PDA

View Full Version : I hope today is not a sign of things to come

kittle42
11-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Man, venomous attacks, stupid trade proposals, rumor after rumor after rumor...

I love the offseason.

soxfan43
11-07-2008, 02:13 PM

I love the offseason.

It'll probably be more of the same until the Winter meetings start up, then at least SOME of the rumors turn into reality.

NLaloosh
11-07-2008, 02:13 PM
If you had any ****ing brains in your head you would know that we have to trade Danks, Floyd and Quentin for prospects!

Mr.1Dog
11-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Add to the list, Favorite place for pizza, italian beef, hot dogs, getting Gino's East delivered, ketchup on hot dogs, best chicken fingers etc. (Although I don't think there has ever been a discussion on the chicken fingers.:?:)

EMachine10
11-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Speaking of Winter Meetings, when do those start again?

soxfan43
11-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I also think Kenny will be waiting til after the iniatial free agent rush to make any moves. Swisher/Konerko would be a good plan b or c to Texeira and Javy isn't a bad backup plan to CC, Lowe or Peavy. But as always, Kenny usually pulls some surprise move out of nowhere.

oeo
11-07-2008, 02:29 PM

I love the offseason.

How do you not like the rumors? It keeps things exciting.

If Kenny wasn't as aggressive as he is, what would we talk about?

btrain929
11-07-2008, 02:31 PM

Let's find some Pirates' fans and ask them...

Rockabilly
11-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Speaking of Winter Meetings, when do those start again?

Dec 8th

areilly
11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
(Although I don't think there has ever been a discussion on the chicken fingers.:?:)

Byron's. And I'll cut someone if they disagree.

kittle42
11-07-2008, 03:21 PM

I don't mind the rumors. I get sick of all the "a friend told me that..."

chisoxmike
11-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I like hearing actual, substantial rumors. Not articles by a writer that suggests a team makes "this" trade.

I also don't like something someone thought up while taking a shower in the morning or a trade done on playstation or their FANTASY LEAGUE!!!!1111!

But who am I to say?

Madscout
11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I like hearing actual, substantial rumors. Not articles by a writer that suggests a team makes "this" trade.

I also don't like something someone thought up while taking a shower in the morning or a trade done on playstation or their FANTASY LEAGUE!!!!1111!

But who am I to say?
What's the score?

white sox bill
11-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Don't the Sox have their organizational meetings sometime soon?

chisoxmike
11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't the Sox have their organizational meetings sometime soon?

I think they already had them. Winter Meetings are in December in VEGAS.

FedEx227
11-07-2008, 05:10 PM

But 98% of them aren't the least bit credible.

People go to mlbtraderumors, see some dude on a blog that has no more info than you and I, said The Giants have expressed interest in moving Matt Cain. Potential teams (based on his blind observation) are the White Sox, Angels, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Padres, Pirates, Blue Jays, Rays, Rangers, Cardinals.

Then 400 responses "KENNY Dunt DO IT, CAYNE IS TRASH!!!!"

"Wuld Brawdway an Fieldz be enuf?"

They are ****ing annoying in my mind.

turners56
11-07-2008, 05:11 PM
This is what makes the off-season eventful.

FedEx227
11-07-2008, 05:15 PM
This is what makes the off-season eventful.

If we used credible, sensible rumors from credible sources.

Not *insert 25-year old blogger with no connections* thinks *insert MLB team* might want to move *insert player* with possible suitors being *insert any team with a potential need for that player, best done with pitchers with about 30 teams interested*.

Those aren't rumors. That's some dude saying something, then people here making up their own rumors.

Well the Astros could possibly move Oswalt. Yes, they could. I doubt they would. But I've done nothing here but say that an underachieving team has the potential to move their highest valued player. Of course they could possibly move him. The Marlins could possibly move Hanley Ramirez, but they won't. So there.

The Astros might move Oswalt. Discuss and argue now.

"UR AN IDIAT, KENNY CAN GIT IT DUN!"

If an actual source mentions players that fit and mention two teams then I'm fine with them. But these blind blogger crap is just stupid.

turners56
11-07-2008, 05:32 PM

Not *insert 25-year old blogger with no connections* thinks *insert MLB team* might want to move *insert player* with possible suitors being *insert any team with a potential need for that player, best done with pitchers with about 30 teams interested*.

Those aren't rumors. That's some dude saying something, then people here making up their own rumors.

Well the Astros could possibly move Oswalt. Yes, they could. I doubt they would. But I've done nothing here but say that an underachieving team has the potential to move their highest valued player. Of course they could possibly move him. The Marlins could possibly move Hanley Ramirez, but they won't. So there.

If an actual source mentions players that fit and mention two teams then I'm fine with them. But these blind blogger crap is just stupid.

Sources as in writers from newspapers and big sports networks. They're not the most credible either, but the rumors here today aren't the result of some 25-year old blogging about what he thinks. They're educated guesses by writers that are hired by big networks and publishing companies.

kittle42
11-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Sources as in writers from newspapers and big sports networks. They're not the most credible either, but the rumors here today aren't the result of some 25-year old blogging about what he thinks. They're educated guesses by writers that are hired by big networks and publishing companies.

This much is true, but as was mentioned yesterday, I have yet to meet a columnist that WSI liked or believed.

FedEx227
11-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Or who is accurate with 0.00000001% of his "rumors" and "rumblings".

Look, I love the idea of trade rumors, but I wish we'd keep it to rumors. Somewhere rumors and wilid throw stuff on a wall and see what sticks got mixed up.

If Phil Rogers hears Kenny Williams get off the phone with Minaya or someone tells Rogers directly that Kenny has been talking about a Luis Castillo trade, then cool, good, let's discuss.

But if Tom Ferrenary of AstroTalk says the Stros may or may not be considering dealing Roy Oswalt to an American League team, why are we going at great lengths to discuss and argue with one another?

Sockinchisox
11-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I can't stand when people take reporters "suggestions" and say that teams are talking about those certian players. For instance, the Swisher-Cano thing isn't even being talked about it was a "suggestion" of a reporter.

I do love actual rumors though.

Lukin13
11-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Who Cares?

If you are coming to this forum in November, you cannot expect to find anything but rumors.

Here is a tip: watch the news at night, they will tell you if the Sox made a trade or signed anyone. Then it will be safe to come back to WSI, there might be more than speculation going on at that time. Otherwise, it will all be rumor talk.

FedEx227
11-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I can't stand when people take reporters "suggestions" and say that teams are talking about those certian players. For instance, the Swisher-Cano thing isn't even being talked about it was a "suggestion" of a reporter.

I do love actual rumors though.

Thank you. It's a waste of time and arguments.

Actual rumors, no problem. Kenny Williams says to a reporter "We're weighing our options, but blank and blank are on our target list"

but some blogger or reporter going Swisher can be traded...the Yankees want to trade CANO...CANO FOR SWISHER!

Konerko05
11-07-2008, 08:10 PM
How is anyone supposed to know what trades are credibly being talked about? No GM is going to tell reporters about trades they are working on. All we have is speculation. I don't see anything wrong with discussing "rumors" during the offseason. What else is there to talk about? Most of the discussion here today has at least been semi-intelligent. As long as everyone understands they are just rumors, I don't see a problem with the discussions.

WhiteSox5187
11-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't mind rumors (even if they're some guy on here saying "What if we traded this guy for that guy?") what I can't stand are the personal attacks by certain members of this board.

FedEx227
11-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't mind rumors (even if they're some guy on here saying "What if we traded this guy for that guy?") what I can't stand are the personal attacks by certain members of this board.

Yes, we have more bull**** arguments about non-sensible trade rumors than we do during the year. Discuss all you want, that's fine but this time is when we have the most "stats are stupid" arguments.

WhiteSox5187
11-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Yes, we have more bull**** arguments about non-sensible trade rumors than we do during the year. Discuss all you want, that's fine but this time is when we have the most "stats are stupid" arguments.
It's not just the stats-no stats argument that drives me nuts, but what I can't stand is when you have that argument devolve into a "you're an idiot" "No YOU'RE an idiot!" thing that drives me nuts...

russ99
11-08-2008, 02:55 PM

The Astros won't move Oswalt. :tongue: I've never seen a MLB club start the season with a zero-man pitching rotation.

Lip Man 1
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Kittle:

You mean WSI doesn't trust me?

LOL

Lip

:tongue:

whitesox901
11-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Even the rumors that are only suggestions by reporters I still enjoy it.

FedEx227
11-08-2008, 10:26 PM
The Astros won't move Oswalt. :tongue: I've never seen a MLB club start the season with a zero-man pitching rotation.

u r AN idet, they wuld move him if wii give BRODEWAY n Feeldz.

fox23
11-09-2008, 10:34 AM

I think the Tigers might want to move Justin Verlander with possible suitors being the Cardinals, Mets, and Brewers.

Whoops I'm 27, not 25.