PDA

View Full Version : This is pathetic

FanOf14
05-20-2002, 07:08 PM
Warning: Venting to follow...so if you don't want to hear whining and complaining, close this thread.

Where did the Sox of last month go? They look putrid out there. Between the offense showing up once every few days or so (at most) and the pitching/defense showing up when they feel like it, they are proving to be nothing but a .500 team. They are lucky to be in the weakest (or one of the weakest) divisions this year. I just don't get why the Sox look so terrible lately. I know they don't have the best team out there, but they are not as bad as they are playing. They need leadership which Manuel obviously isn't suppling. One of the guys on the team needs to step up and be a leader, be that Thomas, Valentin, Ritchie or Konerko, I don't care who, but someone better and quick.

Venting through. Thanks for not berating me for being frustrated.

guillen4life13
05-20-2002, 07:54 PM
i'd have to agree to most of the stuff you said there, but... the main reason this club is not playing well is that Kenny Lofton and Ray Durham are not getting it done. When you add on the horrid pitching we've had of late, everything goes wrong.

Lofton and Durham are the main causes though. As the hitters at the top, their jobs are to get on base. Lofton is not doing so, and neither is Durham.

the 2-5 pitchers have been stinking it up (as much good as you all say about todd ritchie and his lack of run support, his last few starts have been bad). that's all i can really say now.

Soxheads
05-20-2002, 07:57 PM
Their minds just aren't in it. I think reality will hit them soon.

MisterB
05-20-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
the 2-5 pitchers have been stinking it up (as much good as you all say about todd ritchie and his lack of run support, his last few starts have been bad). that's all i can really say now.

Tonight was the first time Ritchie's given up more than 3 ER in a game for us. This game and his start at Oakland are the only truly bad outings he's had. (Interesting to note that in both these games the Sox were shut out.)

baggio202
05-20-2002, 11:58 PM
derek lowe is the nuber 2 starter for boston..did you real feel ritchie had any chance at all against him???..when he could beat an oklahoma city call and ismeal valdez on a texas team that has 40 million dollars in payroll on the DL???...be thankful texas is all beat up or they would have swept us down there too...

williams went just short of gaurenteeing ritchie would 18-20 games for us when he made this trade...umm ok