of the bet (I absolutely would have owned up to that), but so I wouldn't have to hear THAT much **** from Daver about it.

But either way, Brian26 is getting paid. Do they have churros at Soxfest? Maybe he'll get them sooner than later? :o:

You really don't know much about this forum do you?

btrain929
11-13-2008, 09:30 PM
You really don't know much about this forum do you?

Uhhh jeez NOW what did I do?

Jurr
11-13-2008, 09:36 PM
This is a pretty funny thread. Thank goodness you only bet churros. My buddies always bet dinner at Ruth's Chris. You don't jump into those bets unless you're REALLY sure.

btrain929
11-13-2008, 09:39 PM
This is a pretty funny thread. Thank goodness you only bet churros. My buddies always bet dinner at Ruth's Chris. You don't jump into those bets unless you're REALLY sure.

Haha, yeah. Well if it was something ridiculous like that (or Jim Beam seats like Brian mentioned), I might have hesitated a bit before making the bet.

DumpJerry
11-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I thought the bet was Churros for the house on Opening Day.......:tongue:

I'll take chocolate.

HomeFish
11-13-2008, 10:08 PM
I made a bet with somebody in 2005 that Crede wouldn't hit over .270 that season. Then I got banned, preventing that person from collecting.

SoxandtheCityTee
11-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Most hilarious thread in ages.

Since "pwned" appeared in print in a piece in The New Yorker a couple months ago, that usually signals that the kids have moved on to some other newly-coined phrase, but whatever it is, it applies.

BadBobby, Daver, Homefish with the banning mention -- everybody, thank you. I am still laughing.

btrain929
11-13-2008, 10:27 PM
I thought the bet was Churros for the house on Opening Day.......:tongue:

I'll take chocolate.

Depending on how drunk I might be on Opening Day, I wouldn't rule it out.

esbrechtel
11-14-2008, 07:32 AM
I love WSI bets....I can't wait until I collect my free blackhawks sweater after the sharks don't win the stanley cup!

Rocky Soprano
11-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Then I got banned

The good 'ol days.

salty99
11-14-2008, 09:21 AM

Hey what did I do? :redneck