PDA

View Full Version : How cool is the Fenway infield?

MattSharp
05-20-2002, 07:34 PM
I just noticed the emblem in the grass. That looks so awesome....

MarqSox
05-20-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

I think it's pretty lame myself. Just cut the grass.

hsc1
05-20-2002, 11:04 PM
and here all this time i thought it was royces outter limits friends sending him direction through crop circles for tonites game.......i have to agree with marqsox.. cut the darn grass already ......

baggio202
05-21-2002, 12:52 AM
just a cool place for baseball...despite the fact they havent won anything since we have... i do envy them...they seem to have special relationship with fans and players there..

Nellie_Fox
05-21-2002, 01:40 AM
awesome: capable of inspiring awe.
awe: respect mixed with fear.

You fear and respect the Bosox infield grass?

FarWestChicago
05-21-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

You fear and respect the Bosox infield grass? Man, I'm glad I didn't get to see the game. I don't want to develop a phobia of grass. :smile:

harwar
05-21-2002, 10:03 AM
Its just the first step toward more on-field ads.Someday soon(if baseball survives)you will see a beer or pepsi can etched in the grass.The uniforms are not far behind,i noticed a catcher with a huge nike swoosh on his chest protector.The unis will prob look like the ones nascar guys wear someday.

GASHWOUND
05-21-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Eh, I don't think its "lame"
It looks alright if I say so myself

Soxheads
05-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Its just the first step toward more on-field ads.Someday soon(if baseball survives)you will see a beer or pepsi can etched in the grass.The uniforms are not far behind,i noticed a catcher with a huge nike swoosh on his chest protector.The unis will prob look like the ones nascar guys wear someday.

And that fly ball is brought in by Kenny Lofton, powered by White Sox Interactive! Totally Biased for all your Sox needs!

voodoochile
05-21-2002, 11:48 AM

Nellie, you're such like a language purest, like... that's sooooo awesome, like...

:D:

voodoochile
05-21-2002, 11:55 AM

Lame:

1)Disabled in one or more limbs, especially the leg or foot
2)Marked by pain or rigidness
3)Weak and ineffectual

Since the grass wasn't screaming in pain and appeared to bear weight well, though still remaining flexible, I can only assume you meant ineffectual. However it did accomplish it's intended purpose - create an image of the Red Sox logo. Which you clearly recognized otherwise your statement makes no sense...

:D:

Anyone know how they do that? Is it different grass seed? Paint?

MattSharp
05-21-2002, 01:55 PM

You have issues......

Nellie_Fox
05-22-2002, 01:41 AM
You have issues......
Why's that Matt? Because awesome used to be a good word with a very specific meaning, and now through its continued, cliched use as a word meaning nothing more than "good" or "cool" we have been left without a word to describe what awesome used to mean?

By the way, they already have (and may well be using) the technology to computer generate images that appear on TV to be mowed into the grass, but if you were at the park they would not be there, much like a lot of the advertising signs you see behind home plate on TV are not really at the ballpark. They could put a different ad in the grass for every inning, and different ones for different markets if the feed is going to more than one city.

Garrison
05-22-2002, 09:18 AM
What is the emblem of? I couldn't figure it out.

KruseControl04
05-22-2002, 09:21 AM

Yeah really. Cut the damn grass with the stripe patterns and play the game.

KruseControl04
05-22-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Garrison
What is the emblem of? I couldn't figure it out.

It's two socks.