PDA

View Full Version : yankee pitcher on monday?


mike squires
05-20-2002, 12:21 AM
i know it's a week away but does anyone know the probable starter for the opening game of the series against the sox? i'm not all that familiar with their rotation. i'm hoping it's wells. i went to ask someone on the yankee sight. man was i dissapointed! the sight sucked and it locked up my computer. you guys at whitesox interactive deserve much praise.

i'm praying for warmer weather by then also!!! i braved the 38 degree sox lost on friday.

Paulwny
05-20-2002, 12:01 PM
It's only a guess. Due to Pettites injury and El Duques aches and pains the rotation is Clemens, El Duque, Wells, Mussina and Lilly. Clemens pitched yesterday so it looks like Mussina next Monday, maybe.

Garrison
05-20-2002, 05:18 PM
Damn. Mussina is a good pitcher. If nobody Jared Washburn can hold the Sox to four hits, imagine what anyone on the Yankee staff can do to us. Red Sox and then Yankees. Not a good place to gain ground on the Twinkies. Can we stay above .500 please?

Soxheads
05-20-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by michael penny
i know it's a week away but does anyone know the probable starter for the opening game of the series against the sox? i'm not all that familiar with their rotation. i'm hoping it's wells. i went to ask someone on the yankee sight. man was i dissapointed! the sight sucked and it locked up my computer. you guys at whitesox interactive deserve much praise.

i'm praying for warmer weather by then also!!! i braved the 38 degree sox lost on friday.


God forbid anyone using the Totally Biased Series Update when it has this kind of info!

FarWestChicago
05-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads



God forbid anyone using the Totally Biased Series Update when it has this kind of info! Uhhh, it doesn't. The Skanks series preview isn't up yet.

Soxheads
05-20-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Uhhh, it doesn't. The Skanks series preview isn't up yet.

I know, but people ask questions like this, we usually have an answer to it in the TBSU.

Paulwny
05-21-2002, 05:34 AM
I heard on espn that El Duque didn't start last night because of a sore back and Wells will miss his start because of a sore back. Mussina and Lilly will pitch on 1 days less rest. Who knows what their rotation will look like by the end of the week.

Garrison
05-21-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Mussina and Lilly will pitch on 1 days less rest. Who knows what their rotation will look like by the end of the week.

Horray! The Yankees got off to a slow start, but they've turned it on lately and won some games. I hope this will help the Sox slow them back down.