PDA

View Full Version : Legacy bricks - Friday, 10/31 was the last day

SoxComms
10-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Today is the last day one can purchase a Legacy Brick for the Plaza at Gate 4.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/forms/brick_paver.jsp?loc=form

HomeFish
10-31-2008, 06:10 PM
If you haven't seen the monument and are on the fence about getting a brick, I would say go ahead and do it. It sounded really dumb when I first heard about it, but having since visited the stadium and seeing what the bricks look like, it's actually really cool.

Jurr
10-31-2008, 08:11 PM
If you haven't seen the monument and are on the fence about getting a brick, I would say go ahead and do it. It sounded really dumb when I first heard about it, but having since visited the stadium and seeing what the bricks look like, it's actually really cool.
It's absolutely awesome. I would definitely suggest it. I had to stretch to buy one before I was out of my schooling, but now that I see it, it's so worth it. My brick actually touches the '83 logo on the third base side. It's something that my kids (God willing) will see one day.

Martinigirl
10-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Today is the last day one can purchase a Legacy Brick for the Plaza at Gate 4.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/forms/brick_paver.jsp?loc=form

Thank you for posting this, I don't even think it occurred to me that there was a deadline. I told my parents that I would get them a brick for their anniversary (in August) and they just haven't been able to decide what they wanted it to say. Nothing like telling them today was the last day to have them agree on what the text should read.

Thanks again.

LongLiveFisk
10-31-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm going to buy one now....going nuts trying to think of what to inscribe though. :scratch:

LongLiveFisk
11-01-2008, 10:06 AM
THANK YOU for starting this thread otherwise I would have missed out!

I purchased mine last night. Can't wait to try and find it at the ballpark! Will I have to wait for Spring? :smile:

KenBerryGrab
11-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Our brick is awesome. I'm a little concerned at the way the plaza is settling, though. The bricks are uneven in spots.

swish
11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
FYI: You can still call in and order your brick, I just got off the phone with them, they are very helpful. The number is: 866-976-9275

LongLiveFisk
11-03-2008, 10:13 PM
FYI: You can still call in and order your brick, I just got off the phone with them, they are very helpful. The number is: 866-976-9275

I believe it....I went to the website the day after and it looked as though you could still order online as well.

oeo
11-03-2008, 11:04 PM

I believe it....I went to the website the day after and it looked as though you could still order online as well.

The "deadline" was likely to get more sales. Why would they stop selling them if they're not sold out? Does not make much sense.

cub killer
11-10-2008, 08:23 PM
It was posted here a while back that there was a brick in the plaza with something derogatory written about us. "CUS SNAFXOS" I'm wondering if it's been removed or not. I hope it's gone and the money was refunded to whoever ordered that brick.

LongLiveFisk
11-11-2008, 07:38 PM
It was posted here a while back that there was a brick in the plaza with something derogatory written about us. "CUS SNAFXOS" I'm wondering if it's been removed or not. I hope it's gone and the money was refunded to whoever ordered that brick.

It should be removed without a refund, those ignorant twits.

cub killer
11-12-2008, 09:04 PM
It should be removed without a refund, those ignorant twits.

I totally agree. I was pretty angry when I read about that. If that was put there by a cub fan... well, they say we're more concerned about them than they about us, yet who spends $$$ just to do something childish like that?

Anyway, here's the thread where it's mentioned:
http://flyingsock.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96590&page=13

And here's what was said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBeast http://flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://flyingsock.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1852707#post1852707)
While looking for my brick, I noticed a brick with the words "CUS SNAFXOS" ... was someone not screening the submitted content, I think it was near the 2nd base area. there was more on the brick , Idid not want to stand in the rain to read it though... If there is 1, I'm sure there are more.

So if anyone sees if it's still there, I hope you report it to Brooks or whoever. We can't allow that nonsense.

Lundind1
11-12-2008, 09:21 PM
I will take a look tomorrow morning and let you guys know if it is there. If that is the case I think there should be an A team style brick removal one night by "someone", lol. How insane, what is this world coming to.

GoGoCrede
11-12-2008, 10:59 PM
I hear the person who caught Pods' walkoff has a brick, anyone seen it? I'd love to look at it next time I'm at the Cell.