PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama to throw first pitch at opener?

Bob G
11-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I heard this morning on Steve Dahl that Kenny Williams invited Barack to throw the first pitch at the home opener next year. No word yet if Barack accepted the invitation but if his schedule allows and being a Sox fan I'm sure if he can make it he'll be there.

hellview
11-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I heard this morning on Steve Dahl that Kenny Williams invited Barack to throw the first pitch at the home opener next year. No word yet if Barack accepted the invitation but if his schedule allows and being a Sox fan I'm sure if he can make it he'll be there.

Doesn't the president throw out the first pitch for the Nationals.

Law11
11-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Not when he's a Sox fan. There's a few threads on this in the PI forum.
This thread is starting off quiet enough but in case you haven't noticed anything related to politics has been closed..

Who knows, if the schedule allows it he may throw the ball out for the Nats too.

Bob G
11-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Doesn't the president throw out the first pitch for the Nationals.

I don't believe there's any set tradition - he could do both I suppose if the schedule allows.

My son just has an idea for a new (updated) Sox commercial:

They should do a remake of the Mayor Daley commercial with AJ shaking off the mayor and then Barack telling him to bunt.

voodoochile
11-06-2008, 11:26 AM
He's been invited, obviously nothing has been confirmed. Please take these types of thread to PI. Read the latest post in the Things every WSI poster should know thread for more information.

Thanks.