PDA

View Full Version : Where will OC land?

cws05champ
11-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Who do you think will sign OC and give us a 1st round pick? Here are some possible destinations with teams of need at SS with the draft position we would get for compensation:

Oakland (if they are going for it)- sandwich pick and supplemental.
Blue Jays - 18th overall + Supp
Cardinals- 19th overall + Supp
Dodgers- 16th overall + Supp
Giants- sandwich pick and supplemental
Nats- sandwich pick and supplemental
Orioles- sandwich pick and supplemental
Reds- sandwich pick and supplemental
Tigers- sandwich pick and supplemental
Twins- 21st overall +supp

I'm not saying all of these teams would pony up the cash to sign OC, but they have some need or ? at SS. It would be nice to get 16-18th overall pick in return + and supp pick in next years draft.

JermaineDye05
11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I could see him going to the Dodgers.

sox1970
11-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Detroit

Sockinchisox
11-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Detroit

I'm thinking so as well.

Lip Man 1
11-12-2008, 08:26 PM
All reports are he wants to play on the West Coast or in a warm climate.

Last I looked Detroit doesn't fit those parameters.

Lip

SoxyStu
11-12-2008, 08:41 PM

Lip

Sounds like hell suits him well...and that's perfectly fine with me.

Lundind1
11-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I have the distinct feeling that he is going to head East for some reason or another. I haven't even heard a peep out of his representation as to who they are even talking to.

Dub25
11-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Montreal

Rockabilly
11-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Minnesota

SoxNation05
11-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Montreal
That's not teal.... or funny.

Dub25
11-12-2008, 09:44 PM
That's not teal.... or funny.

Oh my, sorry for offending on both fronts and happy 1000th post to me.

kittle42
11-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Anywhere but here.

LoveYourSuit
11-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Twins like him. He would fit great over there with their style of play

oeo
11-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Twins like him. He would fit great over there with their style of play

You don't still believe that, do you? That's what we were told coming into the season, that he could do the little things right, and it really couldn't have been farther from the truth. Maybe he had an off year, or maybe he was just plain selfish, but his 'style', quite frankly, sucked.

soltrain21
11-12-2008, 11:57 PM

What did he do?

oeo
11-13-2008, 12:00 AM
What did he do?

Had a pretty good year if you look at the numbers. But he had multiple flare ups in the clubhouse, he was overall pretty selfish with the bat (for a "perfect" #2 hitter, he certainly didn't like to move guys over), did not bring his A+ defense, and pretty much just came off as a douche in his time here.

OC was not as advertised, and I think that's why he's disliked so much. He was supposed to bring an unselfish bat with good contact, Gold Glove defense, and leadership. I don't think he brought any of that besides the occasional spell of good contact.

LoveYourSuit
11-13-2008, 12:22 AM
You don't still believe that, do you? That's what we were told coming into the season, that he could do the little things right, and it really couldn't have been farther from the truth. Maybe he had an off year, or maybe he was just plain selfish, but his 'style', quite frankly, sucked.

He played exactly how a guy would play when playing for a contract.

oeo
11-13-2008, 12:24 AM
He played exactly how a guy would play when playing for a contract.

Half-assing defense (and yes, I think he half-assed it sometimes...he was ****ing awful going to his left)? Borderline clubhouse cancer? How does that help him? Maybe the offensive numbers are better, but OC is known a lot for his defensive skills, and is supposed to be a leader.

LoveYourSuit
11-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Half-assing defense (and yes, I think he half-assed it sometimes...he was ****ing awful going to his left)? Borderline clubhouse cancer? How does that help him? Maybe the offensive numbers are better, but OC is known a lot for his defensive skills, and is supposed to be a leader.

OC did lose a step or two in range and running out of the box. I don't think it has to do with half assing it, I think the guy is aging quick.

He was also not fundementaly sound as everyone claimed he was. The guy was the culperate for most of the bone head rundown plays we seemed to botch once per week.

That said, I still think for the $$$, he will fit in with the Twins. He is not going to get this huge contract everyone thinks he is going to get. Therefore, this is why I think the Twins will be a player for his services. And in that ballpark where contact hitters have career years, he is a solid fit.

Lundind1
11-13-2008, 01:02 AM
I am fine with him going anywhere to rot in the NL. He can take his ass clownery elsewhere. When I said out east for some reason I just think that he might end up with the Orioles or something stupid like that. Something we didn't see.

Taliesinrk
11-13-2008, 01:20 AM
Oh my, sorry for offending on both fronts and happy 1000th post to me.

did you change your name?

oeo
11-13-2008, 01:51 AM
OC did lose a step or two in range and running out of the box. I don't think it has to do with half assing it, I think the guy is aging quick.

It wasn't that he couldn't get to stuff up the middle, it was that he couldn't suck it up. I don't know how many times he let the ball go right under his glove, or short-armed it...or just completely booted it.

cws05champ
11-13-2008, 08:34 AM
One reason I can't see him going to the Twins is that they hate to give up draft picks...and for their 1st rounder to go to a division rival. That would be tough.

LA, maybe San Fran, Cardinals or the BlueJays IMO

GAsoxfan
11-13-2008, 09:47 AM
If Atlanta gets Peavy and they're not comfortable with Lillibridge at short, they may try to sign Cabrera.

khan
11-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Oakland (if they are going for it)- sandwich pick and supplemental.
Blue Jays - 18th overall + Supp
Dodgers- 16th overall + Supp
Giants- sandwich pick and supplemental
Nats- sandwich pick and supplemental
Orioles- sandwich pick and supplemental
Reds- sandwich pick and supplemental
Tigers- sandwich pick and supplemental
Twins- 21st overall +supp

Of these teams, I'd guess that the three in bold are the most likely destinations.

I'm thinking that the Holliday move may signal that Beane thinks that the A's can compete in '09. [Seattle sucks, Texas can't pitch, the Angels are getting older.]

The 'Jays may have been enboldened by Tampa's 2008 season, and the Yankee's shedding of Giambi and others.

The Dodgers are just stupid, and will over-spend on virtually any veteran FA that becomes available.

The rest of the teams either don't seem like a fit for Cabrera [Minn], or aren't in a position to compete in '09 [SF, Nats], or don't have the cash [Cincinnati]. But I could be wrong.

I don't particularly care WHERE OC goes, so long as he returns some decent draft picks to us.

beasly213
11-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I hope he goes to the Giants and rots. That team is going to be in trouble for a long time.

Lundind1
11-13-2008, 01:51 PM
I hope he goes to the Giants and rots. That team is going to be in trouble for a long time.

I don't know what the attraction for a team like that would be other than money. Our old buddy Rowand figured that one out.

alohafri
11-13-2008, 02:09 PM

Lip

Wouldn't that put them over their limit of Cabreras anyway? :redneck

johnr1note
11-13-2008, 02:18 PM
If Atlanta gets Peavy and they're not comfortable with Lillibridge at short, they may try to sign Cabrera.

I agree here.

eaganmafia
11-13-2008, 02:19 PM

I'm gonna go with them bringing back Renteria on a cheap 1-2 year deal.

I see Cabrera going to the Dodgers.

Madscout
11-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Do they have any good draft picks?

whitesox901
11-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Dodgers or Detriot