PDA

View Full Version : Carl Pavano becomes a free agent

EuroSox35
11-04-2008, 08:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3682950 (Giambi too)

Just curious, what do you guys think he's worth, $$ wise?

turners56
11-04-2008, 09:01 PM
A heavily incentive laden contract for one or two years.

ChiSoxGirl
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Pavano only made 26 starts in the span of four season?! Wow, that's a little more than six starts a year. Talk about money poorly spent! What a bust that guy was! Remember when he and Beckett anchored the Marlins' staff? Seems like ages ago.

TheOldRoman
11-04-2008, 10:01 PM
We don't need to out ourselves or call others out, but...

remember when everyone was screaming for Kenny to sign him before 2005? Scary to think what would have happened to this franchise if that happened, other than us not winning the World Series. By the way, I am not implying that Kenny made an effort to sign him, I don't remember.

Over By There
11-05-2008, 08:14 AM
That will have to go down as one of the biggest busts in the history of the game. I don't think I'd sign the guy for anything more than a minor league contract.

MeteorsSox4367
11-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Maybe the Sox can go after Giambi, too? No thanks.

khan
11-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Giambi and Pavano are two of the MLB players I hate and despise the most.

For Pavano, it was his highway robbery, after having had only 1 decent season that causes me to hate him. Though it was the Yankees that got ripped off, Pavano's obese contract and mediocre performance set the market bubble in terms of SP contracts in MLB. He should be ashamed to call himself a man, and should rebate most of his salary, just based on principle.

Giambi is human garbage. He's a cheating cheater who should rat out the rest of his fellow cheaters. Who knows who else [besides Frank Thomas] were cheated out of incentive bonuses, contract extensions, or endorsements due to his cheating. In the name of justice, he should either go away, get seriously injured, or be blacklisted from MLB. [Though I know none of these will happen.]

hellview
11-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Giambi is human garbage. He's a cheating cheater who should rat out the rest of his fellow cheaters. Who knows who else [besides Frank Thomas] were cheated out of incentive bonuses, contract extensions, or endorsements due to his cheating. In the name of justice, he should either go away, get seriously injured, or be blacklisted from MLB. [Though I know none of these will happen.]

http://www.thinkprogresswatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/stop_snitchin.jpg