PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training

soxwon
11-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Who goes regularly?
Who will in 09?
Do you prefer Tucson to Phoenix-glendale?
who else goes to florida in march like me?

Chicken Dinner
11-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Me
Yes
Glendale
No Florida

guillen4life13
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Who goes regularly?
Who will in 09?

Last year I went to my first ST game: Marlins vs. Mets. I had a lot of fun and I really liked the atmosphere--just sit and not worry about anything, watch baseball, keep score, watch some prospects play along with big guys, and enjoy the weather. It was cool to get really up close and see guys like Cameron Maybin, who I had heard so much about due to the Cabrera trade, and Hanley Ramirez.

Lundind1
11-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Yes.
Not this year, new job and responsibilities.
No.
No, although I was in Sarasota a few times when the Sox called that home for a while.

I would like to see more of the Florida Grapefruit league in the coming years. Seems like the Sox have a decent spread of in Arizona to make that interesting, lots of teams we wouldn't normally see in a regular season.

LITTLE NELL
11-10-2008, 06:05 AM
The Sox should move back to Sarasota.

SCCWS
11-10-2008, 08:17 AM
The Sox should move back to Sarasota

Sarasota is desperate for a team now that Cincy is leaving for AZ. They heavily courted Boston but lost out as they signed a 30 year deal w Ft Myers. AZ is more attractive financially right now to teams. Dodgers left Florida after years in Vero.

chisox117
11-10-2008, 09:04 PM
The Sox should move back to Sarasota.

No, they shouldn't.

:gulp:

chisoxmike
11-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Who goes regularly?
Who will in 09?

Nope.
No. But would like to some day.
Don't like either.
Nope.

guillen4life13
11-10-2008, 09:45 PM
No, they shouldn't.

:gulp:

As someone who lives in Miami now, I must disagree. I would really, really love to see them in ST but my schedule is always impossible.

manders_01
11-10-2008, 11:46 PM
'09 will be season #3 for me. I try to go St. Patty's Day weekend cause the Sox play the Scrubs at home that Saturday. Hopefully MarySwiss won't have banjo lessons and we will get to have a WSI gathering that day (or at minimum I'll at least get to see her). :D:

I prefer staying in Tucson as the drive between there and Phoenix metro is a pain in the ass. But when (if) they move, I'm okay with the new location. It'll be cheaper airfare and a little more to do (Tucson sometimes feels desolate to me).

30DaysintheHole
11-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Took the family for the first time in in March and highly recommend going. Great chance to get the players' autographs, and who can argue with ballpark nachoes? The Sonoran desert is beautiful that time of year, so it doesn't matter Glenadale vs. Tuscon. I just wish they had a final decision.

whitesoxwilkes
11-12-2008, 01:31 PM
We go to Florida for St Paddy's week every March. Always catch the Phils on ST Patrick's Day, the Twins, Tigers and Rays.

FarmerAndy
11-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I prefer Tuscon. It's a dirty old city that still has an old west vibe to it.

The Phoenix area is like a huge Orland Park in the middle of the desert. If I travel that far, I want to see some different atmosphere.

doublem23
11-12-2008, 03:13 PM
If my schedule at work allows it, I am going to try to make the trek to Glendale this Spring. Really like the renderings of the Sox's new park. I don't have strong feelings on either Arizona or Florida, but at least the weather is better in Arizona, and I may as well go down and check it out before they run out of water in the Southwest.

michned
11-13-2008, 10:56 AM
I prefer Tuscon. It's a dirty old city that still has an old west vibe to it.

The Phoenix area is like a huge Orland Park in the middle of the desert. If I travel that far, I want to see some different atmosphere.

Wrong, you just haven't been to the parts of town that look like Orland Park.

MarySwiss
11-13-2008, 05:55 PM
'09 will be season #3 for me. I try to go St. Patty's Day weekend cause the Sox play the Scrubs at home that Saturday. Hopefully MarySwiss won't have banjo lessons and we will get to have a WSI gathering that day (or at minimum I'll at least get to see her). :D:

I prefer staying in Tucson as the drive between there and Phoenix metro is a pain in the ass. But when (if) they move, I'm okay with the new location. It'll be cheaper airfare and a little more to do (Tucson sometimes feels desolate to me).

I'll still have banjo lessons, but I can skip one now and then. :cool:

Plus Spawn was considering coming out in 2009, possibly with Mrs. Spawn. Also, there's AZChiSoxFan, ChickenDinner, Markopat, Michned, and I'm sure I'm leaving some people out. If we know what the stadium story is far enough ahead, we should be able to pull off a mini-WSI gathering.

Hell, who knows? If you come down early enough, you might get to see and hear me perform at the Thursday open mic night at Final Round in Tempe, where I am becoming a "regular." (Of course, that could be construed as a reason to come down Friday!) :D:

markopat
11-14-2008, 08:20 AM

Plus Spawn was considering coming out in 2009, possibly with Mrs. Spawn. Also, there's AZChiSoxFan, ChickenDinner, Markopat, Michned, and I'm sure I'm leaving some people out. If we know what the stadium story is far enough ahead, we should be able to pull off a mini-WSI gathering.

Hell, who knows? If you come down early enough, you might get to see and hear me perform at the Thursday open mic night at Final Round in Tempe, where I am becoming a "regular." (Of course, that could be construed as a reason to come down Friday!) :D:

I'd be down with that!! SouthSideSid is out here too...Bring it!!

MarySwiss
11-15-2008, 09:35 AM
I'd be down with that!! SouthSideSid is out here too...Bring it!!

I see in another thread that they'll almost certainly be in Glendale, so pulling a gathering--or more!--together will probably get easier now.

soxrme
11-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Who goes regularly?
Who will in 09?

I have gone for the last 5 years and we always stay in the Phoenix area and drive to Tucson for a game. We can watch the Sox in Phoenix because of so many teams there. Most of the stadiums are nice with ample parking and a lot of fun. The area has many good restaurants (especially Scottsdale). Been to Florida prefer Arizona.

manders_01
11-17-2008, 11:49 PM

Oh I will most certainly be doing my best to come down on Thursday afternoon! I would love to see you perform! :bandance:

And what would be better than having a bunch of crazy, cheering Sox fans in the audience for you? :D: