PDA

View Full Version : Nuke hits the pipe: Sox will sign Sabathia and Burnett!

NLaloosh
10-31-2008, 09:54 AM
I've uncovered Kenny Williams' secret plan.

By spending only $ 2 mil. this year on the 3 critical defensive positions of SS, 3B and 2B he has created a revolutionary plan.

With an infield of:

Fields 3B - hasn't played a full season yet and defense is the worst part of his game.

Ramirez SS- has played only one year - at 2B. Adequate at 2B. At SS who knows?

Getz/Nix 2B - combined 63 at bats. Have proven only that they can fit into a uniform.

Combine that with Konerko at 1B and A.J. behind the plate and PRESTO ! The worst defensive infield in baseball. Certainly, that would be the worst I've ever seen on a major league field. Surely, the most inexperienced.

But, Kenny's too smart for that. He plans to then dump Vazquez and Konerko's salaries( $ 24 mil.) for prospects. Then, he signs a backup catcher with great defensive skills and installs Swisher at 1B.

Lastly, he signs Sabathia and Burnett ( $ 40 mil. ). Two strikeout artists. Brilliant plan.

OR, Kenny's just crapping us. Which do you believe?

palehozenychicty
10-31-2008, 09:59 AM
That's funny. You just made my Halloween morning even spookier. :D:

cleanwsox
10-31-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=3901

This guy should change his name to SabathiaBurnett09

I want Mags back
10-31-2008, 12:15 PM

By spending only $ 2 mil. this year on the 3 critical defensive positions of SS, 3B and 2B he has created a revolutionary plan.

With an infield of:

Fields 3B - hasn't played a full season yet and defense is the worst part of his game.

Getz/Nix 2B - combined 63 at bats. Have proven only that they can fit into a uniform.

Combine that with Konerko at 1B and A.J. behind the plate and PRESTO ! The worst defensive infield in baseball. Certainly, that would be the worst I've ever seen on a major league field. Surely, the most inexperienced.

But, Kenny's too smart for that. He plans to then dump Vazquez and Konerko's salaries( $ 24 mil.) for prospects. Then, he signs a backup catcher with great defensive skills and installs Swisher at 1B.

Lastly, he signs Sabathia and Burnett ( $ 40 mil. ). Two strikeout artists. Brilliant plan.

:rolling:

I. Will Rockwell
11-02-2008, 07:03 PM

With an infield of:

I think that when Winter Meetings for the REAL SOX begin tomorrow, AJ Burnettt will be on his way to Boston and you guys will be left wondering why he didn't come on board with your Welfare Recipient team.

DickAllen72
11-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I think that when Winter Meetings for the REAL SOX begin tomorrow, AJ Burnettt will be on his way to Boston and you guys will be left wondering why he didn't come on board with your Welfare Recipient team.
Get lost, troll.

I. Will Rockwell
11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Get lost, troll.

Well I need somewhere to be until that other message board opens up. Hey you're alright mutha ****a.:dtroll:

I want Mags back
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM

seriously

turners56
11-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Well I need somewhere to be until that other message board opens up. Hey you're alright mutha ****a.:dtroll:
I smell a ban.

You know he was only joking about this right? Burnett's had three completely healthy seasons in his entire ten year career. I wouldn't want him for the money anyhow. Have fun with the lesser version of Josh Beckett.

And oh yeah, by welfare recipient, you mean a $109 million payroll right? That's not far behind that other Sox team.

DumpJerry
11-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Well, this one just closed to you.

chisoxfanatic
11-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Don't kid yourself now. The Red Sox have never been the "real" Sox.

guillensdisciple
11-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Um I am pretty sure you are wearing white sox right now, kinda ironic because that is the popular color in sox.

The REAL SOX come in White.

(I understand that is not how you spell socks.)

HomeFish
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM
What a silly troll. "HEY GUYS, MY TEAM IS ABOUT TO OVERPAY FOR AN OVERRATED FREE AGENT WHO IS UNLIKELY TO BE HEALTHY FOR MUCH OF THE LENGTH OF THE DEAL!" does not make me feel inferior.

doublem23
11-02-2008, 10:26 PM
What a silly troll. "HEY GUYS, MY TEAM IS ABOUT TO OVERPAY FOR AN OVERRATED FREE AGENT WHO IS UNLIKELY TO BE HEALTHY FOR MUCH OF THE LENGTH OF THE DEAL!" does not make me feel inferior.

My thoughts exactly.

AJ Burnett will sure look good modeling that Red Sox windbreaker. :rolleyes:

TheOldRoman
11-02-2008, 11:08 PM
What a silly troll. "HEY GUYS, MY TEAM IS ABOUT TO OVERPAY FOR AN OVERRATED FREE AGENT WHO IS UNLIKELY TO BE HEALTHY FOR MUCH OF THE LENGTH OF THE DEAL!" does not make me feel inferior.You are used to seeing other teams sign free agents, being a Twins fan and all.

cub killer
11-03-2008, 05:02 AM
I think that when Winter Meetings for the REAL SOX begin tomorrow

The White Sox were the first team to be called "Sox". At that time, the Boston team were the Pilgrims or Americans. Not until later did your team try to be like us and change their name accordingly.

Thome25
11-03-2008, 09:04 AM

OK now, this troll REALLY hit a nerve on me. If he/she knew ANYTHING about history they'd know that WE were the first team in the AL with the name "SOX". The Boston ballclub which I refuse to refer to as "SOX" stole part of our name and took the former name of the Cincinnatti Reds. WTS the Boston ballclub had several different names until around 1907 when they decided they wanted to call themselves the "SOX" or stockings. All the while, the White Sox were using this name.

If we were the first ones in the AL to use the name "SOX" that would make US the REAL Sox and them the wannabes. It really gets under my skin when I hear television announcers and ESPN anchors referring to the Boston ballclub as the "SOX".

We are the real "Sox" we had the name in the AL first.

whitesox901
11-03-2008, 10:56 AM

:rolleyes:

Tekijawa
11-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Burnett fits more into the mold of the Northsiders than our squad...

SoxNation05
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Burnett fits more into the mold of the Northsiders than our squad...
Becuase he gets injured a lot and is a whiny bitch?