PDA

View Full Version : Nationals looking for a firstbaseman/cleanup hitter.

NLaloosh
11-03-2008, 10:09 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081102&content_id=3660612&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was&partnerId=rss_was

skobabe8
11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Clubhouse? :scratch:

oeo
11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
First, what's the score?

Second, what's your point? Do you honestly think that Konerko would accept a trade to Washington? Dream on.

NLaloosh
11-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Sorry, maybe it shouldn't be here. I doubt the Sox could get Paulie to waive his NTC to go there.

But, I'd love to see the Sox unload the salary if only for prospects.

hi im skot
11-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Hittin' the pipe again, eh?

:cool:

Lundind1
11-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Sounds to me like the Nats are trying to build a young organization. I don't think they are the least bit interested in Paulie. The Nationals are MLB's major league farm club. They are pretty rich with raw talents right now. I would see them making a deal happen for Dunn but the real prize would be Fielder. The Brewers are hurting for young talent to fill roles in the minors that were stripped for the Sabathia trade. I see the Brewers offering Fielder arbitration, signing him and then trading him for a boatload of minor leaguers and some sort-of major league ready players from the Nats.

LoveYourSuit
11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I don't know why people here still think Konerko has any trade value out there let alone that he is willing to not block a trade with his 10/5 rights?

:scratch:

Madscout
11-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Maybe he was refering to Swisher?:scratch:

I wouldn't want it to happen unless we got some good stuff out of them, but I don't think they have any good stuff.

sox1970
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Anderson, Fields, and Swisher for Zimmerman...approved.

NLaloosh
11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I'd be happy to see the Sox unload most of Konerko's salary for a couple of good prospects.

oeo
11-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't know why people here still think Konerko has any trade value out there let alone that he is willing to not block a trade with his 10/5 rights?

:scratch:

You must have missed his final two months (and postseason) if you don't think he has any trade value.

hellview
11-03-2008, 01:03 PM
You must have missed his final two months (and postseason) if you don't think he has any trade value.

Hahahahaha...that's the worst arguement I've ever read!!!

So teams are gonna ignore the first 4 monthes of the season, yearly decling numbers cause Konerko had a good 2 monthes.

hellview
11-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I also forgot to mention how he's a product of the cell, his road numbers are garbage.

palehozenychicty
11-03-2008, 01:29 PM
The Nats need to find a GM before they make any moves on players. How Jim Bowden is still an MLB GM is beyond me.

turners56
11-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Hah. Some of the possible people they were going after included Tex, Fielder, and Holliday. The only guy they have a real shot at is Dunn. Nationals acquiring big names? Forget about it.

It's almost as funny as Tim Dierkes saying that the Twins might sign Casey Blake and Orlando Cabrera. Yeah, like they will chalk up $20 million to two players. Funny.

palehozenychicty
11-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Hah. Some of the possible people they were going after included Tex, Fielder, and Holliday. The only guy they have a real shot at is Dunn. Nationals acquiring big names? Forget about it.

It's almost as funny as Tim Dierkes saying that the Twins might sign Casey Blake and Orlando Cabrera. Yeah, like they will chalk up $20 million to two players. Funny.

It is doubtful, but you never know. If Dunn signs with the Nats, then maybe Ricciardi was right. He isn't interested in winning.

oeo
11-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Hahahahaha...that's the worst arguement I've ever read!!!

Is this a requirement in every one of your posts? Seriously? Laughing- check. Worst argument- check. Hellview is a genius- check.

All hail the great hellview, he knows all.

So teams are gonna ignore the first 4 monthes of the season, yearly decling numbers cause Konerko had a good 2 monthes.No, it shows that the first four months he battled injuries, and came back with a bang in the final two. Somehow he has no trade value because of that?

Hahahahaha...you are the worst poster on WSI!!!

oeo
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I also forgot to mention how he's a product of the cell, his road numbers are garbage.

Actually, you've mentioned that before. And it was brought to your attention that 2008 was the only year in which your argument holds.

That's okay, though. Continue to cherry pick statistics.

turners56
11-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Is this a requirement in every one of your posts? Seriously? Laughing- check. Worst argument- check. Hellview is a genius- check.

No, it shows that the first four months he battled injuries, and came back with a bang in the final two. Somehow he has no trade value because of that?

He sounds like the most pessimistic Sox fan alive. Even more so than Homefish and Munchman. It's as if he's not even a White Sox fan...

SoxNation05
11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
I think this thread should be shut down before we are looking at posts about trades for Ryan Zimmerman.

oeo
11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
He sounds like the most pessimistic Sox fan alive. Even more so than Homefish and Munchman. It's as if he's not even a White Sox fan...

I agree with the munchman comparison. He thinks he knows everything. I don't even know where he came from. Shows up a month ago and thinks he's God's gift to the world.

SoxNation05
11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Has anyone ever heard of Craig Grebeck?! He is munchmans twin.

hellview
11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree with the munchman comparison. He thinks he knows everything. I don't even know where he came from. Shows up a month ago and thinks he's God's gift to the world.

blah blah blah...contribute or slag off.

hi im skot
11-03-2008, 04:17 PM

Don't forget always misspelling "argument."

hellview
11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
No, it shows that the first four months he battled injuries, and came back with a bang in the final two. Somehow he has no trade value because of that?

I didn't say he had no trade value, I just said he's got little. All these people thinking the Sox can get Figgens, Cain or any kind of decent prospect is crazy.

Expensive-CHECK
Declining-CHECK
NTC-CHECK

hellview
11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Don't forget always misspelling "argument."

http://unbillablehours.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/ralph_wiggum_800_1.gif

"Me fail English, that's unpossible"

turners56
11-03-2008, 04:25 PM
I didn't say he had no trade value, I just said he's got little. All these people thinking the Sox can get Figgens, Cain or any kind of decent prospect is crazy.

Expensive-CHECK
Declining-CHECK
NTC-CHECK

Cain is laughable, but Figgins isn't. We all know how much Moreno and the Angels love Konerko.

hellview
11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Cain is laughable, but Figgins isn't. We all know how much Moreno and the Angels love Konerko.

I've never heard one thing about Moreno and the Angels loving Konerko. Also I have no doubt that the Angels could put Morales at first and get very similar numbers for 400k.

munchman33
11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
If we're going to get close to good value for Konerko, we'll have to find a better fit than the Nationals. Even if Paulie agreed, we'd essentially be giving him away.

And please don't involve my name in these kinds of threads. It's below me. :cool:

doublem23
11-03-2008, 04:50 PM
I'd be happy to see the Sox unload most of Konerko's salary for a couple of good prospects.

You're not going to get both... The Sox are going to have to eat a lot of Konerko's salary or just give him away... All assuming he'd waive his 10/5 rights.

Nobody's going to pay for Paul Konerko with money and prospects.

dickallen15
11-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Look at Swisher on the road. That said, KW is only going to trade Paullie, if he trades him, to a team Paulie won't be stuck wondering whether or not to use his no trade option. He has far too much respect for him. He will not make a deal with a team he knows Paulie doesn't want to play for and leave him hanging having to involk his right. If Paulie goes, I think it would either be the Angels or DBacks.

SoxNation05
11-03-2008, 04:56 PM

Expensive-CHECK
Declining-CHECK
NTC-CHECK
Who is Figgens? If you are talking about Chone FiggIns you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Figgins is wanted out of Anaheim. They already have a log jam of infielders anyways.

SoxNation05
11-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Look at Swisher on the road. That said, KW is only going to trade Paullie, if he trades him, to a team Paulie won't be stuck wondering whether or not to use his no trade option. He has far too much respect for him. He will not make a deal with a team he knows Paulie doesn't want to play for and leave him hanging having to involk his right. If Paulie goes, I think it would either be the Angels or DBacks.
Agree 100 percent.

SoxNation05
11-03-2008, 06:55 PM
I feel Mark Teahen may get traded to DC.

turners56
11-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I've never heard one thing about Moreno and the Angels loving Konerko. Also I have no doubt that the Angels could put Morales at first and get very similar numbers for 400k.

Just where were you in 2005? And what exactly do you mean by similar numbers? Morales would have a hard time producing what Konerko did last year with a nagging injuries for four months. If he could of put up Konerko-like numbers, they would of started him there last year instead of Kotchman. And they were saying how Kotchman could put up Konerko-like numbers. But he never put up the power numbers...

hellview
11-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Just where were you in 2005? And what exactly do you mean by similar numbers? Morales would have a hard time producing what Konerko did last year with a nagging injuries for four months. If he could of put up Konerko-like numbers, they would of started him there last year instead of Kotchman. And they were saying how Kotchman could put up Konerko-like numbers. But he never put up the power numbers...

2005 was a long time ago as far...