PDA

View Full Version : David Weathers, Anyone?

AzureJazzMan
11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Apparently David Weathers, is done with Cinci, and wants to move on. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081112&content_id=3676146&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin&partnerId=rss_cin

We need more relievers in the pen, and Weathers is a fiery guy with a decent track record. Why not?

While we're at it, how about picking up Jerry Harriston Jr. and bringing him back to the White Sox family, as a utility guy?

I wouldn't imagine, that these 2 guys cost a fortune.

btrain929
11-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't oppose to either of them to be role-players on this team. Hairston can be a swingman around the infield, and Weather can be our 6-7th inning guy or maybe go 2 innings if our start can only go 4-5 innings.

As always, though, it'll depend on what it would cost us and what other teams are offering them.

AzureJazzMan
11-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Perhaps Weathers would go for 3 Mil. per year on a 2-3 year deal? Too Much?

Harriston, would/should cost less than Uribe did, in the same type of role last season.

khan
11-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Weathers, at 39? Sure, why not? He's a right-hander, no? I'd rather spend some money on a decent lefty, but Weathers can't hurt if signed cheaply, I guess..

OTOH, Hairston was on the Mitchell Report, and has never been good at baseball. If memory serves, the moron actually wrote "Steroids" in the memo section of his check made out to the prescribing physician/quack. He's also now 32 years old, and is on the downside of a craptacular career. I'd rather keep Uribe as the utility IF, or head in a different direction. But not someone who is bad at baseball, is a cheater, and is stupid on top of it.

Zisk77
11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Why not he's better than Jenks afterall.

delben91
11-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Why not he's better than Jenks afterall.

Can we get Jeremy Accardo while we're at it? :praying:

turners56
11-12-2008, 06:35 PM
His WHIP was 1.5 last year. You know what that means right? A bunch of base runners that will make you sweat your ass off. Plus, if he inherits runners, they'll most likely score. Don't let the ERA fool you.