PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought, what about Daal?

VeeckAsInWreck
05-19-2002, 08:13 PM
If we are indeed shopping Carlos Lee around, why not send him to a team that needs offense like the Dodgers? Dan Evans is the G.M. there and he knows what C.Lee can do. So why not pick up Omar Daal? I hear he has been asking for a trade anyway. So what do you guys think?

If you don't know who Daal is click here!!!!!!! (http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5/5009/)

CerberusWG
05-19-2002, 11:10 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Problem is, the Dodgers already have corner OF's.

CerberusWG
05-19-2002, 11:16 PM
More that I think about it, the Dodgers could use a 2B bad. I'd think they'd take Durham over Grudzilanek any day of the week. But Daal for Durham is too lopsided IMO.

baggio202
05-19-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
More that I think about it, the Dodgers could use a 2B bad. I'd think they'd take Durham over Grudzilanek any day of the week. But Daal for Durham is too lopsided IMO.

a dodger fan came over to the chisox MLB board and proposed durham for daal / grudzielanek...so they are thinking the same thing over there...

i like durham but if KW does not plan on resigning him this could be a good trade...the dodgers are pitching heavy and really need offense..we could afford to give up durham's offense foras pitcher of daal's quality

it would leave us with a few different options...let graffy play 2nd base full time...move jose to 2nd and let crede start his career....it also still leaves us carlos lee to trade at a later date for another starter....would be nice if we got two quality starters and danny wright was our 5th..i think anaheim showed we are not gonna beat quality opponents with our rotation the way it is..

raul12
05-20-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

a dodger fan came over to the chisox MLB board and proposed durham for daal / grudzielanek...so they are thinking the same thing over there...

i like durham but if KW does not plan on resigning him this could be a good trade...the dodgers are pitching heavy and really need offense..we could afford to give up durham's offense foras pitcher of daal's quality

it would leave us with a few different options...let graffy play 2nd base full time...move jose to 2nd and let crede start his career....it also still leaves us carlos lee to trade at a later date for another starter....would be nice if we got two quality starters and danny wright was our 5th..i think anaheim showed we are not gonna beat quality opponents with our rotation the way it is..

unless the LA GM is smokin' some serious stuff, we'd have to give up more than durham to get daal. durham for daal straight up--you must be drinkin' the cubbie kool-aid. and with our GMs propensity of giving up too much....KW probably would trade rausch, durham, frank thomas, and maggs for daal and future considerations.

Chisox_cali
05-20-2002, 12:14 AM
Well just make it into some sort of three way deal with the Sox Tigers and Dodgers, where we get Daal and Weaver.

Ah probably just a pipe dream, but I wouldn't mind a rotation of:

Buehrle
Ritchie
Daal
Weaver
Wright

baggio202
05-20-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by raul12

unless the LA GM is smokin' some serious stuff, we'd have to give up more than durham to get daal. durham for daal straight up--you must be drinkin' the cubbie kool-aid. and with our GMs propensity of giving up too much....KW probably would trade rausch, durham, frank thomas, and maggs for daal and future considerations.

hey it was a dodger fan that made that offer....guess they are really hurting for offense...but you are right...kenny cant get any deal done w/o "throwing in" half the f'n farm system

Garrison
05-20-2002, 09:42 AM
i think anaheim showed we are not gonna beat quality opponents with our rotation the way it is..

No we aren't! Aside from Buehrle and Ritchie, we've got no consistency in our starters. Garland should be put in the bullpen. He just hasn't shown that he can start at this level. Go out and get a #3 and #4 starter. Wright can pitch in the #5 slot and he'll at least give us a few good outings from there and hopefully continue to improve. He's going to be a real good major leaguer. We need to make a trade or two, fast.

raul12
05-20-2002, 02:04 PM

hey it was a dodger fan that made that offer....guess they are really hurting for offense...but you are right...kenny cant get any deal done w/o "throwing in" half the f'n farm system

sorry about that--i wish that dodger fan was the LA GM!

hold2dibber
05-20-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by raul12

How about Durham, Rowand and a minor league player (maybe Valenzuela, Ulacia, or Olivo) for Daal and Gruzilanik (sp?))? They get a significant upgrade at 2B and a possible upgrade in CF (I think Roward will be much better than Dave Roberts), we get a legit #3 starter and someone to keep 2B warm for Hummel or Harris next year.

What do people think it would take to get Weaver? Dombrowski says 3 young pitchers. Obviously, I wouldn't be willing to give them Wright, Rauch and Malone. But what about Wright, Ulacia, and Stumm? Or Rauch, Ginter and Heath? Worth it? Would Detroit be interested? I really like Weaver and would love to see him in the rotation - but am scared to death of overpaying, particularly since they're in our division (how much worse would it be to see K. Wells and Fogg kicking ass if they were doing it for the Indians or the Twins?).

Paulwny
05-20-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

What do people think it would take to get Weaver? Dombrowski says 3 young pitchers. Obviously, I wouldn't be willing to give them Wright, Rauch and Malone. But what about Wright, Ulacia, and Stumm? Or Rauch, Ginter and Heath? Worth it? Would Detroit be interested? I really like Weaver and would love to see him in the rotation - but am scared to death of overpaying, particularly since they're in our division (how much worse would it be to see K. Wells and Fogg kicking ass if they were doing it for the Indians or the Twins?).

Dombrowski always impresed me as a shrewd trader. I think he'd take KW to the cleaners.

guillen4life13
05-20-2002, 08:34 PM
daal's numbers don't really impress me, especially because of the inflation of eras from the nl to the al. and weaver is well known as more of a jackass around the league, as he has sparked 2 brawls in the last two years... one with us (i'm pretty sure it was him). i don't know if many people who were on the 00 team will recieve him well.