PDA

View Full Version : KW Track Record When Trading Away Pitching/Vazquez Rumors

Thome25
11-05-2008, 09:49 AM
If the rumors are true that KW is trying to shop Vazquez then I want him out of town as soon as humanly possible.

Look at KW's track record when trading away pitchers that he no longer deems useful.

He traded away Mike Sirotka, Kip Wells, Freddy Garcia, Brandon McCarthy, and Jon Garland.

These pitchers all proved that they were used up and had nothing left. Though the jury is still out on Garland and possibly even McCarthy but, WTS they seem to be leaning that way.

So if KW thinks it's time to get rid of Javy then I trust his judgement. His track record has shown that he knows when it's time to get rid of a starter and plug someone else in there.

What do you think? THANKS for posting!!

Tekijawa
11-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I think he's about a year late on Vazquez

CashMan
11-05-2008, 02:09 PM

Didn't people think that about Garcia?

Tragg
11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
I believe that article mentioned Willy Taveras (and his career .331 obp) and "lead off hitter" in the same sentence.
Yikes.
Keep him away from Ozzie.

turners56
11-05-2008, 07:05 PM

I think so too.

He had a lot of value coming into this season after having almost a career year in 07. Unfortunately, our own pitching staff needed some help due to the fact that Danks and Floyd were both unproven and that Contreras was coming off the worst season of his career. Trading Vazquez last off-season would of made everybody ballistic and seem totally stupid at that point and time. It sure looks like he should of made it now, but that's hindsight.

Craig Grebeck
11-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I think so too.

He had a lot of value coming into this season after having almost a career year in 07. Unfortunately, our own pitching staff needed some help due to the fact that Danks and Floyd were both unproven and that Contreras was coming off the worst season of his career. Trading Vazquez last off-season would of made everybody ballistic and seem totally stupid at that point and time. It sure looks like he should of made it now, but that's hindsight.
Yeah, we could have totally done without his pitching all year. Good call.

SoxNation05
11-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, we could have totally done without his pitching all year. Good call.
Yeah and we totally would have gotten absolutely nothing in return for a pitcher who put up 15 wins on a horrible team and posted a 3.74 ERA in a very hitters heavy ballpark.
The point is, KW would not have gone into the 2008 season only knowing what to expect out of one of his starting pitchers. He is a winner and even without the resources he will put his team in the best position to win.

Lip Man 1
11-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Well Greg Walker is quoted tonight at White Sox.com in a story as saying his Christmas wish is for the Sox to get a legit #1 and #2 hitter, stick Quentin in the #3 slot and "get after it."

Lip

PalehosePlanet
11-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Well Greg Walker is quoted tonight at White Sox.com in a story as saying his Christmas wish is for the Sox to get a legit #1 and #2 hitter, stick Quentin in the #3 slot and "get after it."

Lip

That's fine so long as the lead-off hitter is not Willy Tavares.

Lip, have you heard from your sources if KW is still enamored with Robinson Cano or Brandon Phillips? I still expect a big splash via trade for a 2B or 3B.

fugazis
11-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I would like to see if KW could maybe swing a Javy for Coco Crisp with the Red Sox. If I remember correctly, there were 'rumors' last offseason the White Sox were trying to pry him away, but the Red Sox weren't sold yet on Ellsbury as the full time CF. Not sure how their contracts stack up against each other.

btrain929
11-05-2008, 09:38 PM
I would like to see if KW could maybe swing a Javy for Coco Crisp with the Red Sox. If I remember correctly, there were 'rumors' last offseason the White Sox were trying to pry him away, the the Red Sox weren't sold yet on Ellsbury as the full time CF. Not sure how their contracts stack up against each other.

Our #3-4 starter for their part time CF? Where do I sign up?

Lip Man 1
11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Haven't heard a thing on Brandon Phillips.

Lip