PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Season Ticket Invoices

Harry Potter
11-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Received an e-mail from my ticket rep saying that the 2009 invoices should be going out tomorrow and that some ticket holders have been able to access their invoices online already.

He also said that payment deadlines are December 15th and January 26th.

chisoxmike
11-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Nice of them to give us a month to pay them.

Lundind1
11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I kinda wonder how new/existing sales are going based on all the economy stuff happening? I know I have a huge decision to make. Anyone else feel the same way that I do?

chisoxmike
11-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I kinda wonder how new/existing sales are going based on all the economy stuff happening? I know I have a huge decision to make. Anyone else feel the same way that I do?

Yeah, I know what you're saying.

I thing is, I have about $800 toward the tickets already from unplayed postseason games. So that already made up my decision to keep them for 2009. Really, you don't have a choice.

I'll need a new jerb to see them past 2009.

skobabe8
11-13-2008, 01:23 PM

A new what? :D:

Cat Thief
11-13-2008, 01:23 PM
How the hell I am going to re-up is beyond me.
I will have to find a way. The wife and I will be having a argument pretty soon. :angry:

I have heard stories in the past that they are a little bit flexible with the due dates. Has anyone had any experience with this?

chisoxmike
11-13-2008, 01:27 PM

Red Neck way of saying "job"

South Park reference.

:redneck

Lundind1
11-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Southpark....they took our Jerbs!!!

Lundind1
11-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I know what you're saying.

I thing is, I have about $800 toward the tickets already from unplayed postseason games. So that already made up my decision to keep them for 2009. Really, you don't have a choice.

Yeah I have about $3500 with them for my seats from unplayed games. I knew that thing were going to get tough but my girlfriend got downsized earlier this week and now things are indefinitely tight. I am looking everyday for a finance position. I don't know just yet how much I am going to owe them, but thank god it shouldn't be too much.

What a pinch. I love baseball and the White Sox but I need to think of what is going to be best in the long run for me.

Harry Potter
11-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Southpark....they took our Jerbs!!!

Ah yes, the Goobacks
http://www.geocities.com/undergrads78/806_Goobacks_2.jpg

salty99
11-13-2008, 02:09 PM
I decided to get the postseaon refund and not renew next year, but still plan on hitting up a bunch of games.

duke of dorwood
11-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Paid for mine with an annual bonus I am not getting this year.

Its going to be difficult maintaining last years expense with $ from elsewhere

BainesHOF
11-13-2008, 05:10 PM
I think you're going to see a big attendance drop around baseball in 2009 and probably 2010 for obvious reasons.

Lundind1
11-13-2008, 05:14 PM
I spoke with a friend of mine who works for a major developer/contractor in the Chicagoland area and he said that they are now awaiting the approval of plans in the area to begin many projects. This might be a sign of things to come in the future, and as he and I discussed....some recovery. I think things will be okay. Maybe some down attendance for 09 but beyond that is anyones guess.

Harry Potter
11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
I think you're going to see a big attendance drop around baseball in 2009 and probably 2010 for obvious reasons.

The Swisher trade

duke of dorwood
11-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Now they tell us only TWO installments instead of four. Reinsdorf may be recession proof, but his fan base isnt. If you are only gonna "allow' 2 payments, why not AFTER Christmas? This, in my opinion, is merciless and unfair to those of us loyal supporters going thru financial difficulty

Harry Potter
11-14-2008, 04:47 PM
My invoice was posted online.

Full season parking increased by $2 to $18/game

Lower reserved seats increased by 9.6% ($2,390 to $2,620/seat) for full season.

Parrothead
11-14-2008, 04:56 PM
My invoice was posted online.

Full season parking increased by $2 to $18/game

Lower reserved seats increased by 9.6% ($2,390 to $2,620/seat) for full season.

YIKES ! :o: they must be insane to do that in todays economy. apparently they did not listen to Bud.

By the way, does anyone out there know what parking and gameday tix prices are going to be for next year? And if the concessions are going up too?

ChicagoG19
11-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I am not a full season ticket holder, but I am a Ozzie ticket plan holder, and this is baffling move by the white sox.

chisoxfanatic
11-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Yikes! I have the Hit & Run weekday 27-game plan (1 seat is on my plan in section 149), and my cost was $956 last year. THIS year, my cost is $1046! That's a 9.4% increase! :o:

I knew I'd see four figures for the first time, but didn't think the increase would be THAT drastic! I do have a $395 credit to my account for unused postseason tickets from this past season; but, still, this is crazy!

I'm definitely going to be selling some of these tickets for profit on StubHub.

SOXfnNlansing
11-14-2008, 08:41 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here had, say 2 tickets (27 game plan), and wanted to turn it into having 4 tickets? Do you have to pay for the 2 seats by Dec 15th, then get 2 other seats after the 2008 ST holders decide whether to renew or not, or can you make some kind of deal with the rep? Do I have to forfeit my 2 seats now; wait til the deadline; then get 4 new seats? I thought I'd throw this out on here before trying to talk to my 'new rep' Reynel. By the way, anyone here have dealings with Reynel?

cbone
11-15-2008, 08:58 AM
I thought I'd throw this out on here before trying to talk to my 'new rep' Reynel. By the way, anyone here have dealings with Reynel?

He is my new rep as well. Just an introduction e-mail so far. I want to add a seat to my plan as does he guy next to me, giving us 6 in a row. Tyler, my old rep, said they can't do anything till renewals are in.

Brian26
11-15-2008, 09:13 AM
God bless you guys for keeping the season tickets. It's not just the price of the tickets that is going up, but you have to consider concessions, parking, CTA/Metra fares, gasoline (although that has come down recently)...most of you are looking at a $2000-$4000 investment on entertainment, which is tough to swallow with this economy right now.

DumpJerry
11-15-2008, 09:19 AM
He is my new rep as well. Just an introduction e-mail so far. I want to add a seat to my plan as does he guy next to me, giving us 6 in a row. Tyler, my old rep, said they can't do anything till renewals are in.
I have a new rep, too (but it's not Reynel). I think I'm gong to have to invite him over for a bunch of dinners after seeing what they want from me in one month :o:.

champagne030
11-15-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm definitely going to be selling some of these tickets for profit on StubHub.

I believe that's part of the reason baseball went into business with StubHub. StubHub provides baseball with some of their profits, plus details of every transaction. Teams will take a few cancellations of season tickets and jack the prices up because they see the profit tickets are going for on the secondary market. Teams/Bud balked at the Flubs setting up their own scalping business and now realize it's another way to bilk the customer.

doogiec
11-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Clearly the White Sox have decided to take full advantage of the team's failure to advance in the playoffs.

Since they recognize that most fans have loads of money sunk into next year's tickets already, they are, IMO, taking ridiculous advantage of that situation.

The economy sucks and will most likely throughout the next baseball season. Bud Selig warned against teams not considering the economy when setting ticket prices. The Sox must recognize that a higher number of fans will be unemployed, and those that are lucky enough to have jobs, won't see their incomes increase, certainly not enough to cover 9% ticket price increases. I can't see any reason for doing this other than the fact that they are holding playoff money hostage, and that disgusts me.

If the White Sox are going to hold playoff money toward next year's tickets, they should disclose the cost of next year's tickets when taking the deposit. In fact, I question the legality of requesting non refundable deposits on any product without disclosing the cost of that product.

It's Dankerific
11-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I believe that's part of the reason baseball went into business with StubHub. StubHub provides baseball with some of their profits, plus details of every transaction. Teams will take a few cancellations of season tickets and jack the prices up because they see the profit tickets are going for on the secondary market. Teams/Bud balked at the Flubs setting up their own scalping business and now realize it's another way to bilk the customer.

If the Sox go that route, its going to create a problem because no one is around to help me out with the games during the ****ty weather against teams like the royals.

They have to let their season base make a bit of the money back on the prime games if they care about keeping it. I'd rather go to the less popular games and sell the cubs games, for example, if it helps my bottom line. If I'm not able to make a good % off the cubs games, why don't I do like everyone else. Drop the season tickets, pay for the games I really want to go to. Pay extra the once every 5 years we make the playoffs. Maybe that year will be in an economic situation I can afford (like 2005)

dickallen15
11-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Clearly the White Sox have decided to take full advantage of the team's failure to advance in the playoffs.

Since they recognize that most fans have loads of money sunk into next year's tickets already, they are, IMO, taking ridiculous advantage of that situation.

The economy sucks and will most likely throughout the next baseball season. Bud Selig warned against teams not considering the economy when setting ticket prices. The Sox must recognize that a higher number of fans will be unemployed, and those that are lucky enough to have jobs, won't see their incomes increase, certainly not enough to cover 9% ticket price increases. I can't see any reason for doing this other than the fact that they are holding playoff money hostage, and that disgusts me.

If the White Sox are going to hold playoff money toward next year's tickets, they should disclose the cost of next year's tickets when taking the deposit. In fact, I question the legality of requesting non refundable deposits on any product without disclosing the cost of that product.

I agree. I really doubt they raise ticket prices like they have if they didn't have the vast majority of their season ticketholders held hostage. If KW really intends and I don't believe he does, to go with Fields at 3rd, Nix/Getz at second and BA/Owens in CF, and the team isn't successful, they will have a drop in season ticket sales that would make the stock market look like its healthy.

dakuda
11-15-2008, 03:38 PM
This appears to be the last year that I can attempt to afford the tickets at this rate. I am not complaining, just stating a fact.

A 9% increase is too much for my budget to handle. I had to split them last year and will have to split them again this year (hopefully w/the same person, if it works out).

These tickets have gone from under$1800 w/parking the first year I had them (2006) to over $1900 w/o parking now. That is one heck of a jump once you remove parking ($300-400, IIRC) from the initial year. If I didn't already pay for last year's unused postseason, I would likely consider dropping them altogether this year.

It's Dankerific
11-15-2008, 05:23 PM
If I didn't already pay for last year's unused postseason, I would likely consider dropping them altogether this year.

Thats the whole thing. Thats the reason they did it. They know we have little choice in the matter.

By the way, can I mention how ****ty the promo box was this year? I always like to get the St. Patty's day hat and we all know the ****acular rainy mess that was this year.

DumpJerry
11-15-2008, 06:21 PM

Something we need to be mindful of is the fact that the City of Chicago increased the tax on tickets about a week ago. This is probably why the Sox did not release the prices until the tax was passed so they would know what the costs were. It probably is legal to take the deposit in the form of playoff tickets because you're buying a product (playoff games) and you have the option of buying the product without making it a deposit for next year.

SOXfnNlansing
11-15-2008, 06:45 PM
This is for the 27 game weekend package holders: I know the ticket prices went up from last year. I was looking at last year's schedule and weighed it on the 2009 schedule looking for value.

What I see is 7 of the weekends are the same in both years. The '08 schedule had the Angels twice, Detroit an extra time, Colorado, Oakland, and Tampa Bay. Those 6 weekends are being replaced in 2009 with the Yankees, Toronto, Pittsburgh, Texas, Cleveland for an extra series, and Baltimore again.

2008 had 2 premium weekends (cub and Boston). 2009 offers 3 (cub,Yankees, Boston). 2008 offered a cold, crappy night game on a Wednesday night in April against the Yankees (premium price). Looking at the 2009 schedule, there won't be a good premium game offered in April or May. There is a chance the game chosen by the Sox will be a weeknight game against the Dodgers when the weather is warm.

I like the idea of only having 1 weekend series at home in July next year. In 2008 May was the weekend with 1 series. I'm planning on June being the big baseball month. Road series at Brewers and Reds right after school gets out is nice. It would be great having most of July off to do other things (like camping). Over all looking at the price increase and what 2009 has to offer, it looks like a better value in 2009. I can't wait to give them my $$$.

CubKilla
11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
I just don't understand why the Organization would make the first payment 12/15, right before Xmas.

LoveYourSuit
11-15-2008, 08:11 PM
My season ticket group of 4 guys with 4 seats has decided to go with 6 guys 4 seats this season because everyone is hurting due to the economy. This is going to suck come play-off time, someone is going to be left out when we draw names out of the hat to split those games.

If most of us posting on this thread are hurting and we are the life line of the franchise as season ticket holders, I would hate to see the single game ticket sales this year. Attendance will go down a good chunk not only here but all around baseball except NY.

Kuzman
11-15-2008, 10:43 PM
I don't think I'll be re-upping due to money restraints as well. Strange thing about it is that I'm fine with it but my wife is upset. I'm sure by March I'll be very very upset with myself

Jpgr91
11-15-2008, 11:06 PM
I do not understand the whole “the economy stinks and I can not renew” argument. Even a 10% increase on a 2 seat Weekend or Weekday plan only amounts to about a $200 increase over last year. If someone has been shelling out thousands every year for tickets, $200 should not make that big of a difference.

I hope relocation is kinder to me this year than it was last year. I have had the same seats for 4 years (114 row8), I was not able to relocate to better seats for the 08 Season. However, all of my neighbors from 07 were able to get better seats for the 08 season.

jamiebd
11-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Anyone know what would happen if you have a balance from Post Season tickets from last year, if you decide no to renew season tickets for this year?? Things are looking a little tight for us right now, and sad to say, not sure If we'll be able to swing this year. I'm hoping we'll be able to use that balance to purchase individual game tickets.

RockJock07
11-16-2008, 12:23 AM
I do not understand the whole “the economy stinks and I can not renew” argument. Even a 10% increase on a 2 seat Weekend or Weekday plan only amounts to about a $200 increase over last year. If someone has been shelling out thousands every year for tickets, $200 should not make that big of a difference.

I hope relocation is kinder to me this year than it was last year. I have had the same seats for 4 years (114 row8), I was not able to relocate to better seats for the 08 Season. However, all of my neighbors from 07 were able to get better seats for the 08 season.

I don't understand this argument either. I sell season tickets for the Brewers and I can tell you that the economy isn't as much of an issue as I thought it was going to be.

With that said, Milwaukee is different from Chicago. We play less taxes, the cost of everything is less and to be honest, our ticket plans are in the bottom 5 of the cheapest in baseball.

If youre a big enough fan, the economy won't stop you from going to games and most will cut other things from there lives to go to White Sox games. Again, the biggest problem with my argument is that Brewer ticket plans are far and away cheaper than White Sox tickets.

BainesHOF
11-16-2008, 03:23 AM
I don't understand this argument either. I sell season tickets for the Brewers and I can tell you that the economy isn't as much of an issue as I thought it was going to be.

Well, almost a million homes have been foreclosed in the last year, the stock market has fallen off a cliff in record time, more than a million people have lost their jobs so far this year, and the general consensus is that the worst is yet to come, perhaps over the next 10 years. A Harvard economist and author, who forecasted the current problems, was on CNN today saying that it looks more and more like we're heading into a depression. Watch CNBC for a week and you'll realize that even the experts have no clue what's ahead for us, and some of them are downright scared.

I hope better days are around the corner, but there's a decent chance that in coming years we could be looking back on 2008 as the good ol' days. I don't blame anybody for giving up their tickets now. If you're paying attention, you realize our economic system is in an incredibly precarious state right now.

Steelrod
11-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I think I'm going to defend management on this one. A buck or two per ticket doesn't seem excessive to me after winning division last year. Payroll is more than double 2005's.
Times are tough. Each of us needs to make a decision. Supply and demand ultimately will determine price.
One thing I will say is those who complain and do not reup should not be the same who complain about not getting playoff tickets or that the price is too high for them.

Stoky44
11-16-2008, 12:04 PM
If youre a big enough fan, the economy won't stop you from going to games and most will cut other things from there lives to go to White Sox games.

That is truly insulting, if you are a big enough fan you will find the money to go to the games. People may already be sacrificing all the can last year to get the season tickets. Now a bad economy could mean no bonus for people no cost of living increase. So at best some people are making the same or less money this year, and everything is more money.

Skip the house payment this month, the White Sox mean more to me.

I got a better idea... in order to prove I am a big enough white sox fan... I could just use credit to pay for the tickets. How else can I pay for an increase in cost when I make the same or less. We see how well that model is working.

dickallen15
11-16-2008, 01:43 PM
If youre a big enough fan, the economy won't stop you from going to games and most will cut other things from there lives to go to White Sox games. Again, the biggest problem with my argument is that Brewer ticket plans are far and away cheaper than White Sox tickets.

If going to a baseball game is more important to you than having a roof over your head, having some food on the table, having some clothes to wear, saving for retirement and/or rainy days, you really have a problem. Its not about being a big enough fan, its about being wise. There probably are several people who would have been stressed if ticket prices stayed the same. More are losing jobs daily. Raising prices just raises this stress. I think the White Sox, unless 2009 is truely a special year, will see a drop in season ticket plans for 2010 unless this economy makes a drastic recovery.

chisoxmike
11-16-2008, 02:27 PM

With that said, Milwaukee is different from Chicago. We play less taxes, the cost of everything is less and to be honest, our ticket plans are in the bottom 5 of the cheapest in baseball.

What an *******.

dakuda
11-16-2008, 02:41 PM
If going to a baseball game is more important to you than having a roof over your head, having some food on the table, having some clothes to wear, saving for retirement and/or rainy days, you really have a problem. Its not about being a big enough fan, its about being wise. There probably are several people who would have been stressed if ticket prices stayed the same. More are losing jobs daily. Raising prices just raises this stress. I think the White Sox, unless 2009 is truely a special year, will see a drop in season ticket plans for 2010 unless this economy makes a drastic recovery.

Exactly. Going to baseball games is an entertainment expense. I enjoy it, but I also enjoy keeping my home. You have to balance the necessary with the fun. When budgets start to get cut, entertainment is the first to go. When those entertainment expenses increase at a rate greater than inflation, it is felt more.

Parrothead
11-16-2008, 03:00 PM

I hope the both of you are kidding because if not you 2 are truly stupid or independantly weathly and have not watched the news or read a paper in over a year. Thousands of people are losing jobs, houses and retirement savings but you don't understand how a couple of hundred bucks would help someone. Amazing.

Harry Potter
11-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah this thread seems Roadhouse-bound...

Jpgr91
11-16-2008, 04:11 PM
I hope the both of you are kidding because if not you 2 are truly stupid or independantly weathly and have not watched the news or read a paper in over a year. Thousands of people are losing jobs, houses and retirement savings but you don't understand how a couple of hundred bucks would help someone. Amazing.

If someone does not understand the cyclical nature of retirement savings, I do not understand why they would invest. Consumer confidence and consumer fear is a huge reason why the economy is in the position it is in. Even with unemployment around 10%, that only affects 1 in 10 sox fans. So while I feel bad for the people that are negatively affected by the economy, I do not think it is going to affect ticket sales as much as some think.

So no, I am not truly stupid, looking at the numbers has lead me to a different conclusion than you. And yes, I do understand how a couple of hundred dollars could help someone with no income.

dickallen15
11-16-2008, 04:26 PM
If someone does not understand the cyclical nature of retirement savings, I do not understand why they would invest. Consumer confidence and consumer fear is a huge reason why the economy is in the position it is in. Even with unemployment around 10%, that only affects 1 in 10 sox fans. So while I feel bad for the people that are negatively affected by the economy, I do not think it is going to affect ticket sales as much as some think.

So no, I am not truly stupid, looking at the numbers has lead me to a different conclusion than you. And yes, I do understand how a couple of hundred dollars could help someone with no income.

If you think unemployment and this ridiculous economy will affect only 1 in 10 Sox fans, wow. Its also affecting corporations which may even become a bigger problem for the White Sox. I know the Blue Jays have lost a couple of sponsors. Corporations may cancel premium seats like suites. Company outings will be canceled. I'm happy it apparently doesn't have any consequence on you. Have you been to a grocery store lately? Has yours not raised prices significantly the past year? Just because someone is not unemployed doesn't mean their pay will rise or remain the same. Salesman may still be working, but I would imagine many don't sell as much now. People who work for large companies like myself don't get much of a raise if one at all, and bonuses are down significantly. I am actually trying to hire someone right now to work a night shift job that a monkey can do. You wouldn't believe the people who have applied for this job. People who have run their own companies. People who have made 10 times what this job pays. In the scheme of things, $200 isn't a lot of money. But if the option is buying your kid some shoes or going to a ballgame, there really is no option. There are a ton of people hurting, and the number seems like it will only go higher before it gets better.

BleacherBandit
11-16-2008, 05:07 PM
That is truly insulting, if you are a big enough fan you will find the money to go to the games. People may already be sacrificing all the can last year to get the season tickets. Now a bad economy could mean no bonus for people no cost of living increase. So at best some people are making the same or less money this year, and everything is more money.

Skip the house payment this month, the White Sox mean more to me.

I got a better idea... in order to prove I am a big enough white sox fan... I could just use credit to pay for the tickets. How else can I pay for an increase in cost when I make the same or less. We see how well that model is working.

The argument isn't "If you like the White Sox enough, you'll stop paying your morgage or rent", it's "If you like the White Sox enough you'll stop going on vacations/ eating at fancy restaurants/ going to the movies" Hell, I'm doing that right now, I did that last season.

Stoky44
11-16-2008, 06:56 PM
The argument isn't "If you like the White Sox enough, you'll stop paying your morgage or rent", it's "If you like the White Sox enough you'll stop going on vacations/ eating at fancy restaurants/ going to the movies" Hell, I'm doing that right now, I did that last season.

what if someone has already cut out going on vacations/ eating at fancy restaurants/ going to the movies to pay for sox tickets? What else is there to cut? Ticket prices went up higher than inflation, and people are not getting raises or are taking pay cuts.

Steelrod
11-16-2008, 07:32 PM
what if someone has already cut out going on vacations/ eating at fancy restaurants/ going to the movies to pay for sox tickets? What else is there to cut? Ticket prices went up higher than inflation, and people are not getting raises or are taking pay cuts.
The beauty of baseball is that you can watch 162 games without leaving the privacy of your home. Going is a treat only when you can afford it. Anyone can still be a great fan without financially supporting the team.
The downside is revenue drives salaries. It's not fair to complain about who KW cannot or does not sign due to financial restraints.

Parrothead
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM

Boy I wish I could live in world of denial. Apparantely you will never understand. So there is no point of going further.

LoveYourSuit
11-16-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't think the $200 increase for tickets or the 10% is what's getting to people, it's the idea of it in a time of a economic cirisis which rubs a few us the wrong way. It's like pouring salt on the wound. The Sox should have kept prices the same just as a smart PR move in this time of crisis.

Corporate sponsorship is where you ae going to see these teams taking it in the chin even more. It's going to get ugly. A good amount of the luxury seats at the park today are corporate owned.

SOXfnNlansing
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
I guess people that are in financial straits and are teetering on keeping/giving up their seats can be grateful for this great site. White Sox Interactive! Where else can you pretty much find a good seat to almost any game for face or less? I know that people everywhere are having tough choices to make about many important things in life right now. I'm just grateful for the small wonders in life like this website.

duke of dorwood
11-16-2008, 10:40 PM
I just don't understand why the Organization would make the first payment 12/15, right before Xmas.

They just dont care

RockJock07
11-16-2008, 10:47 PM

Actually don't assume you know anything about me or my family situation. I'm not stupid or weathly by any means but I can tell you that tickets in any sport if you love the product are emotional buys. People get caught up in the great moments of the past season and a fair percentage of those people renew or are new customers when the sox make a big trade or signing.

I'm not saying times are tough but IMO people will find there way to USCF. Agree with me or not, I could care less.

soxfanreggie
11-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Lansing made a great point...the Ticket Exchange on WSI. I will probably be using that to buy tickets for 2-3 tickets for next year (I get most tickets from a friend). Unfortunately, work and the travel prevents me from attending more. I figure I'd rather help a fellow Sox games and get some tickets.

I don't blame anyone for giving up their season tickets; it's a personal choice and made very easy when a person loses a job or has other financial needs. White Sox tickets can easily be replaced for a while with a cheap transistor radio and an imagination for seeing the field or a tv set that picks up Comcast, WGN, etc.

Jpgr91
11-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Boy I wish I could live in world of denial. Apparantely you will never understand. So there is no point of going further.

Fair enough. I suppose in my dark world of denial and colapsing ticket revenue streams I failed to see the Hawks sell out the 11th straight home game today. And man, those stands at Soilder Field looked really empty last Sunday. Its also really easy to get good Bulls tickets now, because no one is going to the games. And, I suppose the northside team will only have a few sold out games next year as well. But yeah, I suppose I should pay more attention to what is really going on in the sports world.

I_Liked_Manuel
11-17-2008, 01:59 AM
By and large, I can't see the 9% increase being a dealbreaker for most season ticket holders. If somebody is willing to throw out a few thousand dollars a season to watch baseball in the first place, his/her entertainment budget is larger than most and should be less affected by the rising cost of commodities. People buying individual tickets is a different story.

soulfly
11-17-2008, 02:38 AM
By and large, I can't see the 9% increase being a dealbreaker for most season ticket holders. If somebody is willing to throw out a few thousand dollars a season to watch baseball in the first place, his/her entertainment budget is larger than most and should be less affected by the rising cost of commodities. People buying individual tickets is a different story.

Exactly. Now, while you do get enjoyment out of games when you go, if you go to a game, that's basically disposable income. It's something you could live without doing, but it sure is nice to go. If I don't have money to go to games, it's not the end of the world to me. Granted, I don't have season tickets, as I don't have that much disposable income. But if I did, I would downsize my plan, or go to less games if I couldn't afford it because of the economy. There are other things to worry about besides going to games anyways. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Ticket prices go up. The season tickets I use to go to Bears games have gone up like 100% in ten years, and they have been terrible most of those years. That's just how it goes.

DumpJerry
11-17-2008, 08:09 AM

Huh? What econometric model do you work with to come up with this fantasy?

Gammons Peter
11-17-2008, 09:40 AM
full amount due 12/15?? The site says you can make two payments (one in Dec and one in Jan) as long as you pay at least the amount due by December 15 but that number is my entire balance so I don't understand

Harry Potter
11-17-2008, 09:50 AM
full amount due 12/15?? The site says you can make two payments (one in Dec and one in Jan) as long as you pay at least the amount due by December 15 but that number is my entire balance so I don't understand

I noticed the same thing but when I looked further, the payment screen said "listed on the invoice you received from the White Sox as "Due by 12/15/08"

So my thinking is, the paper invoice would should arrive in the next few days may state what is really due by 12/15/08 and then I'll just be able to manually enter that amount when I pay my first installment online.

But you are right, the wording online is very confusing/deceiving

soxfan21
11-17-2008, 12:32 PM
I am renewing for the 09 season as well, but might be selling a few of my games just like some fellow WSI'ers. I was surprised by the increase in ticket prices and asked my rep if it is possible to cut out my parking pass for next season. Just trying to cut down expenses a little bit more, even though taking the train sucks sometimes because of the whole tailgating thing. I am also surprised tickets went up as much as they did because of what selig said about the economy and baseball, and seeing as though the money hungry bo sox did not raise tickets this season for the first time in 14 years. I wonder how much the cubs will be raising tickets for next year? I also agree with a lot of you guys on how the sox made the first invoice due date right before christmas. You think they could have made it after christmas sometime. This kind of sucks because now I will have to cut back on christmas spending a little bit, and I'm sure some of you guys will have to as well.

Jpgr91
11-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Huh? What econometric model do you work with to come up with this fantasy?

As of now, there is no concrete evidence suggesting the current economy is going to adversely affect Sox ST renewals like some on this site think. One would think that the Bulls and Hawks would be having attendance problems in this current climate, but they are not. And, do you honestly think the Cubs will have problems drawing fans next year? So, if the Hawks, Bulls, and Cubs are not affected, why would the Sox be?

dickallen15
11-17-2008, 03:14 PM
As of now, there is no concrete evidence suggesting the current economy is going to adversely affect Sox ST renewals like some on this site think. One would think that the Bulls and Hawks would be having attendance problems in this current climate, but they are not. And, do you honestly think the Cubs will have problems drawing fans next year? So, if the Hawks, Bulls, and Cubs are not affected, why would the Sox be?

Brooks Boyer was quote as saying the really bad stuff in the economy really didn't start happening until late September and the Sox were contending so it hadn't affected them yet. He believes many full season plans will downgrade to a split. It will affect the White Sox, a playoff team who have non-refundable deposits from all their current season ticketholders.

DumpJerry
11-17-2008, 03:34 PM
The Hawks and Bulls need fewer than 25,000 on a night for a sell out. They also play about half the number of games during the regular season. So, to compare a MLB team to a NBA or NHL team is apples and oranges.

To say anything about the Cubs' attendance next year at this point is purely speculative.

Steelrod
11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
The Hawks and Bulls need fewer than 25,000 on a night for a sell out. They also play about half the number of games during the regular season. So, to compare a MLB team to a NBA or NHL team is apples and oranges.

To say anything about the Cubs' attendance next year at this point is purely speculative.
Comparitive locations is baseball vs. NBA or NHL are miles apart as far as costs go. The comparison holds up quite well.

Jpgr91
11-17-2008, 05:08 PM

As Steelrod pointed to, I think it is a very fair comparison. Even though the capacity is smaller at the UC, the average ticket price is significantly higher for the Hawks/Bulls. The higher ticket costs and the lack of discount and giveaway tickets for Hawks and Bulls games washes out the additional home games the Sox play. Either way, lets just hope that a bunch of people do renew and the Sox are able to continue to put a quality product on the field for all of us to enjoy.

Tekijawa
11-17-2008, 05:37 PM
So if I'm reading everything correctly about a 10% increase in the price and I have a month to "save up"... Would have been easy to get this all paid off if it was broken up like it was last year... they need the money this year because the posibility of new tax laws next year? Jerry, I need a break here!

SOXfnNlansing
11-17-2008, 08:15 PM
As Steelrod pointed to, I think it is a very fair comparison. Even though the capacity is smaller at the UC, the average ticket price is significantly higher for the Hawks/Bulls. The higher ticket costs and the lack of discount and giveaway tickets for Hawks and Bulls games washes out the additional home games the Sox play. Either way, lets just hope that a bunch of people do renew and the Sox are able to continue to put a quality product on the field for all of us to enjoy.

I got great 300 level seats for 10 Hawk games this season. 4 seats per game for $600. White Sox tickets are way higher than the Hawks. I paid $2200 for 2 seats and 27 games last year. You can park for free at Hawk's games if you don't mind a 5-8 minute walk. Sox game you have to take the El or pay $16-22 and still walk 5-10 minutes.

Steelrod
11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
I got great 300 level seats for 10 Hawk games this season. 4 seats per game for $600. White Sox tickets are way higher than the Hawks. I paid $2200 for 2 seats and 27 games last year. You can park for free at Hawk's games if you don't mind a 5-8 minute walk. Sox game you have to take the El or pay $16-22 and still walk 5-10 minutes.
You are comparing 3rd level hawks vs. box seats.

dickallen15
11-17-2008, 08:25 PM
You are comparing 3rd level hawks vs. box seats.

I wonder how Hawks and Bulls attendance would have been if the market tanked in June instead of late September/October.

CWS44
11-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Brooks Boyer was quote as saying the really bad stuff in the economy really didn't start happening until late September and the Sox were contending so it hadn't affected them yet. He believes many full season plans will downgrade to a split. It will affect the White Sox, a playoff team who have non-refundable deposits from all their current season ticketholders.

If you move from a full season plan to a split plan, will you be relocated? Does anyone have experience with this? I have a full season plan and was relocated to a better location in 2008, but many fans around me have split plans. I am wondering if I change to a split plan if I will keep the same seats, or if I keep the full season plan, will I have more opportunity to improve my seat location. I know, ask my rep.....just curious if anyone has done this.

champagne030
11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
If you move from a full season plan to a split plan, will you be relocated? Does anyone have experience with this? I have a full season plan and was relocated to a better location in 2008, but many fans around me have split plans. I am wondering if I change to a split plan if I will keep the same seats, or if I keep the full season plan, will I have more opportunity to improve my seat location. I know, ask my rep.....just curious if anyone has done this.

I'm going to guess that it depends on your seat. Contact your rep.

My thinking is if you have good seats you're not going to be able to downgrade to a partial package and keep your seats. I've had a partial package in the front row for 10+ years that I cannot upgrade until the other partial holder cancels. I was forced to keep that package and add another full to get 'full' benefits.

RockJock07
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM
I wonder how Hawks and Bulls attendance would have been if the market tanked in June instead of late September/October.

Let me use the best example that I know that puts to rest this economy issue. The Detroit Tigers had a season seat base of about 5,000 going into the 2004 off-season. Since then their season ticket base has risen to over 25,000. Now going to the WS during that time frame helped this number out but when you consider how bad the economy of the City of Detroit and the state of Michigan has been over the last 5 years I don't think our current situation has much effect.

Again, just me but I feel like people will find ways to go.

Parrothead
11-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Let me use the best example that I know that puts to rest this economy issue. The Detroit Tigers had a season seat base of about 5,000 going into the 2004 off-season. Since then their season ticket base has risen to over 25,000. Now going to the WS during that time frame helped this number out but when you consider how bad the economy of the City of Detroit and the state of Michigan has been over the last 5 years I don't think our current situation has much effect.

This years attendance was down about 3000 per game or about 183000, partly because raised prices for parking, tix and concessions (i know 8 people who dropped or went to a 27 game package instead of a full), people had no faith in the team to do anything and / or lack of jobs and the situation was no where near as what it is now. I would expect at least another 3000 or more less per game for the same reasons as last year. Even if you look at the minor leagues attendance for most teams were down last year (yes some had an increase due to new stadiums and /or new teams). Overall there was a 1.8 increase in the minors but there were also about 15 more teams which would explain the overall increase.

Steelrod
11-18-2008, 09:12 AM
So if I'm reading everything correctly about a 10% increase in the price and I have a month to "save up"... Would have been easy to get this all paid off if it was broken up like it was last year... they need the money this year because the posibility of new tax laws next year? Jerry, I need a break here!
Jerry is giving you the break. Who do you think is going to pay the increased tax, the team or it's customers?

champagne030
11-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Jerry is giving you the break. Who do you think is going to pay the increased tax, the team or it's customers?

The customer.

Steelrod
11-18-2008, 10:30 AM
The customer.
Correct!
That's why it's in our best interests to pay before the new tax begins.

doogiec
11-18-2008, 12:32 PM

How is Jerry giving us a break by taking the new tax, multiplying it by nine, and passing it on?

For every $100 dollars you spend with the Sox, $9 will be going to the city. Last year, it was $8. So for every hundred dollars, the city is taxing one dollar more, and Jerry 8 dollars more. Doesn't sound like a break to me.

raven1
11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
How is Jerry giving us a break by taking the new tax, multiplying it by nine, and passing it on?

For every $100 dollars you spend with the Sox, $9 will be going to the city. Last year, it was $8. So for every hundred dollars, the city is taxing one dollar more, and Jerry 8 dollars more. Doesn't sound like a break to me.

To be fair, Jerry Reinsdorf puts every bit of White Sox revenue back into the team. The cost of salaries to maintain a competitive team continues to go up (at least until such time 5-6 years from now if the Sox can build a competent farm system) and attendance will inevitably go down due to the economy (regardless of price). Short of a major salary dump (and several years of bad teams) the only way to meet the higher expenses is to raise prices.

Jason82807
11-18-2008, 03:42 PM

The Detroit economy will get a lot worse once the Big 3 actually go under (and they will). That combined with poor performance last year should mean a sharp decline in season ticket sales.

I think there will be a lot more Sox fans buying tix on ebay/craigslist/this site looking for a discount rather than forking out the money for season tickets. Many people who are canceling figure they can afford to go to a few games, but why tie up all that money right away?

soxfan21
11-19-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm just wondering what our renewal rate will be for the 2009 season. I just renewed yesterday, and was thinking about upgrading but decided not too because according to my rep she said that they expect about a 95% renewal rate. Just wondering what my fellow WSI'ers opionions are about this.

Bob G
11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I expect the renewal rate to be fairly high since many STH's have the unused playoff money tied up (like me).

It would be interesting to see how the approx. 9% increase compares with other teams around the league.

chisoxmike
11-19-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm just wondering what our renewal rate will be for the 2009 season. I just renewed yesterday, and was thinking about upgrading but decided not too because according to my rep she said that they expect about a 95% renewal rate. Just wondering what my fellow WSI'ers opionions are about this.

Well, seeing that most ST holders have lots of money applied to their balance already from unplayed postseason games, they are not wrong to think its going to be a high renewal rate.

I'm more interested to see if there are many new ST holders. By "new" I mean people that signed on AFTER the playoffs started. Not people who got them in September in order to get playoff tickets.

DumpJerry
11-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Ok, take a deep breath and let it out slowly. All is ok.

I got my invoice in the mail today. Half of the season total is due on 12/15/08, the other half is due on 1/26/09.

With my playoff credit, I owe only $214.00 next month.

My online account payment option is for the full amount due, I'll have to mail a check to them for the $214.

There was no seat relocation form in the mailing, so I guess they're expecting a high renewal rate.

chisoxmike
11-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Ok, take a deep breath and let it out slowly. All is ok.

I got my invoice in the mail today. Half of the season total is due on 12/15/08, the other half is due on 1/26/09.

With my playoff credit, I owe only $214.00 next month.

My online account payment option is for the full amount due, I'll have to mail a check to them for the $214.

There was no seat relocation form in the mailing, so I guess they're expecting a high renewal rate.

Again, the people that write the copy for the online ticket manager need to be fired.

You CAN pay the 50% due on 12/15 online. If you choose to do so, they will automatically charge your card on 1/26 for the remaining balance.

Also, I thought you said nobody would have a balance to pay for the first payment. :wink:

LoveYourSuit
11-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I think what goes on behind the scenes when it comes to renewal is a complete joke. They will give you this **** that "we are at 95% renewal and we cannot upgrade you."

Guess what? They have your money already, they don't want to move you to a better seat. Why would they? They rather use those better located open seats to lure new potential cutomers who have ZERO $$$ invested on seats. How do your promote to get new season tickets holders? Offer them the better seats.

chisoxfanatic
11-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Again, the people that write the copy for the online ticket manager need to be fired.
You mean like when you had to select "no" instead of "yes" to tell them that you wanted to renew your season tickets for next year? They love confusing us.

Does anyone know what this "Client Services Division" is supposed to be about? They did not inform us at all in that little paragraph at the end of the letter that came with the invoice, even though they said they would in the letter. From the sound of it, it seems like it really doesn't mean much. It sounds like they're just renaming them from "Account Executives." What type of a "change" is that?

DumpJerry
11-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Also, I thought you said nobody would have a balance to pay for the first payment. :wink:

If there was no price increase or it was much less than 9%, then it would have been covered.

I think what goes on behind the scenes when it comes to renewal is a complete joke. They will give you this **** that "we are at 95% renewal and we cannot upgrade you."

Guess what? They have your money already, they don't want to move you to a better seat. Why would they? They rather use those better located open seats to lure new potential cutomers who have ZERO $$$ invested on seats. How do your promote to get new season tickets holders? Offer them the better seats.
Umm...nope. That's not how it works at all.

LoveYourSuit
11-20-2008, 02:11 AM
Umm...nope. That's not how it works at all.

How do you know? Unless you work in the ticket office and sales, how would you know.

It's a business, and a smart business would find a way to maximize.

DumpJerry
11-20-2008, 08:11 AM
How do you know? Unless you work in the ticket office and sales, how would you know.

You don't work there, either. I have have many friends who have been ST holders for 10+ years. Seating is done on a seniority basis. When I first bought into my package I was offered section 148 and 112. But, I told the Rep., LoveYourSuit told me you would give me something closer to 128 to make sure that I would buy into it even though I have already told you I want ST's without knowing ahead of time where my seats would be.......

dickallen15
11-20-2008, 08:19 AM
You don't work there, either. I have have many friends who have been ST holders for 10+ years. Seating is done on a seniority basis. When I first bought into my package I was offered section 148 and 112. But, I told the Rep., LoveYourSuit told me you would give me something closer to 128 to make sure that I would buy into it even though I have already told you I want ST's without knowing ahead of time where my seats would be.......

I'm sure there have been some with some sort of connections that have received just opened up premium seats, but I agree they basically go by seniority. I also think it has more to do with your rep. If your rep is bad and lazy, you won't get upgraded nearly as well as someone with less senority and a good rep looking out for their accounts.

Cat Thief
11-20-2008, 09:25 AM
What happens to your balance if you don't pay anything by the 15th?

:scratch:

SOXfnNlansing
11-20-2008, 01:01 PM
What happens to your balance if you don't pay anything by the 15th?

:scratch:

I was told you get ALOT of SOX CASH to be used only at the park or gift shop.

doublem23
11-20-2008, 01:04 PM

It's better business to retain current customers.

CWS44
11-20-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm sure there have been some with some sort of connections that have received just opened up premium seats, but I agree they basically go by seniority. I also think it has more to do with your rep. If your rep is bad and lazy, you won't get upgraded nearly as well as someone with less senority and a good rep looking out for their accounts.

I have been a STH since 2002. In 2007, I was told I could not upgrade because of the high renewal rate. On opening day 2007, I found that the 1st year STH from 2006 who sat in front, behind, and next to us were all moved six sections closer to home plate. I was upgraded last year, but not as well as those who moved in 2007. It should be by seniority, but it doesn't always work that way.

RealFan
11-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I have been a STH since 2002. In 2007, I was told I could not upgrade because of the high renewal rate. On opening day 2007, I found that the 1st year STH from 2006 who sat in front, behind, and next to us were all moved six sections closer to home plate. I was upgraded last year, but not as well as those who moved in 2007. It should be by seniority, but it doesn't always work that way.

Where do you currently sit and where did the other STHs move to?

esbrechtel
11-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I was told you get ALOT of SOX CASH to be used only at the park or gift shop.

True and the highest denomination is $10 :o:

Cat Thief
11-20-2008, 03:22 PM
I have a little over $700. That might work. Beer money for April.

:gulp:

chisoxfanatic
11-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Could it be that they have less seats in their plan, making them much easier to accommodate?

dickallen15
11-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Could it be that they have less seats in their plan, making them much easier to accommodate?

I've heard plenty of stories like this. Your rep is very important. Its more important than any seniority.

champagne030
11-20-2008, 03:55 PM
I've heard plenty of stories like this. Your rep is very important. Its more important than any seniority.

Yes it is.

soxrepublican
11-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Just left a deposit after a one year hiaus. Wonder if I can get good lower box seats?:scratch:

CWS44
11-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Where do you currently sit and where did the other STHs move to?

I'm in 148 now, those with less seniority went to 146 and 147 at that time. I have a full season package, 2 seats. I had a split season through 2005 and upgraded to full season in 2006 when they offered extra postseason tickets for upgrading. I was very upset in 2007 when I found out that those with 1 year in were moved, but I'm over it now, not trying to be a complainer here -my rep tried to make it right last year with a decent move, so I think I may stay with the full season package again and beg for an upgrade should something be available.

fox23
11-21-2008, 04:24 PM

Bingo.

soxrepublican
11-21-2008, 07:28 PM
I have a slightly off topic question. I probably am going to get stadium club this year, and am wondering, if the sox make the playoffs, do they charge you more for the passes for the postseason, or does the $1000 fee cover the reg. season and postseason if they make it?

DumpJerry
11-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I have a slightly off topic question. I probably am going to get stadium club this year, and am wondering, if the sox make the playoffs, do they charge you more for the passes for the postseason, or does the $1000 fee cover the reg. season and postseason if they make it?
I don't know the answer, but I know there was a wait list last year for the Stadium Club. Just want to give you a heads up in case there is still a wait list.

Steelrod
11-21-2008, 09:34 PM
It is included!

soxrepublican
11-21-2008, 10:25 PM
It is included!
Thanks for the info!

RockJock07
11-21-2008, 11:35 PM

I do work in a MLB ticket office and I can tell you that we would offer better seats to people who are long-time, renewing customers rather then trying to get a new buyer to throw ton's of money at a full-season package right away.

Not putting the new customers the best seats gives them the incentive to move up to a full-season package.

In addition, new buyers rarely, even in good economic times, go right to a full-season ticket package if they've never bought a ticket package before.

You're right it is a business but you must find a way to treat your renewing customers right while giving a non-package customer the incentive to purchase a plan whether it be better seats, discounted tickets, discounted parking, etc.

DumpJerry
11-22-2008, 09:18 AM
I do work in a MLB ticket office and I can tell you that we would offer better seats to people who are long-time, renewing customers rather then trying to get a new buyer to throw ton's of money at a full-season package right away.

Not putting the new customers the best seats gives them the incentive to move up to a full-season package.

In addition, new buyers rarely, even in good economic times, go right to a full-season ticket package if they've never bought a ticket package before.

You're right it is a business but you must find a way to treat your renewing customers right while giving a non-package customer the incentive to purchase a plan whether it be better seats, discounted tickets, discounted parking, etc.
There are many benefits all season ticket holders get so that new ST holders are happy. This includes the annual party at Comiskey, the Media Guide, the fact that we get a break on the box office price for our tickets, White Sox Batting Practice, the ST holder gift, pre-sale purchase of additional tickets, lunch one-on-one with Mark Buehrle, and (for full season ticket holders) The Box of goodies.

Steelrod
11-22-2008, 09:34 AM
There are many benefits all season ticket holders get so that new ST holders are happy. This includes the annual party at Comiskey, the Media Guide, the fact that we get a break on the box office price for our tickets, White Sox Batting Practice, the ST holder gift, pre-sale purchase of additional tickets, lunch one-on-one with Mark Buehrle, and (for full season ticket holders) The Box of goodies.
Not everyone lunches with Buehrle. I went hunting!

SOXfnNlansing
11-22-2008, 10:05 AM

I had 27 game package last season and wasn't informed about these perks from my rep:scratch:

DumpJerry
11-22-2008, 11:12 AM
I had 27 game package last season and wasn't informed about these perks from my rep:scratch:
You get an email shortly before the tickets go on sale to the general public with information about how to purchase additional tickets before the masses get to buy them. If you're not getting emails from the Sox, make sure they have the correct email address for you.

Harry Potter
11-23-2008, 04:17 PM
You get an email shortly before the tickets go on sale to the general public with information about how to purchase additional tickets before the masses get to buy them. If you're not getting emails from the Sox, make sure they have the correct email address for you.

I wish they would suspend the TM fees for the ST pre-sale. After all, the ST holders for JR's other team isn't hit with TM fees for their pre-sale.

soxrepublican
11-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I wish they would suspend the TM fees for the ST pre-sale. After all, the ST holders for JR's other team isn't hit with TM fees for their pre-sale.

I didnt think they charged fees for the presale, I could be wrong though.

itsnotrequired
11-23-2008, 04:33 PM
I didnt think they charged fees for the presale, I could be wrong though.

wrong, ye be. they stick it to you.

LoveYourSuit
11-23-2008, 04:48 PM
It's better business to retain current customers.

I agree 100%.

But how do you know what happens behind scenes?

They can tell you "we are at 97% renewal" and how can you confirm this? Do you go seat by seat on opening day and ask 25K people?

soxrepublican
11-23-2008, 05:27 PM
wrong, ye be. they stick it to you.
Your right. I put up thousands of bucks, and they **** me up the ass with fees. But, I usually only buy a few from the presale though, so I just eat it. But it doesnt taste good.

dickallen15
11-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I agree 100%.

They can tell you "we are at 97% renewal" and how can you confirm this? Do you go seat by seat on opening day and ask 25K people?

I know someone who "knew someone" with the Bulls and got season tickets near half court in the club level front row a couple of years ago. He was told if anyone asked that he had been on the other side of the arena. I'm sure there are a couple of stragglers who move to the front of the line, but other than that its whoever has the most aggressive ticket rep.

DumpJerry
11-23-2008, 08:41 PM
I agree 100%.

Not a very trusting person, are you? What is the basis for your conspiracy theories about White Sox ticket sales policies?

itsnotrequired
11-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Not a very trusting person, are you? What is the basis for your conspiracy theories about White Sox ticket sales policies?

The Sox are going to spin their numbers to make it look like if you don't purchase soon, you won't be able to get tickets. Hence a full season ticket holder opting to go to an Ozzie plan counts as a renewal.

Act now, supplies are limited!

Steelrod
11-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Good locatons will always be in demand.
Now that it has snowed (just barely) in Chicago, I cannot wait for next year!

LoveYourSuit
11-24-2008, 04:07 PM

Because it's a business.

monica73174
11-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Last year they allowed 4 payments and that was much more manageable. They also didnt expect the final payment until Feb. I remember getting the package in the mail and asking if you wanted to upgrade your seats. What happen to all that? Im kind of annoyed with how they are doing renewals this year.

CWS44
11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Last year they allowed 4 payments and that was much more manageable. They also didnt expect the final payment until Feb. I remember getting the package in the mail and asking if you wanted to upgrade your seats. What happen to all that? Im kind of annoyed with how they are doing renewals this year.

I'm curious too. Just received the e-mail about the Holiday Clubhouse Sale weekend of Dec. 5th. It indicates fans will be able to see which seats are available for season tickets.

In previous years, I have either been denied an upgrade or give one or two options, usually one on the 1st base side and one on 3rd. Has any STH called their rep and asked to see what is available?

soxfan21
11-26-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm curious too. Just received the e-mail about the Holiday Clubhouse Sale weekend of Dec. 5th. It indicates fans will be able to see which seats are available for season tickets.

In previous years, I have either been denied an upgrade or give one or two options, usually one on the 1st base side and one on 3rd. Has any STH called their rep and asked to see what is available?

The only thing my rep, Natalie, told me about upgrades earlier this month was that I would most likely not be able to upgrade seats because of the expected 95% renewal rate. I guess take that for what you will...

DumpJerry
11-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Because it's a business.
So, if I encounter you in your business setting, should I think that some of what you're telling me is bull**** and I should not believe your pitch?

Thanks for the heads up.

soxrepublican
11-26-2008, 06:54 PM
So, if I encounter you in your business setting, should I think that some of what you're telling me is bull**** and I should not believe your pitch?

Thanks for the heads up.

I second that, you bull****ter.:D:

I ♥ Hawk and BA
11-27-2008, 03:31 AM
The only thing my rep, Natalie, told me about upgrades earlier this month was that I would most likely not be able to upgrade seats because of the expected 95% renewal rate. I guess take that for what you will...

That's what my rep told me when I emailed him. I'm trying to upgrade from a 27 game plan to a full season plan. He said he would put me on a list for upgrades. Not really the answer I was looking for. :angry:

Harry Potter
11-27-2008, 02:37 PM

I got pretty much the same response from my new rep, Reynel.

<<
The tickets did increase and that was due to a combination of things. A few of the more prevalent reasons are due to our schedule and increases in cost to run the ballpark. This year we have 4 more premier games than last year because of the Dodgers series in June versus the Pirates last year. We also have another Yankees game bringing us to 4 additional premier games for 2009.

We are working through our renewals and currently have more than 90% of our customers from last year in. When we get through all of these around mid December we will have a better idea of what is available for relocations.
At this point it will be tough to relocate due to the success we had last year and the amount of renewals we already have in.>>

monica73174
11-28-2008, 10:49 AM

<<
The tickets did increase and that was due to a combination of things. A few of the more prevalent reasons are due to our schedule and increases in cost to run the ballpark. This year we have 4 more premier games than last year because of the Dodgers series in June versus the Pirates last year. We also have another Yankees game bringing us to 4 additional premier games for 2009.

We are working through our renewals and currently have more than 90% of our customers from last year in. When we get through all of these around mid December we will have a better idea of what is available for relocations.
At this point it will be tough to relocate due to the success we had last year and the amount of renewals we already have in.>>

The high renewal rate is because they made the post season and they made us buy all of those tickets. Now that we have such a huge deposit why wouldn’t we renew. But I think if they do not do something to keep this team in contention there will not be such a huge renewal next year.

dickallen15
11-28-2008, 11:12 AM

<<

Classic that he is implying the ticket prices have to go up due to more premium games. Aren't premium games called premium games at the White Sox discretion?

roylestillman
11-28-2008, 03:16 PM
I just realized that I renewed my 27 game Hit and Run plan without the faintest idea what games were chosen for it. Has anybody seen the list?

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2008, 06:38 PM

<<

This is the key piece of information all you conspiracy theorists need to come to grips with. It's November and the White Sox have already received over 90 percent of their renewals. This is a textbook example of commodity SCARCITY and anyone expecting a break from the Sox on prices or ticket selection is indulging in fantasy. Winning the division is paying off in a big way...

I can't help but also note how far the White Sox marketing department has come since the dark days of Rob Gallas's incompetence to now build the season ticket base to a point where opening day is still over 4 months away and all these guaranteed season ticket sales have already been larded away. For feeding the organization with operating capital, it sure beats the nonsense of staging "1/2-price Mondays with an empty can of pop" promotions.

:gallas
"As a marketing VP, I made a great Elvis impersonator!"

DumpJerry
11-28-2008, 07:04 PM
This makes too much sense to be bull****. Last year, primier tier games were $44.00 per ticket in my plan, versus $34.00 (or $36.00?) for the lowest tier. A four game switch from the lowest tier to the highest would account for a 9% increase in the overall package.

We really don't know what the price increase is until we get our actual tickets in March and see what the increase is for each pricing tier.

WS in 05
11-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I was never asked about relocation. I thought that was something they contacted me about in the past. They switched my rep for the third straight year. Why do I pay first if I want to upgrade? Or did I already **** the bed on this one?

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2008, 07:34 PM
The Sox are going to spin their numbers to make it look like if you don't purchase soon, you won't be able to get tickets. Hence a full season ticket holder opting to go to an Ozzie plan counts as a renewal.

Act now, supplies are limited!

Exactly. This is called "puffing your wares", a legally recognized right afforded to all sellers since the days of Ancient Rome. There is a huge difference between this and the legal definition of fraud...

If anyone honestly believes the Sox can't back up their claims, they have a simple remedy: Call the Sox' bluff and don't renew until the Sox (inevitably) come back later with a better offer. How many of the conspiratists and "sky is falling" types have the courage of their convictions? Not many I bet.

"Recession", "depression" or whatever other excuses anyone wants to make about this, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the Sox to cut deals anytime soon. I strongly suspect the Sox ticket office truly does have the whip-hand in any pricing/seat selection sales for the 2009 season.

chisoxfanatic
11-28-2008, 07:44 PM
I was never asked about relocation. I thought that was something they contacted me about in the past. They switched my rep for the third straight year. Why do I pay first if I want to upgrade? Or did I already **** the bed on this one?
Not that I wanted to relocate; but, I never was asked either. Perhaps due to the significant renewal percentage, it was pointless?

soxrepublican
11-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I might be able to get stadium club with my split season tickets this year, per my agent. So if I do get it, how many passes will I get? I have two tickets, and I hear, each mebership gets four passes per game. Will I get four, even though I only have two tickets? If I do get four, I will try to hook you guys up with some.

DumpJerry
11-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I might be able to get stadium club with my split season tickets this year, per my agent. So if I do get it, how many passes will I get? I have two tickets, and I hear, each mebership gets four passes per game. Will I get four, even though I only have two tickets? If I do get four, I will try to hook you guys up with some.
Don't forget, they don't take cash in the Stadium Club, be sure you have your plastic with you.

soxrepublican
11-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Don't forget, they don't take cash in the Stadium Club, be sure you have your plastic with you.

I know, and now with my own membership, I can just charge it to my account

chisoxmike
11-30-2008, 01:28 AM

Yes, they do take cash.

soxrepublican
11-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Yes, they do take cash.

Yep. Just like pop machines take credit cards.

chisoxmike
11-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Yep. Just like pop machines take credit cards.

When you get in you have to give them a credit card when you order. You have the option of paying in cash when you get the check or just charge the card you gave them.

Either that, or I'm really ****ing cool that they broke the "no cash" rules when I've been up there.

soxrepublican
11-30-2008, 12:00 PM
When you get in you have to give them a credit card when you order. You have the option of paying in cash when you get the check or just charge the card you gave them.

Either that, or I'm really ****ing cool that they broke the "no cash" rules when I've been up there.

No, I have been up there hundreds of times with my buddy, and I have never seen them take cash. Two options, Credit, or Charge it to your account, if you have the side that lets you do that. They must of broke a rule or you could be mistaking it with somewhere else.

itsnotrequired
11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
mike should have his season tickets revoked

soxrepublican
11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
mike should have his season tickets revoked

I might have to agree.

Bruizer
12-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I just realized that I renewed my 27 game Hit and Run plan without the faintest idea what games were chosen for it. Has anybody seen the list?

I haven't seen anything yet, but you can usually count on getting opening day and almost all if not all of the Friday games.

Bru